collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Elk will be gone in Idaho by 2012  (Read 104083 times)

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
Re: Elk will be gone in Idaho by 2012
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2015, 03:20:53 PM »
You would be incorrect, I'm not mad.

I think it's hypocritical for someone to joke about wolve impacts, exaggerated or not, in one breath but be vehemently against living amongst them in the next.

The wolves are here in the numbers that they are, and still unmanaged, because of a wolf plan that was pushed for and adopted according to the wishes of the population base west of the crest.  Those of you that wanted them should have them.  If you can't follow that logic, I'm not sure what else is easier to understand?
Nine of the 18 working wolf group members that developed the plan were from Eastern Washington.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2015, 03:29:37 PM »

I think it's hypocritical for someone to joke about wolve impacts, exaggerated or not, in one breath but be vehemently against living amongst them in the next.

The wolves are here in the numbers that they are, and still unmanaged, because of a wolf plan that was pushed for and adopted according to the wishes of the population base west of the crest.  Those of you that wanted them should have them.  If you can't follow that logic, I'm not sure what else is easier to understand?

I don't know of anyone on this site (now that Humanure is gone) that likes the wolf plan.  I hope you're not complaining about anyone on this site wanting wolves in this state.

A lot of the support for wolves in this state came from people out of state.  I'm sure others that supported the plan live in cities like Spokane, Richland and Yakima......probably not much support from anyone that wants to hunt big game in this state.

And besides all that, those that wanted them are most likely living in Cities.  Those people are not going to encounter wolves anywhere near where they live.  BTW - Tri Cities and Yakima are in the same wolf management zone as Olympia.  Some wolves in the Yakima or Tri Cities vicinity are going to count toward reaching the management goals as if they were in the Olympia area. :twocents:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 11:12:14 PM by Curly »
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2015, 04:46:34 PM »
You joke and yet you still don't want them on your side of the state.

Classy.
To whom are you directing this statement towards?
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2015, 06:59:39 PM »

I'm from the west side and don't want them. I was also against the wolf plan. I also know I'm not alone over here. So maybe you shouldn't make such broad statements. They make you sound ill informed.
Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2015, 07:04:54 PM »
I just came across this 5 year old thread, and find it a bit humorous.

The prediction is that there will be no elk left in Idaho by 2012.

It's now 2015... are there any elk in Idaho?    :chuckle:

Too funny..but remember to consider the source.

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2015, 07:19:26 PM »
What's even funnier is that if one of you needed help on a methow tag or in the area in general and you asked for the help of the source. ;)

Offline ipkus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2015, 08:36:09 PM »
Nine of the 18 working wolf group members that developed the plan were from Eastern Washington.

And 90% give or take of the in favor of testimony came from westside public meetings.

Offline ipkus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2015, 08:45:17 PM »
To whom are you directing this statement towards?

Anyone that lives on the westside and feels that waiting on the wolf plan's version of repopulation migration is the right way to go vs. transplanting to speed up the timeline.  There was a thread that covered it not that long ago. Those that are willing to accept the sham that the wolf plan is to this point, but have no will to work toward speeding up the timeline toward active management because it would affect their backyard.

Pretty simple criteria, you can do a self test and fess up if you qualify.

Offline ipkus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2015, 08:52:57 PM »
I'm from the west side and don't want them. I was also against the wolf plan. I also know I'm not alone over here. So maybe you shouldn't make such broad statements. They make you sound ill informed.

Well, I'm from the eastside and along with the majority of residents over here I didn't approve of the wolf plan.  I still got them.  Why shouldn't the geographical area of the state that wanted them get them too?

Do the self test I listed above.  If you don't qualify, I wasn't talking to you.

Ill informed?  Please.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2015, 08:53:19 PM »
Actually I feel it's hypocritical for people to NOT agree with the original introduction of wolves into the Rocky Mountain states, but then be in favor of moving them around within Washington state.

I agree with neither. I don't like the idea of wasting money on moving wolves anywhere, when they're fully capable of relocating themselves with their own four feet.

If they get to the west side of the state on their own, so be it. But, the wolf plan does not even require that, as many of you seem to think. We only need wolves south of I-90 according to the plan.

I actually brought this thread back up to the top because I really wanted an answer to my question: "Are there any elk left in Idaho." Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen anyone answer that question yet.   :dunno:

Offline kentrek

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2015, 09:12:23 PM »
there are lots of elk, hung out with the idaho fishgame booth today, they were telling me how they can't kill Enough elk !

I'm buying two bull tags next year over there I think

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2015, 09:14:22 PM »
I actually brought this thread back up to the top because I really wanted an answer to my question: "Are there any elk left in Idaho." Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen anyone answer that question yet.   :dunno:

No.  The last one was eaten by a wolf a couple years ago.  It was tragic.  We all cried.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline ipkus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2015, 09:17:02 PM »
Actually I feel it's hypocritical for people to NOT agree with the original introduction of wolves into the Rocky Mountain states, but then be in favor of moving them around within Washington state.

So...after witnessing how the first 20 years of re-introduction has gone you think its hypocritical for someone to think we should try to do something different to speed up a state's ability to manage another blossoming out of control situation?  That's not hypocrisy, it's insanity.

You couldn't figure that out without asking the H-W board?  And your  :chuckle: didn't show that you already knew the answer?

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2015, 09:19:51 PM »
there are lots of elk, hung out with the idaho fishgame booth today, they were telling me how they can't kill Enough elk !

I'm buying two bull tags next year over there I think
:yike: He's kidding...by Idaho he means New Mexico.   

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2015, 09:20:01 PM »

According to the Idaho 2014-2024 Elk Plan, there are still over 107,000 elk still in Idaho.
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal