collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: VOICE YOUR SUPPORT OF THE 'RIGHT TO HUNT' IN WASHINGTON  (Read 5697 times)

Offline Dman

• Dmanmastertracker
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
VOICE YOUR SUPPORT OF THE 'RIGHT TO HUNT' IN WASHINGTON
« on: December 21, 2007, 08:12:47 AM »
 I'm starting a list of names and organizations in support of drafting and going forward with a new proposal to protect the right to hunt/ fish in Washington. Any support and/ or suggestions on wording are welcome.

Offline littletoes

• Longhunter
  • old fart
Re: VOICE YOUR SUPPORT OF THE 'RIGHT TO HUNT' IN WASHINGTON
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 08:53:36 AM »
I'd be happy with just seperating the voting power between the West Side and the East Side as is done in New York.

Yes, I know there are quite a few hunters over there, perhaps more than are over here, but still, the liberals out number us all, and they carry the voting power with them.

The fish & game department believes that the game animals belong to the entire population in this state, perhaps they do, and if so, we shall never have power over the animals. If it was passed that only people with hunting licenses could vote on what happens to our game animals, license sells could go through the roof.

"The People of the United States are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dman

• Dmanmastertracker
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 09:11:00 AM »
 Well, as likely as that is to happen, actually I've been told by a person of influence in this process that it's all about the wording. If drafted well, a bill along these lines could pass a State vote. As far as seperating the State, there was another thread on that here, that really isn't part of this discussion.

Offline Dman

• Dmanmastertracker
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 12:00:31 PM »
 I will post a rough draft over the Holidays for comment.

Offline Buckshot Bill

• Scout
  • Just a YARnaby
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 12:44:43 PM »
I'd be happy to sign a petition on this issue if worded right.

I'd be happy with just seperating the voting power between the West Side and the East Side as is done in New York.
Yes, I know there are quite a few hunters over there, perhaps more than are over here, but still, the liberals out number us all, and they carry the voting power with them.
I agree with keeping this on a different thread.  No need to have a eastside vs. westside battle here.  Dman, do you know what thread this was on cause I haven't found it yet?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 12:54:06 PM by Buckshot Bill »

Offline Dman

• Dmanmastertracker
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 01:29:11 PM »
 Bill, I looked and can't remember what the thread was, but I recall that it had to do with the WDFW's management of State game and special permits. I think it might be in the "Polls" somewhere.

Offline Bofire

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Harley YAR YAR YAR!
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 08:07:16 AM »
I think this may be a amendment to the state constitution, I dont think it can be split up, and I think it will take a 2/3's majority. Anyone know for sure?

I will try to find information from other states that have this. Maybe there are some people that were involved that can offer some advice.
 I offer my full support and all the physical help I am able to.
Carl
When the chips are down..... the buffalo is empty!!

I do not shop at Amazon

Offline Dman

• Dmanmastertracker
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 07:13:55 PM »
 Here's rough draft, let the comment's fly, thanks.

New RCW Section (____)

Sec 1. For the purpose of preserving the right to hunt and fish on State owned lands for all resident’s of the State of Washington and for the economic, recreational benefit and ESA/ threatened species conservation, RCW (_____) shall entitle the Washington State Legislature, consistent with Federal Executive Order (_____), to act in all ways consistent with preserving the right to hunt and fish, including but not limited to; reasonable State Budget allocation from recreational license fund’s for land’s preservation, purchase and management of said land’s, procurement and management of Public Fishing areas, stream enhancement for fisheries and habitat restoration project’s.

Sec. 2. Consistent with current State administrative structure, the management Agency for these activity(s) shall be the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife, who may act in conjunction with other State Agencies to execute these duties, with additional emphasis on the acquisition of US National Forest land’s proposed for public sale by the USFS within the State of Washington.

Sec. 3. In keeping with Federal Executive order (_____) and this RCW chapter (_____), any State management decision requiring approval of State Tribal co-manager’s, shall be voted on additionally by direct vote of the general voting body of the State of Washington.

Offline Dman

• Dmanmastertracker
  • Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 12:08:58 PM »
 Ray, you offered your input on this one. Could use Shawn's also.

Offline Snowman

• Longhunter
  • If only it was easy, than it wouldn't be a journey
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 01:38:04 PM »
 Look at what Wyoming did, to change their Constitution on hunting and fishing. Hunting and fishing should be a right. For some it's a culture not a hobby. There's a couple of different states that have protected their culture. One problem now a days is that hunting has gone to being getting the biggest trophy they can find. Instead as it should be hunting for food not size. Although trophies are in the eye of the beholder. For me it's my life, it's what makes me me. All hunters and fishermen and women need to unite into one voice to be recognized! And good luck on that, been trying for years in northwest end of washington to get a group together. Most want to complain and not do their part. It is only my kids and your kids that end up paying the price for our lack of ambition as a culture to do something about! I'm 200% on board with help in anyway I can.
Hunting and Fishing is not what I do. But who I am...

Offline WDFW-SUX

• Old Salt
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 01:41:57 PM »
Pipe dream.............
THE WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND WILDLIFE SUCKS MORE THAN EVER..........

Offline MountainWalk

• "Pa Nevermissashot"
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • High lead logger/ cutter
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 02:00:57 PM »
does Wa have hunter harrassment laws. in some states it is a felony to harrass hunters
The way that you wander, is the way that you choose
The day that you tarry, is the day that you lose

Offline olemossyhorn

• Pilgrim
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 03:36:08 PM »
snowman has it right.
Pipe dream.............
People that stand there and say that must not be into changing the way it is. It is a hard thing to do. But stand as one and no one will hear you, stand as many and unite as one voice you will be heard.

Offline Dman

• Dmanmastertracker
  • Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 08:26:05 PM »
snowman has it right.
Pipe dream.............
People that stand there and say that must not be into changing the way it is. It is a hard thing to do. But stand as one and no one will hear you, stand as many and unite as one voice you will be heard.

Couldn't have said it better myself, very good. That's the equivalent of not voting for President, then complaining afterwards about who won. I've seen a lot of people uneducated about hunting respond very well to a person who is willing to take the time to have a constructive conversation about it. It can be done, people's attitude's can be changed. The alternative is complacency and no interest group in the history of the planet has survived any length of time being complacent, you have to educate people and promote your interest. I would re-iterate with this topic, if other States felt it was worthy to pass this type of legislation, then it can only be a positive thing for hunting. I'd hate to see Washington hunters have to throw in the towel eventually because they didn't exercise their voice on the way hunting license fee's were being spent on other thing's without their consent.

Offline chukar-ridge-quest

• Scout
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 06:52:01 PM »
Seems like there might be an easy solution, KILL TREE HUGGERS. No been to jail don't ever want to go back. Seriously, this website has a lot of good people. Lets start a petition, Popes a lawyer (I think), write it up and print it out. Doesn't matter the topic, we as hunters /fishermen-fisherwomen can get signatures from our respective communities. There are so many out there that frequent this site ,or not but still have views as sports people or join and don't speak up, that we as sportsmen and women can make a dent, even if its small.

Case in point, why do vote for anything in WA. I live on the Eastside, but the majority of the votes come from the Westside. Because I can. If we could organize everyone that buys a license  in this state and get them on the same page, we could do things. Yeah Passion it is a pipe dream, but if we don't try, then F--k us.

Just my :twocents:
but if everyone puts  :twocents: in, we have a lot more than we do now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRQ
GOD GAVE US TWO EARS AND ONE MOUTH, SO WE CAN LISTEN TWICE AS MUCH AS WE TALK!!!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]