collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: game department check point  (Read 25034 times)

Offline dontgetcrabs

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: game department check point
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2009, 03:16:00 PM »
I don't have a problem with them either. Might be more efficient to spread out a bit though.   :twocents:

Offline dontgetcrabs

• Sourdough
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2009, 03:18:04 PM »
Why did they ask for your CWP? Were the pistols concealed?

Both of us had our 44mags in shoulder holsters under jackets/orange vests.  As a courtesy, we both told the officers that we were armed.  I've talked to a lot of LEO's over the years. Every one of them has said they appreciate being told in advance. -Especially by law abiding civilians.

-Steve

Ya that I understand. I have a brother-in-law in law enforcement and several friends.

Offline jumpin

• Hunter
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2009, 03:42:57 PM »
Ok, I agree with most all of the comments, It was my 10 year old sons first tag this year. I have nothing against wardens or playing by the rules.
Maybe I was still a little pissed from the day before when on the east side of I-5 A sheriff blocked the road in front of us and told me to leave the area immediately because they were arresting hunters.
I was on my way to town on a public road to get a burger.
I guess the good thing is my son learned alot on that trip.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 03:50:37 PM by jumpin »

Offline PA BEN

• LINEMAN
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2009, 03:47:44 PM »
I lived in Chewelah my hole life. There's a game check every year at the wt. station N. of Deer Park on 395. Drove past it several times over the years going to Spokane. Never had to stop for 32 years. When I moved to the West side, I've stopped twice coming home w/deer. They were very professional. The BIO.s cut the glands out of the deer heads. There were more Bio.s then wardens and some volunteers. I think there good and should be more. :twocents:

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2009, 03:48:23 PM »
did you end up getting your burger :drool:
Maturity is when you have the power to destroy someone who did you wrong but instead you breathe, walk away, and let life take care of them.

Offline rasbo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Legend
  • In God I trust...Try taking that away from me!
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2009, 03:50:58 PM »
Ive had one bad run in with a Game warden,the rest are okay.I have no problem with the game checks.Least I see them out and about.

Offline DBake

• Hunter
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2009, 04:09:17 PM »
Ok, I agree with most all of the comments, It was my 10 year old sons first tag this year. I have nothing against wardens or playing by the rules.
Maybe I was still a little pissed from the day before when on the east side of I-5 A sheriff blocked the road in front of us and told me to leave the area immediately because they were arresting hunters.
I was on my way to town on a public road to get a burger.
I guess the good thing is my son learned alot on that trip.

I hope he learned by your example (that is what most kids do) to treat people the way you want to be treated, law enforcement or no law enforcement.

Offline corktex

• Hunter
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2009, 04:20:05 PM »
In my state all random road block traffic stops have been ruled unconstitutional,except under a few special circumstances! This is just like the random urine testing debates 30 years ago,the but,but,but crowd always wins,the constitution always looses! The British would go from house to house looking for illegal untariffed tea and confiscate guns and make arrest for these contraband items,thus the constitution was worded to forbid unwarranted detainment,search and seizure!BUT,but,but,,that's out of date and Texas is full of bleeding heart shot liberals,right?  

Offline 300UltraMagShooter

• Sourdough
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2009, 04:32:42 PM »
thot thar is a rationul statemunt.   
Not to hard to see how people lose their freedoms after a little time reading boards like these.
Sad really, just sad.  Must have something to hide he says.  As if that makes any sense at all. 
Also, it shows a total lack of understanding of our constitution.

went through a check point last year.  Right at the little rattlesnake and the Mcdaniels lake Y.  Very professional and very courteous.  Even had an unopened beer in the truck. Wardens seen the beer asked if it was the only container, which it was, checked the guns for being loaded and sent us on our way.  Very professional very courteous and very speedy.  Seems to me if your on here b i t c h i n than you must have something to hide.  To much damn poaching going on to not have the checkpoints.  Great job i say.  Keep it up.

Offline Gutpile

• Gaseous horribulous stinkusis
  • Frontiersman
    • https://www.facebook.com/mark.farrell.142?ref=tn_tnmn
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2009, 04:44:07 PM »
Hey did anyone get caught up in the check point in ryderwood?
Sunday eve. I was leaving the hills and came across at least 10 Gamies all lined up in a row, it was crazy! I have hunted in this area for over 15 years and have seen a warden once.
I felt totally violated, it was like there was another purpose. Needless to say they treated us with no respect.

Violated? Wow. When I went through it went like this "what were you hunting? Where were you hunting? Did you see any? Did you get any? Thanks very much for stopping have a great day"  It was AWEFULL!!!!

Y.A.R. Gold Member

Offline corktex

• Hunter
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2009, 04:49:11 PM »
"The existants of crime,does not probable cause make" sounds like Franklin,but I said that,just now!

Offline Crunchy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2009, 04:50:41 PM »
They wouldnt be doing the check point if it was illegal.  Those of u that think it is unconstitutional then I would recommend you drive around it and continue on ur way.  A couple of days in jail and a few court appearances and you can tell the judge that your rights were violated.  I'm sure if you feel like you were treated with no respect, then you must not have shown any either.

Offline andrew_12gauge

• Sourdough
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2009, 05:14:12 PM »
they always have a check station on the highway right outside of boise in the unit i hunt for deer and elk, it is usually only open on the weekends and then only in the daylight, i think they need to have it manned a little later in the evenings and on weekdays because even most criminals i think would be smart enough to wait til dark or leave on monday, its usually manned by a combination of volunteers and game wardens, and every time ive been through it takes about 10 seconds although ive never gone through with an animal yet, they usually ask what unit how many hunters and how many days, the main purpose of check stations in my opinion is not to try and bust people but to gather information, of all the guys ive seen there with animals they usually weigh the animal and i think pull a coupla teeth, i think they are there to help manage the game more than manage the hunters

Offline medic6

• Hunter
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2009, 05:14:30 PM »
Check points keep the honest people honest.  Several wardens on St. Helen's this year and even the forest service was checking for ATV'S and trespassers.  Nice to know they are out there keeping it safe for the rest of us.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2009, 05:15:02 PM »
i'm not sure why any law abiding sportsmen have an issue with wardens being present checking for game violators.

i will take a moment and flash back on my original statement. i think post #2 in this thread.
this must be my top 2 funniest threads ever on here.
99.9% of the time guys are complaining because there's never any game wardens, now there are game wardens and there's folks complaining.
good gravy man...
how many violations have you seen in your 15 years of hunting there? i bet none....yet there will be someone else on here bitching about guys riding quads poaching elk in non motorized areas with rifles in bow season drinking beer.
which one's it gonna be?

this is a comical thread already.

people need to make up their frickin minds...is it not enough game wardens or too many?
or does what gets complained about vary by which day of the week it is....
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal