collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolf Hunting Petition  (Read 6156 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
Wolf Hunting Petition
« on: October 21, 2009, 01:55:21 PM »
Anti’s Working to Stop Rocky Mountain Wolf Hunts
http://www.ussportsmen.org/Page.aspx?pid=2181

Research Indicates Wolves Having Negative Impact on Elk Populations
10/21/09

A leading anti-hunting organization is preparing a nationwide petition urging the U.S. Secretary of the Interior to place the Northern Rocky Mountain wolf population back on the Endangered Species List.  This while research indicates increasing wolf numbers in the region may be playing a large role in the decline of elk population.

The Defenders of Wildlife, known for its relentless work to end all wolf management programs, is heavily pushing a new online petition that asks Secretary Salazar to reconsider placing the wolves back on the Endangered Species list, much like the Great Lakes wolf populations were again relisted in September. 

A coalition of animal rights groups, including Defenders, previously sued the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) in an effort to block planned hunts in Montana and Idaho.  Those hunts were part of the states’ management plans to be implemented after the wolves had been removed from protection under the Endangered Species Act (ESA). 

Judge Donald W. Molloy of the Federal District Court for Montana ruled against the coalition and allowed those hunts to continue, though the decision appeared to leave the door open to further challenges to the delisting.  Judge Molloy noted that FWS did not delist the population in Wyoming and commented that “the service has distinguished a natural population of wolves based on a political line, not the best available science.”  Should the wolves be placed back under ESA protection, all hunts in the region would cease.

Meanwhile, studies have linked the reintroduction of the wolves into the Rocky Mountain region to a decline of the elk population in the same area. 

According to research from Montana State University, the number of elk on Yellowstone's northern range was estimated at between 17,000 and 19,000 before the wolves were reintroduced in 1995.  As of 2008, those numbers have declined to under 7,000.  The study indicates that the presence of an increasing number of wolves was resulting in changes in behavior by elk including having fewer calves.

It is estimated that 1,350 wolves currently live within the northern Rockies.  Idaho’s wolf hunting season began on September 1 with a limit of 220 wolves that can be harvested. Montana’s season began September 15 and has a harvest limit of 75.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: Wolf Hunting Petition
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 04:50:16 PM »
That doesn't sound too good. I wonder how many pro-wolf people there are nationwide? I think it should be controlled by what is happening on the ground instead of a bunch of brain-washed airheads that can vote on something that doesn't affect them and that they really know nothing about.

Offline luvtohnt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 04:56:23 PM »
Just because 1,2,3,or 6 million people sign a petition, doesn't mean that they will actually relist them. They have to take science into consideration and if they look at the study done by Montana State then maybe they will leave it at that. Lets try to have some optimism here guys.

Brandon

Offline bowhuntin

• Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 05:08:07 PM »
I thought Defenders of Wildlife was still involved in a lawsuit pertaining to the delisting of the wolves not including Wyoming? Judge Molloy also stated in his decision that he thought that these anti-hunting groups would win in court if they challenged the delisting based on them not including Wyoming in the delisting.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 09:02:27 AM »

goat, Did Defenders of wildlife send you here to share your great knowledge on how the wolves will improve Washington? Tell us how many deer or elk 15 bp's will eat per month? They didn't send you on here to spread the word on how great the wolves are, they told you to try to discredit the people who have learned what is happening and what will happen. So, hows it goin? Do you feel like yer a big hit?

feature=related

Offline WAcoyotehunter

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 09:04:51 AM »
I thought Defenders of Wildlife was still involved in a lawsuit pertaining to the delisting of the wolves not including Wyoming? Judge Molloy also stated in his decision that he thought that these anti-hunting groups would win in court if they challenged the delisting based on them not including Wyoming in the delisting.
Wyoming needs to get their plan together or that is exactly what will happen.  They screwed up and ID and MT will end up paying for it in the end.  I hope they come up with something quick.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 10:22:17 AM »
Wyoming needs to get their plan together or that is exactly what will happen.  They screwed up and ID and MT will end up paying for it in the end.  I hope they come up with something quick.

Yeah right, Wyoming already had a wolf plan that USFWS appoved, what you mean is they need to get a plan that defenders of wildlife approves.

Offline Gobble

• Frontiersman
  • Wack'em and Stack'em
    • Dave Harder
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 10:34:52 AM »

goat, Did Defenders of wildlife send you here to share your great knowledge on how the wolves will improve Washington? Tell us how many deer or elk 15 bp's will eat per month? They didn't send you on here to spread the word on how great the wolves are, they told you to try to discredit the people who have learned what is happening and what will happen. So, hows it goin? Do you feel like yer a big hit?

feature=related

Exactly what I was thinking

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 07:26:35 PM »
I would say that goat is a wolf lover in goatskin.... :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Hey buddy get a life, mulehunter knows more about the wolves in Washington for the amount of resources at his disposal than anyone in this state, you my friend are an idiot..... :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

If the Defenders of Wildlife (AKA WDFW) had any real intention of wanting to know how many wolves are in this state they would get a few guys like mulehunter to find the wolves.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline mulehunter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 05:50:26 AM »

feature=related

:yeah:   Very True..  No one in this STATE OF WA People Never seen what I have KNOW!  I have seen two different GROUP of Wolves. Its TOO MANY DOGS and not good for them to be here. I am not stupid as well. If you people as PRO-WOLF think I am such IDIOT.  It doesnt bother me at all. Because I am smarter than Pro-WOLF people because U people doesnt have ANY PICTURE OF WOLF in WA!!  We got almost 600 plus pictures of TrailCamera Wolves. I found several Games kills by wolves, also know those people who owns livestocks that got killed by wolves. Our Hounds with a Permittee got killed by Wa Wolves because I was THERE! I will NEVER FORGET this part.

This POINT is that Pro-wolf doesnt know any sh$t about WOLF also a IDIOT!  :chuckle:

Mulehunter  8)

« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 07:29:37 AM by mulehunter »

Offline eastside boy

• Muley Psycho!!
  • Scout
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 05:53:11 PM »
Nice...trail cam pics!!  Are they on any of the site threads.....just wondering, I would like to see some of the color phases so I can think about what might be available to put the smack down on if we ever get tags in hand.
Be Vewy Vewy Quiet!!

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 03:06:03 PM »
Nice...trail cam pics!!  Are they on any of the site threads.....just wondering, I would like to see some of the color phases so I can think about what might be available to put the smack down on if we ever get tags in hand.

Maybe you should head to where the wolf huntin is going on now, because with defenders of wildlife running wdfw, there won't be any wolf hunting in Washington for many years. Not the way you are thinking anyway! ;)

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 03:55:17 PM »
Every hunter and so-called hunter on this site needs to pay attention and give thanks to wolfbait, mulehunter, and bearpaw for their constant updating and work on the wolf issues we have in our country and this state.   Much appreciation for the posts and info gathered guys!

Offline dontgetcrabs

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 04:17:01 PM »
Every hunter and so-called hunter on this site needs to pay attention and give thanks to wolfbait, mulehunter, and bearpaw for their constant updating and work on the wolf issues we have in our country and this state.   Much appreciation for the posts and info gathered guys!

Excellent job guys, keep up the good work.   I can not understand who would think having wolves anywhere is a good idea?  Oh wait, hmmm, maybe, just maybe, could it be ANTI HUNTING GROUPS who's whole agenda is to stop hunting? If they introduce an alpha predator to an area that will kill to survive, next thing you know there isn't enough game for hunters. Wake up all hunters, and shut up wolf lovers.   :twocents:

Offline sako223

• Longhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 05:09:47 PM »
I am for hunting wolves. I am not against having managed numbers around.
I don't understand the Wyoming hangup. Why weren't more efforts put into that earlier. Reaction always takes more effort.
I have found that animal numbers always sway to the pitch of the argument. Locally our elk herd number has changed Dramatically on paper. It has dropped by thousands in days. And reproduced by thousands overnight by the stroke of a few keys.
The WDWF claims low numbers for damage purpose.
The USFS claims high numbers for damage purposes.
The WDFW claims high numbers for season and license sales.
Hunters claim low numbers after season.

Having wolves and being a hunter Work just a little north of here.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]