collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wenas Lake  (Read 3355 times)

Slenk

Wenas Lake
« on: February 14, 2008, 01:51:23 PM »
Read in the Yakima Herald-Republic today there will be no more fishing in wenas lake. Seems the Irrigation District wants paid for the public access .
DFW said they will not be stocking it. Thats a big loss for a lot of us.
I have fished there for more than 50 years.
Slenk

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: Wenas Lake
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 01:57:18 PM »
Darn Slenk, that sucks.  My daughter Lilly caught her first fish there.  It was as big as she was practically.  She had a snoopy fishing pole or something like that and we were trolling int he boat.  She couldn't reel it in so I decided to try to help her.  She wanted to do it herself.  I figured there was something wrong with the pole.  She finally got it up to the boat and I about craped my pants.  We landed it, and we kept it.  She wanted it for dinner.  It fed more than jsut her. :)  That was a good memory!

Offline 6.5swede

• Hunter
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 07:43:59 PM »
Didn't the same thing happen a few years ago too?  I think I recall something along those lines that access was closed and wdfw refused to stock it that year until access was restored.  That sucks, I liked to fish for the big browns in there in the springtime.

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 07:50:59 PM »
No *censored*. That sucks. Have hit it once a year for a long time. Not the most pretty lakeshore, with the trailers, and junk, but a great fish hole.
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 11:01:32 AM »
The fact that it was within 5 miles of my house was awesome.  Not alot of lakes in the Yakima/Wenas.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal