collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: "...but he didn't get the meat" WOW!  (Read 10267 times)

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
  • Look at me I'm blowing a duck call!
Re: "...but he didn't get the meat" WOW!
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 06:39:57 PM »
Nope!
CoryTDF

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke (1729-1797), British statesman and philosopher

Offline JoeVon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 06:44:26 PM »
Thats what I thought....just a bunch of opinions.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 06:55:25 PM »
Not opinion....as stated, AK state law.  You'll note every state is different.  Difference between AK and here is that they take their wildlife serious, and they'll nail you for twitchin incorrectly up there.  Very tight run ship.

It eleviates folks from bringing out the bones then jsut not going back for the meat.

Offline JoeVon

• Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2009, 07:00:21 PM »
It is all opinion for Washington State, Bone....

I for one packed the bone out first, then walked back in with a mule to pick up the rest.  If weather/spoilage isn't an issue I see nothing wrong with it either... :twocents: 

Offline NWBREW

• Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2009, 07:05:21 PM »
Thats what I thought....just a bunch of opinions.

Depends on where you hunt. Some places it's not an opinion, it's the law. Alot of us on this site hunt more places then just WA. It might not be law in WA. but it is for me. Meat before bone.  Meat spoils faster than bone and I would rather have a couple hundred pounds of meat over a rack ;)
Just one more day

Offline The Weazle

• Weird...
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2009, 07:06:36 PM »
Meet first, then head...

Remember that when your trying to pick up chicks... :yike:
Sexually deprived for your Freedom!
Beer, It's not just for breakfast anymore!

I have a B.S. in B.S.

Offline JoeVon

• Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2009, 07:08:13 PM »
Meet first, then head...

Remember that when your trying to pick up chicks... :yike:

LMAO!

Offline WCTaxidermy

• Sourdough
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2009, 07:09:52 PM »
OK guy's I have to chime in here.  I'm not trying to start a hornets nest here, but I have been reading stories of members hearing about unlawful hunting/fishing activity from this site.  My intent is not to put anyone down, but I must say that almost every post that reports the illegal activity ends with "i just had to vent, or something similar to that", but nothing seems to get reported! :bash:

The people that are out there doing horrific acts such as this one, will only continue to cause land to be closed off, new laws being enacted(that we all bitch and complain about), roads closures, reduced bag limits, and the list goes on and on.  

Folks WE MUST POLICE OURSELVES otherwise we are not going to have anything to pass on to our kid's, or in my case my Grand Kids, because these people are not getting reported like they should be!  The animals we hunt and fish deserve that respect, period!  They sure as heck can't do it!

In closing I want to reiterate that I am not trying to start a shet storm here, just trying to let everyone know that we need to join together and weed out the bad so we have a strong heritage for future generations.  Happy hunting and fishing everyone and be safe out there!  John

Offline NWBREW

• Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2009, 07:13:30 PM »
Agreed  :yeah:

The weazel......That was funny :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
Just one more day

Offline JoeVon

• Longhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2009, 07:15:06 PM »
OK guy's I have to chime in here.  I'm not trying to start a hornets nest here, but I have been reading stories of members hearing about unlawful hunting/fishing activity from this site.  My intent is not to put anyone down, but I must say that almost every post that reports the illegal activity ends with "i just had to vent, or something similar to that", but nothing seems to get reported! :bash:

The people that are out there doing horrific acts such as this one, will only continue to cause land to be closed off, new laws being enacted(that we all bitch and complain about), roads closures, reduced bag limits, and the list goes on and on.  

Folks WE MUST POLICE OURSELVES otherwise we are not going to have anything to pass on to our kid's, or in my case my Grand Kids, because these people are not getting reported like they should be!  The animals we hunt and fish deserve that respect, period!  They sure as heck can't do it!

In closing I want to reiterate that I am not trying to start a shet storm here, just trying to let everyone know that we need to join together and weed out the bad so we have a strong heritage for future generations.  Happy hunting and fishing everyone and be safe out there!  John

I agree, it they have no intention of taking any meat, then by all means turn em' in.  I can see why laws like this (meat before antlers) are put in place, especially because it'd be hard to "catch" someone not returning for meat although they said they would.  In my case this year, it just so happened that it worked out better for me to do it the opposite way. 

Offline Mr Mykiss

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2009, 09:35:51 PM »

Ok come over and we'll both walk accross the street to my neighbors house and demand the contact information for his cousin, then drive to his house and demand a full explination of why he was unable to pack the meat of his animal out. I have reported several acts... most recently the showerbags that shot at deer at 830pm and then spotlighted me two nights in a row as I was walking back to my truck through a wheat field.
It is hard to follow one great vision in a world of darkness and of many changing shadows. Among these shadows men get lost.
-Black Elk

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2009, 10:47:01 PM »
I was just talking to an "acquaintance" who said:
"My cousin just got a big bull with his bow, he had this huge rack in the back of his truck, he didn't get the meat.."
"He didn't get the meat?", I asked.
Reply,"He was helping somebody else pack meat out"

Ok so it's a shaky, third or fourth hand story but have respect for the animal for Christ sake!

Mr Mykiss, what was the point of sharing your story with us? You seem to belittle WCT's suggestion to report the possible big game violation. Do you want us all to just sigh along with you at the waste? The suggestion to report things like this is a good one in my opinion. No one is asking you to do anything more than that. All you have to do is make a call. Let wildlife deal with it.  :dunno:
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline alecvg

• Sourdough
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2009, 10:59:01 PM »
. Meat first, then head...

That is what I have always understood.

Me too, what a waste.   >:(
I would rather be a conservative nut job, than a liberal with no nuts, and no job!

Offline winston2789

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2009, 11:58:26 PM »
mr mykiss - why dont you call the fish and wildlife and let them know, then they can go to your neighbors house to do the investigation   :dunno:

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2009, 07:13:17 AM »
I've done it too Joevon, sometimes bones, a cape and a quarter back to camp to get more meat sacks.  I carry one meat sack with me in my hunting daypack.  One quarter with the horns strapped on and the cape is just about a load in my smaller pack.  Whatever I can to make it a load.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]