collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Elk will be gone in Idaho by 2012  (Read 104070 times)

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: Elk will be gone in Idaho by 2012
« Reply #270 on: March 05, 2015, 09:15:32 AM »
Aren't the less weary wolves already being shot? Just because it's not legal doesn't mean it's not happening.

Stupid people run after wolves in a pickup and shoot them, stupid people try to send wolf pelts to Canada.
Lets not leave out the really, really stupid people who put out poison.

I would have to agree with you there I-h, poison kills too many other critters and attracts unwanted attention, the wolf recipes of this day in age are more sophisticated at targeting wolves only. :tup:

Offline AspenBud

• Sourdough
« Reply #271 on: March 05, 2015, 10:43:41 AM »

U must have meant Western Washington  :bash:

I think those you are assuming SSS are just trying to keep family safe and way of life intact :twocents:

You bet. If the political poles were geographically different I'm betting you would see a different wolf plan. You'd also still have a problem with them.

Smarter people who see themselves as trying to keep family safe and life intact aren't reporting wolves they see to WDFW and they aren't making what they do visible to the world. They do what they think they should, dig a hole, and move on with life. It is no more unique than people who shoot hawks to protect chickens, shoot herons to protect $1,000 koi in a pond, whack sharks they catch on the head when fishing in the Sound, etc etc etc. Those things happen, the state knows it, and they make wildlife decisions with that in the calculus.

I don't have a problem with wolves. I have a problem with WDFW wolf plan and anti's who won't let real control happen on all predators!! Minimum numbers are being used to continue protection of a predator that obviously doesn't need it because there are "possibly up to 200 wolves in Washington" already. This apex predator needs to be managed now not in another 6-7 yrs  :twocents:

The problem is you have a whole generation of people who have grown up with no real predators. Many west side folks, and even folks in places like Spokane, have never seen a bear in the wild let alone a cougar. Coyotes are a big deal to them. They don't understand, but want a say.

The state should have set a goal based on numbers, not BP's per region.

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #272 on: March 05, 2015, 12:13:46 PM »

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #273 on: March 05, 2015, 12:47:18 PM »
Aren't the less weary wolves already being shot? Just because it's not legal doesn't mean it's not happening.

Stupid people run after wolves in a pickup and shoot them, stupid people try to send wolf pelts to Canada.
Lets not leave out the really, really stupid people who put out poison.

I would have to agree with you there I-h, poison kills too many other critters and attracts unwanted attention, the wolf recipes of this day in age are more sophisticated at targeting wolves only. :tup:

:yeah:This may be a first :chuckle: but I also agree with Idaho hunter. Way to many incidental kills. Guys are doing it in Idaho and it really sucks. We have enough tools to do it the right way and target wolves only. I have a freind who had two hunting dogs die and we think it was poison. Really stupid,stupid,stupid people! 

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #274 on: March 05, 2015, 01:33:13 PM »
Here's a simple question I've been hesitant to ask:  Is the parvo vaccine 100% effective for our beloved canines that are up on their shots?   :dunno:
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline AspenBud

• Sourdough
« Reply #275 on: March 05, 2015, 02:22:27 PM »
Here's a simple question I've been hesitant to ask:  Is the parvo vaccine 100% effective for our beloved canines that are up on their shots?   :dunno:

Assuming the dog gets the 2-3 shot course that goes with it along with any boosters down the road they should be good to go. That said nothing is 100%, there is always an edge case.

But honestly, wolves have a lot more to worry about than dogs. Dog parks, sporting dog events, anywhere pet dogs congregate in numbers there is a high risk of contracting it in unvaccinated canines. It's why people are advised not to take puppies to such places until they've had all their vaccines.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal