collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Joshua Cup III Big Game Contest  (Read 81089 times)

Offline robodad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
    • frog4life !!
Re: Joshua Cup III Big Game Contest
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2010, 05:35:32 PM »
:tup:   My heart pales compared to the namesake.  I just hope I can honor him. Glad you are in.   Headed for another one of those Wisconsin Whities?

I'm in Wisconsin now to visit the family but will not likely be able to make it back for the hunting though I sure with I could, I'm just happy to be a part of a great cause and worthy contest !! I wish all the contestants a safe and memorable hunt !   ;)
The essense of freedom is the proper limitation of government !!!

Offline youngarchery

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2010, 01:33:58 AM »
Hey Guys, its Sean Elza I just got signed up today been really busy. WOW you guys dont even know how much I appreciate everything you guys are doing for me! Iv never had this much support going into a tourny before and iv never felt so good and confident. Thank you alll for your support I will be posting updates on how the shoot is going to let everyone know!

Thanks

Sean Elza

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2010, 05:44:28 AM »
WELCOME :hello:  I'm glad you got signed up.

Checks came in from Wackmaster, Rbenn and PNWhunter.   Sux, did you send it by camel?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 06:25:33 AM by boneaddict »

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2010, 06:02:52 AM »
I just sent $300 to his paypal.   Thanks for the support guys.  Hopefully we can continue to add to his kitty.  We (as in me) are a little slow in getting this contest going to help him, but I am sure he will have some credit cards to pay off, and will be shooting even more when this competetion is done, so the funds will definetely come in handy. 

It sounds like he is boarding the plane to head to Hungary at 630 this morning.  I am glad he took the time to get signed up before he left.   Lets cheer him on. 

Offline Bigshooter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
  • High Wide And Heavy
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2010, 11:20:55 AM »
Im signed up.  I'll be hunting oregon and idaho.
Welcome to liberal America, where the truth is condemned and facts are ignored so as not to "offend" anyone

"Borders, language, culture."

Offline youngarcherysmomma

• Pilgrim
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2010, 11:29:27 PM »
Hello All!

This is Sean Elza's mom, Sharmell!

Our family would like to say "Thank You" to all of you who are helping Sean be able to compete in the World Field Archery Championships in Hungary! It was barely 4 weeks ago when Sean called and told me he had won the NAA Nationals and then he calmly told me he won the World Team Trials and made the USA Team to go to Hungary! After my screams of excitement, he then told me that there was no funding this year and the association stated he would need about $4000.00 dollars to make the trip. My heart fell in to my stomach. My head spun with thoughts of how we could make this happen with such little time. He then informed me that a fellow archer friend placed the $600.00 down payment on his credit card and we had to make it happen. Sean's friends held a carwash, other friends and family called the news stations and sent donations! With in a couple days he had enough to purchase the expedited passport and a little over a week later, enough for the $1400 airline ticket! We continued fundraising and a call I placed to Q13 was returned and they did a story on him! We raised $1000 from the newsbroadcast! Then there is the hotel, food, banquet, transportation, and the over $200 entry fee! Oh...then there's the above and beyond fees that no one mentioned, like the $43 power converter to be able to use his laptop for communication home! About 5 days ago, it seemed we had raised enough to get him there and back but then there was the panic that came from a returned $500 check!

I started making phone calls to see if there was anyone else willing to help. With only a week left, I didn't know if there would be enough!

When boneaddict contacted me and told me he would like to look in to Sean's situation a little further, I was overwhelmed with the feeling of hope. Many young archers have the professional backing and the means to travel from competition to competition, not Sean. He picks 1 or 2 tournaments in the states and works extra hours and other jobs to earn enough to get there. We use to be able to help him but like many others right now, we are in the worst financial situation we have ever experienced. We barely saved our house.

I am so thankful to all YOU wonderful people! It is because of good hearted people like you, that another talented young person gets the chance to do something wonderful in his life and possibly (yes, he will!) win a World Championship!

When he returns, he will be heading up to Darrington to compete in the NFAA Field nationals. Hope to see some of you there!

We are so excited to be a part of our new hunting family and look forward to communicating with all of you.

Sean and I will be posting results about the tournament daily!

Also... I love taking pictures of wildlife and our beautiful state. I told boneaddict I would like to donate a couple framed pics towards a prize. It's not much but they are nice to look at!

Packed and leaving at 4am!

Thanks again!

youngarcherysmomma and family  :)     

Offline Todd_ID

• Frontiersman
  • Hunt Hard!
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2010, 11:53:58 PM »
Welcome Sharmell!

We are pulling for you and for Sean.  You'll find that good people are everywhere on here.  We're a tight group with the outdoors as the common bond.  Sean will fit in well here!

Sean, don't forget the best shot you can make at any tournament is when you let down and start over.  Good luck man!!  Do us proud!

Bone, payment sent via paypal for Idaho.
Bring a GPS!  It's awkward to have to eat your buddies!

Offline PacificNWhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2010, 04:42:37 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Bigshooter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
  • High Wide And Heavy
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2010, 04:43:43 PM »
I'm glad we could all help your son.
Welcome to liberal America, where the truth is condemned and facts are ignored so as not to "offend" anyone

"Borders, language, culture."

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2010, 07:41:34 PM »
Sharmell, great first post.  Welcome to the site.  A really good, supportive bunch here, along with some ... characters.  Feel free to ask for the help Sean needs here - can't say you'll get it all, but I've been pretty amazed by some of the community I've seen demonstrated by some of the members.  Most of us are from common backgrounds, think it is safe to say most all of us are proud of your son, even though we just met him.
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline youngarchery

• Pilgrim
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2010, 04:55:42 AM »
well guys, I just got to my hotel in hungary the weather is awesome the hotel is beautiful, No shooting happening yet but I will be on as soon as we start shooting I will be posting and letting you guys know how its going!

Offline buckhorn2

• Frontiersman
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2010, 06:54:10 AM »
GO SEAN. Good Shooting.

Offline youngarchery

• Pilgrim
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2010, 02:19:00 AM »
So today was the first offical practice. took me a couple ends to get warmed up after taking a couple days off but once I got warmed up the bow was shooting awesome and pounding the middle cannot wait for the first day of the tourny. we have another practice day tomorrow also to make sure that everything is still good to go. kinda wish they had a practice course set up but i guess then never do. the Practice field is great. Once again I want to thank all of you for your support. Ill be keeping you all updated

Thanks

Sean Elza

Offline Ray

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1475043431
    • Hunting-Washington
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2010, 06:19:49 AM »
Best of luck Sean.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2010, 09:09:11 AM »
Good luck Sean.  I had all these visions of how hard it was to travel to a foriegn country with a weapon.  Wondered if your bow and arrows made it, wondered if you had to use their gear etc.  It was amazing how often small things reminded me of you out there, so you are in our thoughts and prayers.   Keep shoooting the middle out of everything. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]