collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Free photo/image editing software  (Read 2592 times)

Offline Ray

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1475043431
    • Hunting-Washington
Free photo/image editing software
« on: January 24, 2008, 11:49:53 PM »
We've been online a while and I have not seen any topics on this subject so I will throw out a couple of options. I don't dive into much picture editing as much as I do edit and or craft logos.. but still these programs would be beneficial to photo editors.

If you are running windows xp or vista it might be a good idea to take a look at Paint .Net ... I have also used Gimp but it has a horrible user design but get's the job done just fine. Gimp should be available for Mac, Windows or Linux downloads.

Link to Paint .Net

Link to The Gimp

As for photoshop - It's my favorite but the cost is through the roof.

Offline Buckshot Bill

• Scout
  • Just a YARnaby
Re: Free photo/image editing software
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 08:12:58 AM »
Thanks for the info huntwa.  I'm sure many of the folks on here can use one of those.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 04:20:33 AM »
Going for hunt-WA zombie thread revival award.  Lots of people looking for free or low cost  photoshop replacements with Adobe going with subscription for Photoshop as well as looking for Linux replacements as Windows 7 extended support ends January 2020.

Here is a decent comparison of Gimp, Krita, and Photopea as well as mention of some other tools such as Inkscape and Pinta.

It says Linux alternatives but there are Windows versions, and Photopea is browser based.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 08:01:44 AM by Fl0und3rz »

Offline Smokepole

• Kevin Miller
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 07:19:18 AM »
I've used Photoshop for years, and recently switched to GIMP.  I found the transition to be pretty easy.  In some cases the navigation is more user friendly.  Still not as user friendly as a lot of the basic photo editing programs, but it's powerful.  It seems to do everything PS does, and sometimes better.  Great price, too!   :twocents:

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 08:03:40 AM »
I've never used Photoshop, and I am not what you would call a power user for GIMP.  But I have had nothing but good experiences with GIMP and Inkscape and have been using both for years.  People equate free with ad-bloated or crippled.  Nothing can be further from the truth with these.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal