collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Weekend in Eastern Wa.  (Read 1070 times)

Offline baldopepper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Weekend in Eastern Wa.
« on: May 10, 2010, 07:06:59 AM »
Well, just spent a nice weekend at the Cabin in Stevens county and did get out looking around for turkeys.  Yes, there are still plenty there!!They are talking a bit early (4:45 am until flydown - about 5:15 am) and then I did hear a few gobbling after they hit the ground- saw several nice toms (surprisingly several still with groups of hens!!) and several groups of Jakes.  I did not see another hunter.  Summer foilage makes it a bit more difficult to see but it is certainly a pleasant time to be out.  I pledged I would'nt shoot anything other than a very big tom and I did'nt get that done!! Unfortunately I had work to do on my cabin and, with the wife along, had to be out of the woods during the mid morning hours.  I think if I had been able to spend the day at it, I could have called in a nice tom.  We heard them gobbling periodically during the day as I worked around my place (damn tough to keep pounding nails and planting things when they're doing that!!!  I've tried explaining to the wife that there's no season on cabin improvements, but it falls on deaf ears!!)  Might slip back over next weekend and devot a full day to the woods, that 2nd tag is burning a hole in my pocket!!

Offline turkeydancer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Weekend in Eastern Wa.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 10:32:22 AM »
I feel your pain ... wive's just don't understand our priorities ....  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal