collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Who Needs A Bugle?? ElkNut !!  (Read 8829 times)

Offline Buckshot Bill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Just a YARnaby
Re: Who Needs A Bugle?? ElkNut !!
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2008, 08:55:28 AM »
I guess I'll throw myself into the mix.  Here's my story.  Since my father past away about 6 years ago and was my hunting partner I had gotten away from the hunting for about 5 of those years.  He was a ruff and tough kind of hunter that never used calls and taught us boys that persistence was key.  Last year my brother and 2 sons decided it was time for us to break out of our shells and honor our dad/grandfather and get back to doing what we loved most.  Being in the outdoors.  So I started accumulating hunting equipment and gear again.  My brother and me decided that we would not only hunt the way our dad taught us but to also add in some extra tactics to the hunt.  We thought we would try to use calls but have had very limited success.  I am doing most of the calling and my brother is taking pictures as he likes to do more than hunt.  We are just starting with using calls.  I got a doe bleat call from my son this Christmas to start working on.  I myself had only bought a turkey diaphragm to practice with when we decided to start using calls.  I have a teenage daughter that is a "A" student and driving so a lot of my expenses go out to her so she doesn't have to work and can focus on her education and hopefully get a college scholarship next year.  I have found it tough to afford my hunting toys but am saving my loose change to help with the expense.  I would love to have an elk call to add to my gear collection and to practice with as we are going to try and get an elk this year.  By the way, none of us have ever shot one.  Just my dad.
Like everyone else has said, thanks Elknut1 for offering someone a chance at using a tool to enhance their outdoor hunting experience.  Very generous of you.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal