collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Recommendations?  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Cut Em

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Recommendations?
« on: January 17, 2008, 07:10:03 PM »
I've been to this site numerous times but am a first time poster. I'm an avid bird hunter in need of a good labrador breeder here in Washington (I live in Olympia). I need some good recommendations as this is my first time buying a pup. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Offline Gamblin Guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
Re: Recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 07:43:50 AM »
Lots of good breeders out here and down in your area.  Spend some time at some of the upcoming dog events getting to know people and you will learn alot about the dogs.

Here's a good place to start.  http://www.rainierhrc.com/

I bought my pup from RockingM Lab's in Spanaway, great people great dogs.

http://www.rockingmlabs.com/

And welcome to the site.

Offline whitey

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • thank a soldier
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 08:34:32 AM »
I picked up my pointing lab from cooke canyon last fall and he is great. Another buddy got his pointing lab from Tiger mountain also a great dog. These dogs are natural pointing dogs great on upland birds and love ducks. Cooke canyon hunt club check them out

Offline Cut Em

• Tracker
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 09:20:25 AM »
Thanks for the help guys. These are way better references than some others I've already received.

Offline clay

• Pilgrim
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 07:46:13 AM »
If you're looking for a yellow, Blue Sky has hands-down the best genetics in the region. When I was looking (about 8 months ago), I had multiple professional dog trainers recommend this breeder. I ended up getting a yellow female, and she's quite a dog. Not cheap, but quite a dog.

Anyway, Blue Sky is up near Stanwood. The owner (Greg), has multiple Master Hunters for breeding stock. Like I said, 3rd party, professional dog trainers (with no incentive) recommended the breeder. Here's the web address http://www.blueskylabradors.com
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 03:33:58 PM by clay »

Offline HuntinCrazy

• Hunter
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 09:22:29 AM »
I agree with the Gamblin Guy about Rockin M Labs. Bryant and Cindy are personal friends of mine, and also neighbors in Eatonville. I have one of their dogs and I have hunted for 4 years now. I highly recommend them.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal