collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Entiat Special Permit Numbers  (Read 15320 times)

Offline shag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Entiat Special Permit Numbers
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2007, 04:08:28 PM »
Cut back on rifle permits by 20.  Give muzzloader hunters 15.  Save 5 big bucks a year!  And that will be 20 less guys to compete with during the rifle hunt.

CD
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined,

but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to
maintain a status of independence from any who might
attempt to abuse them, which would include their

own government." -- George Washington

Offline Ridgerunner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2007, 09:08:53 PM »
I do think the MZ guys got hosed on this one.  The LE permits for MZ are a joke.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2007, 06:44:11 AM »
So why not make bow hunters carve their own arrows?  Chip their own arrowheads?  ETC.

I'm working on that. 

I'm definatley not here, especially on this post to start any arguements about equipment, as we all need to stick together if we want to do any hunting period.  I think the whole permit thing is screwed up with the Entiat, and for the most part I don't partake in it, so don't have a bias.  For that type of open country, that is way too many permits for the rut.

In general, I think technology is screwing with hunting.  With the new scent elimination clothing, laser sights, scopes with unreal clarity, with range finders, let offs, shotgun primers, inlines, spotting scopes that you can see the man on the moon, scents, calls, carbon arrows, I could go on and on.......Does anyone hunt anymore or is this a fashion show at a Star Trek convention.  Give me an old front stuffer, or my stick bow, or the 30-30, and my dime store optics, and I'm good to go, blue jeans and all.  I'll just stay downwind.  I do have an itch or soap box if you call it... for the new muzzeloaders that you see on TV and in all the magazines, and how they call them primitive, with 9 power leopolds on top of their sabot loaded composite stock, pyrodex pellet, shotgun primer, rifled barrels.  Hell, most of them have rubber for the shoulder too, just in case it kicks too much.  I don't buy that as primitive in any sort of fashion.  To me, those weapons whould fall under the category Modern rifle.
(By the way. I killed my buck this year with a longbow during the modern rifle season as I'd rather hunt with it, but am after a modern rifle late tag versus archery.  My next challenge IS knapping my own arrowheads.)   Again, I have no idea what Washingtons rules are now about what is a muzzeloader.  I think the scopes are still illegal, but thats all I know.  I do know that many states are starting to have the same opinion as me(Scary in itself), and traditional means traditional.

Offline shag

• Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2007, 08:48:13 AM »
Washington dosen't allow scopes on muzzloaders during muzzlerloader season.  You can only use an all lead projectile.  All nipple's must be exsposed to the elements.  Number 11 percussion caps and Musket caps are leagal, nothing else is.

The only difference between my inline and a sidelock is that the spark from my ignition dosen't have a curve in the road.  All my old side locks were just as accurate at 100 yds.  I will shoot at a critter at 125yds with my inline and I prolly could of with my side locks I just never tried.

I hope washington keeps it all lead projectile policy and would like to see pellets banned.

Idaho outlawed inlines this year.  They have their head up there ass.  Like I stated before all a guy has to do is get a Green Mtn. barrel with a 1 in 28' or 24" twist and it will out perform my TC inline.  You can still shoot 150 grains of powder in a side lock.

I really like my TC Fire hawk alot.  But will admit I'm in lust with a Lyman Deerstalker in the stainless Walnut version.

Boneaddict,  congrats on your deer with your longbow!!  I think i've seen pics of it before.  Is it a twisp muledeer?

I swear someday I'm gonna make a video of me calling in elk and turkey with a santa clause suit on.  It's all about wind and movement. Don't need no damn scentlok crap.. It's pretty funny a friend of mine thinks that scentlok is the greatest thing on earth.  Has the boots, hats everything.........  he wears it while chain smoking all the way to where he's huntin.  What a dumd ass.

CD

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2007, 09:02:18 AM »
Funny about the Santa Clause suit and the chain smoker.  You are a %100 correct.  Man in general is such a dope. Anyone who would pour year old elk piss on themselves just to get that much closer to an animal.  :chuckle: I'm waiting for them to market scent lock breath mints. :chuckle:

Sounds like Washington has it going on in regards to keeping it primitive.  I'm still in awe in hearing Slenk hunting with a flintlock.  I think that is SO COOL!

Yep, it was a Twisp buck.

Offline shag

• Longhunter
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2007, 09:20:54 AM »
Yep,  I think I saw a pic of your buck at monster muley :drool:
Did you make your own long bow?

CD

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2007, 09:48:48 AM »
I think it was on there, and is on here somewhere.  A gentleman out of Montana built it for me.  Its sure fun to shoot, though I do miss the compound once in awhile.  I'm hoping to have a chance at a bigger one this fall, but aren't we all.

Offline dreamingbig

• Frontiersman
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2007, 09:38:09 AM »
I had a tag last year for Entiat B and wasn't successful so I helped the herd along!  If I keep drawing the herd should be in good shape.   ;)
@mukbowhunt
Avid Bowhunter
Maxxis 35 / Trykon XL

Offline nw_bowhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2007, 11:58:17 AM »
Shooting at elk or deer with compounds bows at a range of 70yds is not responsible hunting. You may be able to hit the animal but killing the animal is another thing. Without good arrow penetration and shot placement you will be following a blood trail, especially on elk.

Offline spin05

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2007, 02:07:58 AM »
I  heard the whole reason the entiat went to permit only was because the head of region 2 hunts there with rifle.He was fed up with all the big bucks that us archery guys were supposeably getting.The funny thing is i hardly ever saw guys hunting were we hunt.When it went to permit only i got drawn and there were guys every were.They said they counted 500+ guys hunting that late season in there.I say B.S. Ive drove around in there from time to time at night and theres no way!!!!!!!

Offline Slider

• Frontiersman
    • www.albinovest.com
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2007, 03:01:14 PM »
It's not Rocket Science? Cut the amount of tags by 50%!!! Good Luck

Offline spin05

• Sourdough
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2007, 05:54:28 PM »
Id like to see the archery ones stay at 150 but give us the whole season instead of 300 guys split up......That in effect would be 50%.

Offline arrowflinger

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/ChasingWildCreatures
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2007, 03:06:33 PM »
Muzzleloaders now can use ballistic tips......................Just to keep things going.

Offline spin05

• Sourdough
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2007, 09:54:49 PM »
Also 1/3-1/2 ,depending on the year,are does killed in the entiat with archery.Id say there lucky if the get 1/2 the bucks being 3pt or better.I  left 4-5 bucks standing there on the hill 2 years in a row at dark on the last day of the season.That was before the permit hunts..............

Offline Wea300mag

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2007, 07:38:32 AM »
I like the idea of rotating between the Chelan/Okanogan areas for producing good numbers of trophy animals. I am going to start doing like a lot of you already do and put in for as many trophy hunts in as many states as I can to increase my odds. I'm not getting any younger and need fill my walls with mounts as soon as possible.
Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes on the skyline

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand