Advertisement

Author Topic: ?????  (Read 26702 times)

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
Re: LongTat did what????????????
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2009, 03:59:17 PM »
I know this thread needs to end but baiting for the sole purpose of taking pictures or viewing bears is not illegal.  Asking a F&W agent or any cop for that matter about laws only gets you the "I would or wouldn't cite you or arrest you".  I am of course only going off of the baiting for purpose of hunting RCW,  there may be something else in regards to feeding wildlife.

RCW 77.15.240 states: (d) As used in this subsection, "bait" means a substance placed, exposed, deposited, distributed, scattered, or otherwise used for the purpose of attracting black bears to an area where one or more persons hunt or intend to hunt them.  The first paragraph of the RCW does say "attract", however, subsection D further clarifies that the intent to hunt is required to be in violation.  In my opinion no gray area in this RCW.

You have to intend to hunt the bear(s) that are being baited.  A photographer that does not hunt has nothing to worry about.  A hunter on the other hand would have a harder time proving beyond a reasonable doubt that s/he had no intention to hunt the bear(s). 

What part or "against the law" don't you understand. That is what the agent told us.

Offline bearmanric

• RIP Colockumelk
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
  • Tenino Wa
    • Rick Robbins  rrcalls
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2009, 04:00:07 PM »
i didnt want this to go were it did. alot of shady stuff going on in capital forest. gamies no whats happening. didnt want people in trouble here.Rick
RIP Colockumelk
Facebook rrcalls no website.

Offline tlbradford

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2009, 04:05:34 PM »
LongTat loves the gamies! ;)

Right after this picture the music started and Longtat received his strip-o-gram.   :chuckle:
Dreams are forever on the mind, realization in the hands.

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2009, 04:10:02 PM »
All right...looks like we got it settled down a bit. Let's get this thread back on topic and if you want to continue a baiting debate you can start a new thread.

Offline Kain

• Scalpless
  • Old Salt
  • VantuckyKain
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2009, 04:11:47 PM »
strip-o-gram!!!   :chuckle: :chuckle:  That's funny.

Offline LongTatLaw

• Suckling Slayer!
  • Sourdough
  • My 2009 West WA - Shotgun kitty Kat
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2009, 04:16:02 PM »
BTKR,

You can lock it I guess??? :dunno:

No new info coming on here! If I see it again Ill be tagging it!

Offline tlbradford

• Frontiersman
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2009, 04:17:58 PM »
I always tease my law enforcement and firefighting buddies about using their uni's for after hour side jobs.
Dreams are forever on the mind, realization in the hands.

Offline pat2bear

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2009, 04:27:47 PM »
So if I tied Timothy Treadwell to a tree in the woods and shot a bear..... just kidding.  :chuckle: I'm fairly new to the site and love reading all the stories like LongTats and looking at the trail cam pics. But really get turned off on the whole "gotcha" mentality I see sometimes. Its like watching politicians on capitol hill. But overall I really like the forum. Don't give up LongTat. Sounds like your working hard and I hope it pays off for you.

Offline Austrian Hunter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2009, 05:28:03 PM »

Miles, you keep your lil investigator hat on and try real hard and you let me know when you discover me doing something shady!!! GOOD LUCK!

Will do. :rolleyes:  All I'm saying is with his previous post, it shows intent.  Care to argue that??  Regardless of where you guys are hunting, I'd exercise a little caution. ;)

Miles,
You need to stop putting damn viruses on this website!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2009, 08:30:40 PM »
So if I tied Timothy Treadwell to a tree in the woods and shot a bear..... just kidding.  :chuckle: I'm fairly new to the site and love reading all the stories like LongTats and looking at the trail cam pics. But really get turned off on the whole "gotcha" mentality I see sometimes. Its like watching politicians on capitol hill. But overall I really like the forum. Don't give up LongTat. Sounds like your working hard and I hope it pays off for you.

pat2bear. Many of us on this site have already met, gone on fishing trips, gone on rescue missions for other members stuck in the snowy woods, had Barbque together, raised money for good causes together, sent care packages overseas for fellow members. We all try to follow all the rules. This is what we do.

You have chosen a great forum to enjoy. I love it here. I love the good fellowship it provides. A few little battles like this are to be expected. Hopefully we all learn to slow down a little, and have a bit more faith in fellow members. I know longtat and Catwboost will succeed.
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline bearmanric

• RIP Colockumelk
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
  • Tenino Wa
    • Rick Robbins  rrcalls
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2009, 08:34:18 PM »
they will do fine. LongTatLaw is a great hunter hard hunter. cat will learn alot from him. good luck guy's. Rick
RIP Colockumelk
Facebook rrcalls no website.

Offline KillBilly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
  • I kill therefore I Am
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2009, 10:53:46 AM »
Here's a good one for ya... Brian PM'd me and stated that our friendship was ended because I did not jump in here and take his side.
WOW, that makes me wonder if we ever true friends in his mind.
I did take the time to explain that this was a topic on LTL (not about Brian) but his own words and actions in several places on this site are what caused the suspicions in other peoples minds. Those same words and actions may have caused doubts in my mind also. I chose to keep my opinions to myself to save him any further grief. It really paid off, now we are not friends and I am really suspicious of his motives.

Good rule that I forgot to follow...keep your friends close and your enemies closer....
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 01:13:12 PM by KillBilly »
Some people spend their entire life wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem.
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother.

Offline stumprat

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2009, 10:58:51 AM »
Here's a good one for ya... Brian PM'd me and stated that our friendship was ended because I did not jump in here and take his side.
WOW, that makes me wonder if we ever true friends in his mind.
I did take the time to explain that this was a tpoic on LTL (not about Brian) but his own words and actions in several places on this site are what caused the suspicions in other peoples minds. Those same words and actions may have caused doubts in my mind also. I chose to keep my opinions to myself to save him any further grief. It really paid off, now we are not friends and I am really suspicious of his motives.

Good rule that I forgot to follow...keep your friemds close and your enemies closer....

Wow!
Too bad some guys wear thier heart on thier sleeve. When this topic initially got off track. It wasn't an attack. More of a discussion about the clarification of the law.

I also find it pretty strange that a friendship would hinge on a website forum.

Offline littlebuf

• official YAR pack mule
  • Frontiersman
  • TeamYARwetspot-leavin other teams in da wetspot
« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2009, 11:28:01 AM »
its funny this thread went the baiting route when theirs another one on here that i was sure would have a baiting comment on it and never did.....yet i guess
No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2009, 03:01:58 PM »
its funny this thread went the baiting route when theirs another one on here that i was sure would have a baiting comment on it and never did.....yet i guess

Ya know, I think I know which one you are talking about and I had the same exact thoughts. I really thought the other one would ignite first.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]