collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Trappers  (Read 11883 times)

Offline Coasthunterjay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Trappers
« on: December 02, 2007, 08:23:15 PM »
So does anyone have a picture exactly of what type of traps you can use for trapping? i have never done it and am thinking of trying it. ill have to take the washington game test first but first the traps...........................

Offline Houndhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
Re: Trappers
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 09:04:38 PM »
its alota work getting into trapping. im starting to do it, but it really cost just to much money for me right now. but im a highschool kid with a part time job, so a avg worker i suppose wouldnt have as hard of a time with money. its just alot more hassal then its worth right now, for me atleast. a guy i know of who is really into it, said he take me up on some of his trap lines some time and show me how it works using only live traps and all

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 09:08:33 PM »
Cage or box traps.
Similar to these. http://www.havahart.com/nuisance/raccoon/raccoon_cage_traps.asp

I am reading the home study book right now.

sisu

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 09:23:33 PM »
Personally like the the snare and connibear on beaver. Very effective!

Offline bearhunter59

• Scout
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 09:52:08 PM »
It is one big hassle getting into trapping in this state.  They've made it pretty difficult to even trap anything, and if your a new person trying to get into it, it is one road block after another trying to get anywhere or any answers.  You have to apply to the state; they send you a home study book that you have to study and then schedule to go take a test.

The study book covers a lot of stuff and most of the info on trapping is actually covered using the traps we can't even use in this state.  They don't really cover much on techniques, use or making of any of the box/cage traps, that are the only thing you can use in this state.

They will only give you the test out of their office over in Ephrata, if I recall right.  And even then they hem and haw and pretty much do everything but come right out and refuse to schedule it for you.  They will tell you that the test is usually given by the Washington State Trappers Association, at one of their Rendevous in the Spring or Summer if I recall.  But this is only after you sit through the Associations trapper training program.  Try getting ahold of the Trapper Association to find out which rendevous and where and they don't give you a straight answer either.

With the pretty short trapping season in this state, the initial cost of the all the traps that you'd need, and the major hassle just trying to get the REQUIRED training and testing, pretty much discouraged me from getting into it.

I was really disappointed in the lack of info or assistance by the Washington State Trappers Associations too.  You would think that they would try to get as many people into it as possible to keep trapping alive in this state.  The way it appears to be going in this state, it wouldn't surprise me to see trapping completely outlawed, or at least dead/non-existant within the next 5-10 years.

If you'd like, send me an email, and I'll see if I can find the name and number of the trapper associations president, so you can find out about getting the training and testing.  They didn't have a working website the last time I checked.

Offline Coasthunterjay

• Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 08:53:16 AM »
Does anyone have any pictures? hey scott do they have to be any type of snare and conibear. i thought those were lethat traps?

sisu

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 09:10:05 AM »
Does anyone have any pictures? hey scott do they have to be any type of snare and conibear. i thought those were lethat traps?
The traps I mentioned are illegal in the State of Washington. We used them on beaver in Alaska. The snares were least expensive. I like the connibear because of it's nature to snap the neck or spine, but every now and then you get a goof up with either trap and have to dispatch the animal in a humane manner.
Ya, I went to the F&G office in Mill Creek(hahahaha, they looked at me like I wa from another planet) when I first moved here and inquired about a trapping license. There are or at least there were a lot of beaver on Wallace Creek on the south side of US 2 and I wanted to trap some for rounds. Long story short I was told all th above information plus the person in Mill Creek's office said that I had a better chance getting a personal interview with Gov. Locke than getting a license, so I dropped it.

Offline Coasthunterjay

• Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 09:17:12 AM »
thats funny. so then back to my original question. what type are we exctly allowed to use?

Offline WAcoyotehunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 09:30:22 AM »
box traps- live traps the havaheart.
Suitcase stye...no experience with those, but i've heard they're ok for beavers. lots of $$$
Leg holds, conibers, and snares are illegal...

The trapping rules in WA are a perfect example of wussies running our wildlife laws...just like hound hunting and baiting.  Rules that are not science based. :bash:

Offline FISHBOY

• Hunter
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 10:39:19 AM »
Unbielevable how this state treats trapping.  I grew up in MN and ran a trap line for muskrats/mink/raccoon of around 200 traps every year for 1-2 weeks, or until freeze up.  That is one thing I sure do miss about back there in the midwest.  Anyone can buy an over the counter liscence to trap in the state of MN and their are no restrictions (leg hold). 

Offline T-ROY

• Scout
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 10:50:59 AM »

sisu

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 12:03:22 PM »
 :o holy crap, T-Roy  :o the expense of those traps is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya PETA and the Humane Society did a number on the trappers in this state. They ran inflammatory ads depicting bad situations with dogs, cats and wild animals to the general liberal ass public and won. Where were the bulk of the sportsmen on this issue. I'll tell ya they were saying, "Well, hell I don't trap and it doesn't affect me, so what the hay I'll ignore the issue." This exact scenario is going to happen to archery someday and mark my word: Archery in Washington will die as a hunting sport if ALL the Sportsmen and Sportswomen don't unit, and this includes all the liberal ass fisher people out there too!

I got kicked off of a fishing site for being a jerk, but it does not bother me because the majority are liberal dinks that don't hunt, don't kill fish to eat(hell I don't kill all the fish we catch either but dam they taste good and I want to eat them)

Oh, T-Roy, I'm not ranting at you I just got my hackles up with the price of the trap and the idea that spawned this law. If I have rattled anybody's sense and sensibility will so be it. I've been guilty of that before.

Offline Houndhunter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 12:50:49 PM »
heres a what a trapping with live traps looks like, on this website
http://washingtonfishingfools.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=3b39de1484ee88b9638f3c1b5cf901ec&topic=4394.0

this guy sounds like he knows what hes doin, i guess the money in trapping is in bobcats

Offline addicted

• Old Salt
  • The famous FootDog
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 01:15:15 PM »
that site is pretty similar to ours. maybe this is an obvious sister site that i was  oblivious to.   :dunno:
"Right now, I am thinking that If my grandmother was here, she would be lecturing me about how there are poor people in Africa, that would just love to have a Ruger, I would just say "Great, granny, lets just ship all the Rugers to Africa!"

Loving life in the Great Northwest one day at a time.

It sounds like it's time to get a new gun.

sisu

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 03:03:30 PM »
Houndhunter, thanks for the post. I really liked that. That fella has done his homework on those traps. Needless to say I am impressed.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 04:15:55 PM »
What I get a kick of is what suffers when they get their head caught in a conibear.  I can sort of see (don't give me flack) the image an animal caught in a leghold can come up with, but stick your arm in a 220 coni, let alone a 330 or whatever the number is.  That thing will snap a shovel handle in half.  I know I tried to spring one.  :chuckle:  I have a whole garage full of "illegal" traps if they ever open trapping back up.  Maybe when Gregiore loses another poodle.

Offline Houndhunter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 04:19:42 PM »
they even got non-killing snares now too, so they dont strangle the animal. the nice thing bout conibear traps are they target specific animals

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 06:55:02 PM »
It is one big hassle getting into trapping in this state.  They've made it pretty difficult to even trap anything, and if your a new person trying to get into it, it is one road block after another trying to get anywhere or any answers.  You have to apply to the state; they send you a home study book that you have to study and then schedule to go take a test.

The study book covers a lot of stuff and most of the info on trapping is actually covered using the traps we can't even use in this state.  They don't really cover much on techniques, use or making of any of the box/cage traps, that are the only thing you can use in this state.

They will only give you the test out of their office over in Ephrata, if I recall right.  And even then they hem and haw and pretty much do everything but come right out and refuse to schedule it for you.  They will tell you that the test is usually given by the Washington State Trappers Association, at one of their Rendevous in the Spring or Summer if I recall.  But this is only after you sit through the Associations trapper training program.  Try getting ahold of the Trapper Association to find out which rendevous and where and they don't give you a straight answer either.

With the pretty short trapping season in this state, the initial cost of the all the traps that you'd need, and the major hassle just trying to get the REQUIRED training and testing, pretty much discouraged me from getting into it.

I was really disappointed in the lack of info or assistance by the Washington State Trappers Associations too.  You would think that they would try to get as many people into it as possible to keep trapping alive in this state.  The way it appears to be going in this state, it wouldn't surprise me to see trapping completely outlawed, or at least dead/non-existant within the next 5-10 years.

If you'd like, send me an email, and I'll see if I can find the name and number of the trapper associations president, so you can find out about getting the training and testing.  They didn't have a working website the last time I checked.

100% Correct!
It took me 6 phone calls over 2 years to finally get a little info from F&G. I would get into it, make some calls, then give up. Then I found a page on their site that said to send a letter for the home study book. It took over 3 weeks to get bakc to me. I have emailed with a couple guys that are supposed to be in the WA Trappers Asc. (over at trapperman.com) and they were not much help either. Right now I am just reading the book and not sure if I will take the test or not.

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 07:02:30 PM »

Where were the bulk of the sportsmen on this issue. I'll tell ya they were saying, "Well, hell I don't trap and it doesn't affect me, so what the hay I'll ignore the issue." This exact scenario is going to happen to archery someday and mark my word: Archery in Washington will die as a hunting sport if ALL the Sportsmen and Sportswomen don't unit, and this includes all the liberal ass fisher people out there too!

I have stated this very thing numerous times. What hunting user groups dislikes traps? Dog hunters of all kinds. How many fishermen don't hunt? Tons. If just the fishermen would step up to help we would still have hound hunting. If we don't help the other user groups we all lose out.

Offline Houndhunter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2007, 07:04:19 PM »
100% Correct!
It took me 6 phone calls over 2 years to finally get a little info from F&G. I would get into it, make some calls, then give up. Then I found a page on their site that said to send a letter for the home study book. It took over 3 weeks to get bakc to me. I have emailed with a couple guys that are supposed to be in the WA Trappers Asc. (over at trapperman.com) and they were not much help either. Right now I am just reading the book and not sure if I will take the test or not.

if you do go in to take the test make sure you know that book like the back of your hand

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2007, 07:16:18 PM »
Houndhunter-
Where did you take your test? Was it downtown Oly, the Region 6 office in Monte or did you have to go to Ephrata?

Offline Houndhunter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2007, 07:22:25 PM »
i took it at the department of natural resources in olympia. if your close its pretty easy to go in and take a test, not that big of a hassal and all. i think they should lower there standards on passing though, i think 80% minimum would be better

Offline Krusty

• Hunter
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2007, 08:19:52 PM »
Threads like this, just continue to spread mis-information, about trapping. :dunno:

As a County Rep, for the Washington State Trapper's Association, I'd be glad to properly inform anyone interested.
I'll also admit that the WSTA is difficult to contact, or to get help from, but we are working on changing that.

No matter what though, the WSTA will be way more helpful than the WDFW.

Many forms and types of traps, including conibears and other killing traps are legal in Washington.
Some require a special permit though. ;)

The trapper training course is held more than once a year (there was a class, on Nov 14).
If you'd like information on training, I can help with that too.

I can be contacted by e-mail jeffsavoie768@hotmail.com

Krusty
Sarcasm; just one of the many services I offer.

Offline Krusty

• Hunter
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2007, 10:14:56 PM »
I can add a couple things to this thread.

Trapping for most people is a hobby, and many new hobbies are costly to start up. Hunting is an expensive hobby, most of you have firearms costing a lot more than the most expensive beaver traps.

The key is not to waste time and money on target animals that don't cost effectively pay for the equipment to catch them.

It takes 7-10 raccoons to pay for a commercially made 'coon cage (about the same for beavers), but a single buck mink can pay for the one he's in and a few more.

Hancock type beaver traps are very costly, but they are not the only option. Other commercial options can be one third of that price.
And I can make a completely legal drowning trap for beavers, from hog wire and re-bar, for around $40.

The Hancock type traps, and indeed all live capture traps (cages), have their place, and were not developed as an answer to the demands of groups like HSUS and PETA.

But they were used as ammunition in their fight against us, cited as an "available alternative".

(*In the same way... non-tox shot, and non-lead bullets in plastic sabots, will someday be used to ban lead projectiles altogether... Doubt me? Look at the new Californian bill to ban lead in condor recovery areas, that Gov. Arnold just signed.
It was clearly fueled by the available alternatives to lead.)

Houndhunter,

The strict requirements are due to the argument that in order to teach yourself the home study material, you must do so to a level of proficiency equal to that of a certified instructor.

I did both, I participated in the review of draft copies of the home study course, and was among the very first to receive the final draft and complete the home study course.
There wasn't even a test written at that point, so I later took the test as part of the WSTA's trapper training.

It took considerably less time and hassle to drive to Cashmere and get it taken care of, than I wasted hassling with the State (for nothing).

My advice for anyone in the future, would be to take one of the WSTA's courses, and in one day have your certificate.

Krusty

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2007, 06:14:25 AM »
As a County Rep, for the Washington State Trapper's Association, I'd be glad to properly inform anyone interested.
I'll also admit that the WSTA is difficult to contact, or to get help from, but we are working on changing that.

No matter what though, the WSTA will be way more helpful than the WDFW.

I have no doubt that the WSTA will be more helpfull, but a search of the web and other trapping sites revealed little to know help for me. Glad to hear they are working on that.

Hancock type beaver traps are very costly, but they are not the only option. Other commercial options can be one third of that price.
And I can make a completely legal drowning trap for beavers, from hog wire and re-bar, for around $40.

Are the other commercial options a similar type trap?
A legal drowning trap for beavers could only be used under permit correct?

It took considerably less time and hassle to drive to Cashmere and get it taken care of, than I wasted hassling with the State (for nothing).

My advice for anyone in the future, would be to take one of the WSTA's courses, and in one day have your certificate.

Hassling with the state is absolutely right. I won't go into it, but it took me forever to even get the home study materials.

Be sure to keep us posted on the WSTA's courses as I am sure there are others on here that would like to get involved.

Offline Krusty

• Hunter
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2007, 09:51:31 AM »
Willie,

There's a saying... "if you're not part of the solution, maybe you're part of the problem."
I chose to join the WSTA, and become involved in the solution.

Some of the other commercial options are similar to the suitcase traps, some are not.

You are not correct... Drowning sets, by definition, are not illegal, nor are they expressly under the domain of the permit process.
Page 3 of the current regs covers this;

IT IS UNLAWFUL TO;

* Trap for wild animals unless non-body gripping kill traps are checked and animals removed within 72 hours.

Funnel traps, colony traps, and "swim through" cages, all fall into the category of "non body gripping kill traps".

I don't keep up on the trapper training schedule, and I don't plan on posting said info, on an ongoing basis.
The only reason I came back in here, to post at all, was to clear up the detrimental mis-information.
In general, non-trappers do more harm than good, when discussing trapping, leading people to believe things that just aren't true.

If anyone would like anymore information regarding trapping, training, or equipment, please e-mail me.

Krusty

Offline bearhunter59

• Scout
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2007, 10:19:51 PM »
Don't mean to start a pissin' match here, but Holy Crap, Krusty...you come on here accusing "non-trappers of doing more harm than good", and spreading "mis-information", and claim to be a "County Rep, for the Washington State Trappers Association", yet you only provided half-answers, or no information at all.

You tell us "The trapper training course is held more than once a year (there was a class, on Nov 14).
If you'd like information on training, I can help with that too."  Well, instead of telling us it's held more than once a year, and when it was just held, why not tell us when the next courses will be.

You tell us "I'll also admit that the WSTA is difficult to contact, or to get help from, but we are working on changing that."  Apparently,not too hard, because it was over 2 years ago that I looked into trapping and trying to get ahold of WSTA, and they didn't have a working website then, and were "working on changing that."  And here you had the perfect opportunity to tell everyone how to join, or give a phone number, mailing address, or email address of the organization, and the only thing you did was say "...email me".  Well, I guess if you don't give any information, you can't be accused of spreading "detrimental mis-information".

You go on to say how some are "mis-leading" everyone into thinking that the discussed traps are illegal, and can't be used in this state, and then give them the VERY INFORMATIVE statement "Some require a special permit though."  Yah, no *censored*, "special permit".  WAC 232-12-142 covers the special permit, and explains all the steps a trapper would have to go through to get one of those permits.  It appears to be about as lengthy and screwed-up a process as just trying to get a trappers license in the first place.  And tell us "The key is not to waste time and money on target animals that don't cost effectively pay for the equipment to catch them."  Well anyone that thinks that "special permit" trapping can be done "cost-effectively", is "misleading" everyone.  Like you stated earlier, the type of traps used with these permits are not cheap, and the fact that the trapper CANNOT sell the fur they get from a "permit" trap set, doesn't really make it cost-effective. [WAC 232-12-142(5) and RCW 77.15.194(4)(b)] The only money the trapper would get from trapping a "nuisance" animal, would be if the landowner paid him to trap that animal.  Not exactly what the vast majority of the guys thinking of getting into this as a "hobby" are going to ever hassle with.

So maybe I was just stating the generality of the use of these traps, and didn't get into the Nuisance Control "permit" trapping, and therefore didn't get into specifics.  But, in my view you mislead more, by simply stating "Some require a special permit though.", without any hint to the prospective new trapper as to how drawnout a process it is, or that IN GENERAL, the guy doing it as a "hobby" will probably NEVER bother going through that hassle.  The majority of the time, the only trappers that bother going through the permit process, are guys making a living at fur-bearer trapping and NUISANCE CONTROL trapping.  (IN my opinion, Nuisance Cotrol trapping, and furbearing trapping should be two different licenses).

Come on, man.  I really don't mean to start a pissin' match, but you can't come on here accusing those of us trying to provide answers of spreading "detrimental mis-information", and then not provide answers, or only give half-answers.

I at least tried to provide as much information as I could on the subject.  You didn't really provide ANY information, other than to say the traps can be used....

Again...I guess if you don't give any information, you can't be accused of spreading "detrimental mis-information".

Offline Krusty

• Hunter
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2007, 01:04:20 PM »
Bearhunter,

It appears to me, that you are trying to start a pissing match.
Count me in. :IBCOOL:

I clearly stated that if anyone wanted more info to E-MAIL ME.

My membership status on this site is tenuous at best.
In fact the last thread I participated in on this board, which has since been deleted, I was threatened with banishment.

I ONLY CAME BACK IN HERE TO PROVIDE MY CONTACT INFO, SO I CAN PROVIDE THE CORRECT INFORMATION REGARDING TRAPPING, THROUGH ANOTHER MEDIA (LIKE E-MAIL).

I don't feel like posting the information here. And that should be my choice.

I'm sorry if my answers to Willie's questions were incomplete, but he'll have to find them on his own, due to personal conflicts between him and I.
If you (or just about anyone else) like a more complete answer... E-MAIL ME.

If you need any info on trapper training, the WSTA or how to join, E-MAIL ME.

Though the permit process may appear complicated, I can assure you it is not.

The types of live catch traps used WITHOUT a permit aren't cheap.

The traps commonly used for permit work, conibear traps, and padded footholds, are very affordable.

You are also mistaken about not being able to sell permit caught fur.
It cannot be sold RAW, but that does not preclude one from "processing the fur for retail sale" and selling it on the retail market.

My permit caught beaver pelts have been tanned and are going to be laced onto willow hoops and sold as wall hangings... COMPLETELY LEGALLY!
And trust me, I am making a lot more than if I sold them as raw fur, even with the extra work involved.

And as I explained to the young man who was smart enough to follow my directions and contact me outside of this thread, sometimes you do something "for nothing" and look at it as an investment in the future.

To me, trapping is fun, I don't do it to get rich.

And The Trapper's Code of Ethics I was taught, says we are to assist landowners with animals problems, when we can.
By agreeing to trap beavers causing damage, I was granted permission to trap any and all furbearers I wanted to, and to duck hunt.
The neighbor asked me to trap his place too, and one property has turned into more than I can keep up with.
THE most important thing in trapping... is somewhere TO trap.

Problem animal trapping, whether by permit or not, is a great way to get someplace, and somewhere.

(*Note: a "problem animal" and a legal nuisance are not the same thing. One can often solve a problem without declaring it a nuisance and obtaining special permits.)

A fur trapping license does not authorize you to charge a fee for trapping, you must be certified as a Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator to bill for your services.
THEY ALREADY ARE TWO DIFFERENT LICENSES.

Many trappers feel like you do, that the permit process is more trouble than it's worth.
That's fine, but in my opinion they are severely limiting themselves, by doing so.

For about 15 minutes worth of paperwork, I was granted access to a $7000 a year duck lease, and three sections of land to trap on (and I am welcome to fish and deer hunt now too).

Even without all of that, it was a good feeling to know I had solved a big problem, just because I could. ;)

And I could not have solved the problem as efficiently without conibear traps, so I did so on a special permit.

Much of the "information" you provided is wrong, or based on your opinions not facts.

So I completely disagree, a lack of information, is not the same as a lack of correct information.

And I did state I am more than willing and able to provide that information, correctly, on a one to one basis, outside of this forum.
Can you?

Just a clue for you... go look at the Trapper's Rendezvous thread... go down to trapper ed on the schedule, and notice who was teaching it. ;)
I'm not a certified instructor (yet), but I can pretty much guarantee you I know as much about trapping law as anyone who is.

(*Note, if my work schedule had allowed me to attend the Rendezvous, I would have been certified as an instructor, before the class.)

What I also am not, is a member in good standing of this site, so I'd like to spend as little time here as I can.
And this thread, has already stressed my limits.

Tone down the hostility a notch, dude... if there's anything I can do, to actually help you, I'd be more than glad to try.

But not if you are just going to bitch at me. :dunno:

E-MAIL ME, maybe I can call you and use my voice to discuss this, or better yet meet face to face?

Krusty

sisu

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2007, 01:56:51 PM »
I also got this from google
http://www.furtakersofamerica.com/Washington.htm
but it does not give much information except the fella's name, address and telephone #, so you'd better send Krrrrrrrusty a email as he seems to be the best bet.

And here is the online link to call about getting a distance learning couse sent to you,

http://wdfw.wa.gov/wlm/game/trapping/index.htm
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 02:03:27 PM by sisu »

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2007, 02:24:01 PM »
Welcome back Krusty.  I always knew you were a good source for trapping information.  I appreciate you coming on here with some information.  I might just be e-mailing you as I may try to give this trapping thing another whirl.

Offline bearhunter59

• Scout
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2007, 05:22:33 PM »
 :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
Krusty, your funny....

As I said, I really am not trying to start, or continue a pissin' match, so I'll just say thanks for providing what information you did.  I hope this helps the individual decide if he wants to pursue getting his license and joining an informative and helpful organization like the WSTA, with such swell guys like you.

And congratulation on your trapping success.  I hope that you and all the other trappers in this state can continue to have good trapping.

Offline Krusty

• Hunter
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2007, 05:53:24 PM »
Sisu,

Valiant effort, but in a big way, that's what's wrong with the situation, for those who are frustrated with the efforts they've made.

Roger could surely point you in the right direction.
But (I believe) that ph# is no good.
The Barney's have moved to Montana.

And as I stated before, the link to the WDFW is no more helpful, in my opinion.

Right now, like you say, unfortunately I am the best bet you have.

Incidently, the course material is exactly the same (home study or trapper training), but like everything WDWF... it is extremely difficult to cut through the crap, and get to the point of what's written.

Someone who understands it, to guide you, is immensely helpful.

Bone,

I dunno if it's a "welcome back" thing, it's more of a "welcome to the WSTA county rep".
If not for the appointed position, I would not have posted on this topic.
So I am not really me (Krusty), I am me (Jeff Savoie) the WSTA rep.

Which is part of why my answers were, at first, "short"... the association's official party line is to keep things pretty close to the cuff, in "public".

And they didn't ask me to take the job, so I could go around the internet making an "official" ass of myself (as opposed to a regular ass).
So, sometimes, the less I say, officially, the better.

But, thank you, for the welcome, just the same. :)

In that light, if I can answer any questions, for anybody (including Willie), it would be my great pleasure to do so, on behalf of the WSTA.
Please, feel free to e-mail me. :)

Krusty

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2007, 06:03:00 PM »
 :chuckle:  Good enough.

Offline Coasthunterjay

• Sourdough
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2008, 08:55:52 AM »
Krusty your still the best regular ass i know, LOL :chuckle:

No i am just joking. I was a little heated to see some confrintation between a couple knowlegable sportsman on this site. I am over it but just wanted to THANK KRUSTY and all the other people who helped out and threw in there two bits of info. I dont like seeing that a person has to be short because he had a heated dispute with another hunter or trapper. Cant we all just play along well with eachother. this site is suppose to be for all of us Buds. we are all suppose to be here to help eachother. Take advice from eachother and to learn from eachother.

And most the info we give may be factual but alot is opinionated. Everone needs to keep in the back of there mind when they are posting or when they get posted on that its only your opinion and its only the other persons opinion. Lets not get into heated conversations.......

Krusty your not welcomed back you were always welcome to be here in the first place, as is all the other sportsman out there that havent joined yet

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal