collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Turkeys attracted to frogs croaking?  (Read 15572 times)

Offline Wacenturion

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Old Salt
Re: Turkeys attracted to frogs croaking?
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2010, 07:19:46 AM »
I went out to do a little pre-season scouting yesterday, gave my new croaker a tickle and check out what showed up!  Of course, I was only hunting with a camera but I sure did have some positive results!

You don't want to get us started again, do ya........... :chuckle:
"About the time you realize that your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."

Offline yelp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2010, 07:22:27 AM »
I went out to do a little pre-season scouting yesterday, gave my new croaker a tickle and check out what showed up!  Of course, I was only hunting with a camera but I sure did have some positive results!

DUDE if that is what the Croaker is bringing in ..I am all over it..You see the breast meat on that bird... :o..Croak Croak Croak..Gobble Gobble
Wild Turkey, Walleyes, Whitetails and Wapiti..These are a few of my favorite things!!

Born to Yelp!
Short Hike Guide Service - Owner

Offline Wacenturion

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2010, 09:46:35 AM »
I went out to do a little pre-season scouting yesterday, gave my new croaker a tickle and check out what showed up!  Of course, I was only hunting with a camera but I sure did have some positive results!

DUDE if that is what the Croaker is bringing in ..I am all over it..You see the breast meat on that bird... :o..Croak Croak Croak..Gobble Gobble

Ah, Grasshopper, as you say..."I'm all over it"..........do not rush to partake in frivolous things such as these.  Listen to you inner Farma (that's frog for Karma)

"About the time you realize that your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."

Offline Wacenturion

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2010, 10:20:04 AM »
Just got a verbal commitment from TurkeyDancer for the upcoming Tadpoler event at Frogelas.  He was kind enough to send some video footage of a recent individual seminar he gave to a potential young tadpoler.  Afterward the kid did sign up and forked over his allowance to the NFTF.........

Baby does the Turkey Dance

Offline Wacenturion

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2010, 10:25:35 AM »
Oh and  Yelp................be forewarned............I will not come to turkey camp this year if you're going to insist on playing that loony preseason, evening before opening day, ritualistic tune you subjected all of us too last year......got it?  I think that's why there were no birds within 5 miles of camp....

Turkey In Yo Belly Time!

Offline turkeydancer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2010, 10:39:31 AM »
I'm glad I already got my F1N1 shot (for Frog Flu  :drool:) at the Vets (oops, I mean doctors) !  

I think for the frog calling contest we should have some celebs ... maybe Kermie & Mrs Piggy would come !!  Whatcha think ....    

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2010, 10:47:46 AM »
Anybody selling calls yet?    :chuckle: :yike:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal