collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Calling in Roosevelt elk  (Read 19960 times)

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
Re: Calling in Roosevelt elk
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 09:16:08 AM »
I've found that the more aggressive that you are with Roosies the more likely they are to shut up, round up their ladies and leave.  Soft, subtle and don't try to sound like the biggest bull in the country and use calling sparingly. There are a ton of guys out there who do nothing but watch Primos etc videos and call as if they are trying to call them in from another state.   Like said before, go to them and don't wait for them to come to you.  Don't be the guy who drives the roads gets out to pee, blows a bugle and drives to the next spot because nothing answered.  Find good sign and go after them and not rely only on seeing or hearing them to determine if they are there.

Offline Elkpiss

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Calling in Roosevelt elk
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2010, 11:12:23 AM »
If you get one hung up, start raking a tree, if its a vine maple and you are fairly close to the bull start shaking it  and raking it, they cant resist.. It depends on the bull, but i am very agressive Rosie caller, if the bull is hot you cant be agrrsive enough, once you got his attention sit back and enjoy the ride, but again if he gets with in 20 to 30 yrds in the thick stuff start shaking and raking a tree that usually is all you need to get him to committ the last little bit for a shot opportunity.. and more often then not, i never even touch my cow calls expept when i stop them for the shot, bugle like hell get him pissed and close the gap then seal the deal!!

Good luck!  ;)
Their going down!!!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal