collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hunting Dog Memorial  (Read 104368 times)

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
Re: Hunting Dog Memorial
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2018, 08:14:50 AM »
Man that's a heartbreaker. I remember when she was a pup and I met her for the first time at the boat launch in town. Glad I got to see her that one last time. Sorry bud.

Offline Old Dog

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Old Dog
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2018, 11:26:41 AM »
Gone way too soon.  So sorry for your loss.   :sry:
Hunt hard and shoot straight!

Offline Goldeneye

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
  • One shot One Kill
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2018, 08:18:42 PM »
Thanks guy's.  Yes she went to young.  Cancer is nasty.  H20, I'm also really glad you got to see her one more time.  I knew she didn't have a whole lot longer when I brought her by.   Give your pup's an extra pet tonight.  You never know what tomorrow brings...

Short update:  I brought Bella home tonight.  I guess you can call this a closure of sorts.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 06:30:19 PM by Goldeneye »

Offline AdNewby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2018, 10:37:22 PM »
Thanks for your stories. My truly friend Bud was a sheepdog. We spend 5 great years and than he was done. Hurtbreaking. Miss you

Offline Henrydog

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, RMEF, Phesants Forever
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2019, 06:22:11 AM »

Over the years I have read these posting knowing it would happen to me some day.  Henry (my screen name) was my dogs name.  He started as a birthday present for my son when he turned 8.  He ended up being my best friend. 

I have been around animals my whole life and always liked them, but Henry was different.  Henry hunted harder than anyone or any other dog I have ever seen.  It was not prefect like you see on TV or in the training books, but it was a drive like no other.

He gave me many weekend of hunting with my teenage son.  Many kids, friend of the my son, killed their first upland birds behind Henry.  Many times I would not even carry a gun, I simply loved watching him work, and the pride he showed bringing a bird back to a kid.  He would hunt for anyone, but always a little harder for me.

Opening of Pheasant this year he flushed 1 rooster, when he retrieved it there was a hell of limp on both rear legs.  He gave me the bird and headed to the truck...That was not him.  After several visits to the Vet the last 6 weeks he got worse and worse and we had to put him down this weekend.

I have no idea how many Pheasants, huns, and quail he provided us over the years, but more importantly thank you for what you did for our family. 

The best friend I have had.  I know he is chasing birds right now pain free.    Attached is my son's Senior picture with Henry.  Hug your dogs and thank them for every bird they flush.  Thanks for reading this.

Offline mburrows

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Go Cougs!
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2019, 07:36:25 AM »
Dogs sure are the best.

Rest easy Henry

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2019, 08:10:47 AM »
Henry sounds like an amazing dog. Sorry for your loss and enjoy the memories of all the good times
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline elkoholic

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2019, 03:21:41 PM »
RIP Ruger , Best dog our family has ever had. Picked him up from HW member Blacktailer in 2014. Stopped eating and drinking completely and noticed he was thinner than normal so he went to the vet 3 times and they could not figure out what was wrong with him. Did all kinds of test but came up with nothing. After 8 days we could tell he was in bad shape so we made the call and took him in and put him to sleep(hardest thing I have ever done).  The worst part of it all was my daughter asked Santa to help Him get better earlier that morning. Just bought our forever property and are currently building a home so He is buried up on the hill behind the house...
A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be, time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, the animals, and fish that live there”.- Fred bear

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2019, 03:31:37 PM »
Dangit....sorry buddy.

Offline Chesterdog

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
  • Groups: Eagle Scout
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2019, 04:28:57 PM »
This thread guts me every time because I know its a just matter of time for me.  Ruger sounds like an irreplaceable friend and sure looks like you gave him a good life.  Sorry for your loss.

Offline Buckhunter24

• Sourdough
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2019, 04:46:58 PM »
This thread guts me every time because I know its a just matter of time for me.  Ruger sounds like an irreplaceable friend and sure looks like you gave him a good life.  Sorry for your loss.

Same here, have an elderly dog myself. Sorry for your loss Ruger looks like he was a great dog

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2019, 04:49:56 PM »

Same here, have an elderly dog myself. Sorry for your loss Ruger looks like he was a great dog
Sorry for you loss.  I have a chocolate and a black lab that thankfully are still young.  Pets are our family.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline TVHunts

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+56)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA-RSO,RMEF,DU, Marysville Rifle Club
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2019, 05:04:26 PM »

Over the years I have read these posting knowing it would happen to me some day.  Henry (my screen name) was my dogs name.  He started as a birthday present for my son when he turned 8.  He ended up being my best friend. 

I have been around animals my whole life and always liked them, but Henry was different.  Henry hunted harder than anyone or any other dog I have ever seen.  It was not prefect like you see on TV or in the training books, but it was a drive like no other.

He gave me many weekend of hunting with my teenage son.  Many kids, friend of the my son, killed their first upland birds behind Henry.  Many times I would not even carry a gun, I simply loved watching him work, and the pride he showed bringing a bird back to a kid.  He would hunt for anyone, but always a little harder for me.

Opening of Pheasant this year he flushed 1 rooster, when he retrieved it there was a hell of limp on both rear legs.  He gave me the bird and headed to the truck...That was not him.  After several visits to the Vet the last 6 weeks he got worse and worse and we had to put him down this weekend.

I have no idea how many Pheasants, huns, and quail he provided us over the years, but more importantly thank you for what you did for our family. 

The best friend I have had.  I know he is chasing birds right now pain free.    Attached is my son's Senior picture with Henry.  Hug your dogs and thank them for every bird they flush.  Thanks for reading this.

Dang,  RIP Henry.
MAGA

Hey Slobbering JOE,

STOP the freaking INVASION

Offline BD1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2019, 10:37:14 AM »
This is a special thread but my heart sinks every time I see a new post, because I know that incredible pain (still miss you Abbey). To those owners of the last two memorials, prayers sent...looks like you gave them both amazing lives full of love. Life fades but the memories never do.

BD1

Offline 87Ford

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2020, 11:01:37 AM »
Coal Train
7/25/09 - 7/25/20
Goodbye my friend 

Fortunate to have this dog in my life and enjoy him for eleven years.  Broke my heart to see him go.  Was able to bring him home, wrap him in my hunting vest, and bury him in his favorite place in my yard.  :'(

Goodbye Big Dog

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal