collapse
Wind Mountain Ranch - Gorge Event Venue and Lodging

Author Topic: JOBS: Looking for work/Looking to hire  (Read 266771 times)

Offline Smossy

• Illiterate Woodsman
  • Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Slow down and enjoy the moment.
Re: JOBS: Looking for work/Looking to hire
« Reply #870 on: October 26, 2018, 06:17:44 PM »
Recently became unemployed, Looking for work in the lacey/olympia area but willing to travel if needed. Willing to learn.
One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.

Offline Jpmiller

• Political Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #871 on: October 30, 2018, 10:49:50 AM »
Well I'm back in the market for an entry level laborer. My brother and I run an underground utility company operating in Seattle.

We don't require any education or experience but if you have some that's great. Pay starts at 16 an hour for your probationary period and at the conclusion of that you get a raise wholly dependant on your performance and attitude. We offer 3% matching retirement and cover all of your medical insurance. We also give paid vacation after a year, paid holidays and city mandated sick pay.

We install sewer, drainage, and waterlines and well as trenching for gas and power as well as general excavation and grading. Initial responsibilities would include digging, building pipe systems, setting up work areas and clean up. The work is physically demanding at times, and almost completely outdoors. That means hot in the summer, cold in the winter and wet when it rains.

I am expecting my employees to show up and be ready to work at 7am Monday through Friday. We work until three pm. Reliable transportation is a must. I want a person who has enough pride in themselves that I don't have to constantly follow them around reminding them they are on the clock and need to be working. Someone who can pay attention and learn a skill, who isn't afraid to ask questions and speak up when they aren't sure what's going on around them. I'm not interested in a person who mentally caves Everytime the job gets difficult or thinks theyre being treated unfairly.

A motivated, reliable and responsible individual will be moved into a heavy equipment operator/crew lead role and be given a company truck to take home. There is alot of room for advancement for the right individual. In my mind this is the perfect job for someone who is looking for a long term career to get their foot in the door and work their way up. Everyone we have had above an entry level position has started with us with no experience and been promoted. I have had guys who start operating after a year and I have had guys who have been with us for many years and never progressed, it's all up to the individual.

Shoot me a pm with any questions

Jonathan Miller

Still willing to hire a few labor guys but looking for someone with some experience operating equipment or pipe laying. Going to have a truck sitting starting in December, a motivated guy could start driving it pretty quick

Offline Sandberm

• Political Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #872 on: October 30, 2018, 11:33:53 AM »
Recently became unemployed, Looking for work in the lacey/olympia area but willing to travel if needed. Willing to learn.

If I remember right you had a horribly long commute. 1.5 to 2hrs 1 way?

Wishing you the best of luck.

Offline Jpmiller

• Political Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #873 on: October 30, 2018, 12:08:53 PM »

If I remember right you had a horribly long commute. 1.5 to 2hrs 1 way?

Wishing you the best of luck.

If you're alright with it really long commute and want to do Construction in Seattle let me know.

Offline SGTDuffman

• Hunter
« Reply #874 on: October 30, 2018, 09:10:33 PM »
We need all the guys we can get to do O-1 electrical work. We have a hard time manning work. We’ll train you, and the school will give you the hand tools. The contractor will provide power tools. You’d start as an apprentice and have to do 8 hrs of school 1 day a week, every other quarter for 5 yrs. The other 4 days a week during school quarters, and 5 days a week during non school quarters you’d be working at least 40hrs/wk, likely more. You’d get an annuity, pension, 401k, and healthcare (including dental and vision). Proving very difficult to find people who are reliable, not afraid to work, and mechanically inclined. 95% of commercial and industrial electric is mechanical in nature. People anymore seem a generation removed from having any trade skills. Show up on time every day, work hard, use your hands, pay attention, and learn a skill. Veterans get preference.

Now the part everyone cares about.

1st period apprentice makes $21.24
2nd period (after 1,000hrs) $23.77
3rd period $26.30 (after 2,000 hrs, finish 1st yr school, and skill cert)
4th period $32.87 (after 3,500 hrs, finish 2nd yr school, and skill cert)
5th period $37.93 (after 5,000 hrs, finish 3rd yr school, and skill cert)
6th period $42.98 (after 7,500 hrs, finish 4th yr school, and skill cert)
Journeyman $50.57 (finish 5th yr of school, meet state requirements for O-1 electrical license, which are 8,000hrs OJT, you’ll have educational requirements, and pass the state exam [4hr National electrical code and state laws test]).

Call 425-228-1777 or visit.
http://www.psejatc.org/applicant.aspx

Offline bearhunter99

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #875 on: October 30, 2018, 09:17:16 PM »
I have a few openings in eastern WA. 

First is a mostly seasonal position during the summer months (April through September/October) in the Yakima/Snoqualmie Pass area.  Looking for qualified individuals with highway construction experience.  This is an inspector position so inspection experience preferred but not absolutely necessary based on experience.  Please PM me for more information.  Compensation based on experience but is typically better than prevailing.

Second is for personal work in the Wenatchee Valley.  I am looking for someone who can do some work on our property, mostly general labor but carpentry skills or plumbing skills would be a plus.  This can be during the week or a side job for someone on the weekends.

Thanks
RIP Colockumelk   :salute:

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill

Genesis 27:3
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison

Offline 762Armo

• Scout
« Reply #876 on: October 30, 2018, 09:39:00 PM »
We need all the guys we can get to do O-1 electrical work. We have a hard time manning work. We’ll train you, and the school will give you the hand tools. The contractor will provide power tools. You’d start as an apprentice and have to do 8 hrs of school 1 day a week, every other quarter for 5 yrs. The other 4 days a week during school quarters, and 5 days a week during non school quarters you’d be working at least 40hrs/wk, likely more. You’d get an annuity, pension, 401k, and healthcare (including dental and vision). Proving very difficult to find people who are reliable, not afraid to work, and mechanically inclined. 95% of commercial and industrial electric is mechanical in nature. People anymore seem a generation removed from having any trade skills. Show up on time every day, work hard, use your hands, pay attention, and learn a skill. Veterans get preference.

Now the part everyone cares about.

1st period apprentice makes $21.24
2nd period (after 1,000hrs) $23.77
3rd period $26.30 (after 2,000 hrs, finish 1st yr school, and skill cert)
4th period $32.87 (after 3,500 hrs, finish 2nd yr school, and skill cert)
5th period $37.93 (after 5,000 hrs, finish 3rd yr school, and skill cert)
6th period $42.98 (after 7,500 hrs, finish 4th yr school, and skill cert)
Journeyman $50.57 (finish 5th yr of school, meet state requirements for O-1 electrical license, which are 8,000hrs OJT, you’ll have educational requirements, and pass the state exam [4hr National electrical code and state laws test]).

Call 425-228-1777 or visit.
http://www.psejatc.org/applicant.aspx

pm'd

Offline tireguy

• Pilgrim
« Reply #877 on: October 30, 2018, 09:58:57 PM »
Les Schwab in Bellevue, WA store is Now Hiring for Sales & Service Positions.

Les Schwab has been doing the right thing since 1952. Our employees deliver World Class Customer Service. In return, we provide them with generous bonus and benefit programs and outstanding promotional opportunities. Les Schwab is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.

Sales & Service Position Summary:
The Sales & Service position is responsible for the sales, service and maintenance of tires and wheels, providing excellent customer service and completing work according to company policies, procedures, and the Code of Conduct.

Primary Responsibilities:
Installation and maintenance of tires and wheels; repairing, rotating, and inflating tires; attaching and rebalancing wheels; installing/rebuilding and/or relearning/calibrating TPMS; washing tires and wheels; testing and installing batteries; using and maintenance of equipment; assisting other employees; test driving vehicles; and operating service vehicles to perform offsite and emergency road services. Provides excellent customer service, promotes store sales; uses the Best Tire Value Promise to engage customers.

Experience:
Les Schwab offers opportunities for a variety of skills, with on-the job training.

Qualifications:
High School diploma or equivalent; valid driver's license; excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a rapid pace environment; frequent lifting of weight between 35-75 pounds; frequent bending, twisting, kneeling and continuous squatting, reaching, walking and standing.

Benefits:

Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, PTO time, Profit Sharing Bonus, Employer (fully funded) Retirement Trust (15% employer contribution!), Disability pay, Free uniforms, Paid Training, and more...

Contact Andy or Thomas at 425-455-0407

Text "tirejobs" to 78645

or click

https://lesschwab.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Stores/job/Bellevue-WA/Sales---Service---Tire-Installation--Maintenance---Sales----Bellevue-Bel-Red-Road--419_R-00419a

Job Types: Full-time, Part-time

Salary: $13.50 to $20.55 /hour

Drivers License (Required for 18+)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time

Salary: $13.50 to $20.55 /hour

Online vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #878 on: October 31, 2018, 10:28:03 AM »
Two jobs at a manufacturing plant in Malaga. One is a production helper and the other is a shipping clerk. My gf is the HR supervisor there so she asked for me to put out the good word.
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline derrickbouwman

• Pilgrim
« Reply #879 on: November 06, 2018, 01:01:20 PM »
Looking for a maintenance technician. Troubleshooting equipment, installing and building new equipment.  Working in a interior door manufacturing plant. Mechanical skills required, electrical and plc knowledge a plus. Shoot me a text (360) 220-6721. Good pay and excellent benefits.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Explorer
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #880 on: November 08, 2018, 09:36:50 PM »
BE Meyers Corp is hiring. Located in Redmond makes high tech lazers for the defense industry.  If your a gun geek this is an organization for you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Online Southpole

• Political Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #881 on: November 09, 2018, 01:07:19 PM »
Diesel / Heavy Equipment / Tractor-trailer / Pick-up Mechanic Needed (Granite Falls)

compensation: $24-$40 an hour, health/dental ins., 7 paid holidays, vacation

Small, independent, revenue repair shop is looking for an experienced, well rounded, open minded, self motivated heavy equipment / truck / diesel mechanic. Would like to see extensive knowledge in most or all:
 -Diesel engine maintenance, troubleshooting, repair & and rebuild
 -Transmission maintenance, troubleshooting, repair & rebuild
 -Hydraulic troubleshooting & repair on cylinders, pumps & motors
 -Electrical troubleshooting & repair
 -Undercarriage & ground engagement repair on final drives & planetaries
 -Brake & clutch troubleshooting & repair
 -Fabrication
 -Computer diagnostics, troubleshooting & repair
 -Tractor/trailers, excavators, bulldozers, dump trucks, wheel loaders, forklifts, skidsteers, road sweepers, skidders, pumps, highlifts, chippers, diesel pickups...
 -Cat, Cummins, Detroit, Duramax, Powerstroke...
 -Valid WA st. drivers license with a clean driving record for possible shop truck operation
 This is a small business with less than 6 people employed, so an independent, trust worthy employee with a good attitude is a plus.
Email : Topsocket@hotmail.com
$5 is a lot of money if you ain't got it

Offline bwhntr23

• Pilgrim
    • Blake Stoker
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #882 on: November 10, 2018, 07:27:31 AM »
Northwest Sales Representative Position

Well established manufactures representative agency is seeking a qualified sales associate.  This is an Entry Level Sales Position.

Geographic area of sales responsibility is Washington, No. Oregon, No. Idaho, and Western Montana as a field representative.
The position is responsible for sales to the sporting goods dealers, buying group members, box stores, and Sporting Goods distributors.

Product categories are Shooting, Hunting, and Outdoor products.

Reply with resume and references to:

Outdoorsalesreps@gmail.com

Qualified applicants will be contacted by the agency human resource manager.

Offline bb76

• Hunter
« Reply #883 on: Today at 11:39:29 AM »
PM for more details. We are hiring ASAP.
Job Title:

Maintenance Technician
Company:

Prologis

Job Description:

Position Responsibilities: 

Commit to The Prologis Way – a guide to effective customer service.  Develop and maintain positive relationships with all customers and vendors.  Responsive to customer’s needs and requests in a timely manner.   Participate in the Prologis Customer Satisfaction Survey.
General property maintenance of various buildings and coordinate special projects as directed by the Property Manager.
Perform proactive/responsive maintenance as requested by customer and property manager.
Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend maintenance operations.
Perform scheduled property maintenance including (but not limited to) roof, structure, sidewalks, paving, landscaping as indicated in the preventative maintenance schedule.  Monitor appearance and upkeep of properties on a continual basis.  As appropriate, remove litter and debris from lawns, planting beds, parking areas, sidewalks, ramps, and indoor spaces.
Advise the property manager on the overall condition of the properties.     
Coordinate repairs, maintenance and site inspections in various locations / buildings.
Coordinate capital repairs and maintenance.
Daily communication and reporting to Property Manager.
Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines (e.g., OSHA, EPA).  Report safety issues as needed.
Ensure safe and proper storage of all supplies, chemicals, tools, and equipment.  Ensure tools and equipment are in optimum condition.     
Responsible for alerting the Property Manager of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur.
Oversight of capital improvements and development and adherence to a preventative maintenance schedule.
Assist in inspecting, monitoring and documenting all work being performed by outside contractors.  Aid the property manager in the evaluation of all service contract requirements and the oversight of property maintenance contracts.
Carry cell phone/iPhone as required for on-call maintenance.  Be ready to respond immediately to emergency situations and concerns.
Provide feedback for the annual budget.
Attend and complete all required training.
Other duties, as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience: 

Requires a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
Minimum of three years in a skilled maintenance work in the commercial real estate industry.
Knowledge of basic building maintenance. 
Knowledge of the current occupational hazards, and an understanding of safety precautions, building codes and regulations applicable to the maintenance profession.   
Knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment necessary to perform building maintenance tasks.
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks on a daily basis.  Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments.  Good record keeping for work orders, parts orders, inventory and service/customer follow-up.
Ability to carry out specific oral and written instructions.
Ability to read and understand operating manuals and written instructions, blueprints, and technical materials.
Ability to work independently.
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.  Proven ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) with customers, peers, management, contractors and vendors.
Basic computer knowledge.
Requires a valid driver’s license, good driving record and the ability to travel to multiple properties.
As business dictates, able to work extended/flexible hours (e.g., nights/weekends/on-call).
Nonessential Skills & Experience: 

Knowledge and experience in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, landscaping and heating/cooling systems preferred.
Knowledge of work-safety issues, regulations and programs, government and utility ordinances preferred.
Prologis offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options, including 401(k) with company match. All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:

Full time
Seattle, Washington
Additional Locations: King County

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

* Recent Topics

Lightroom huh by grade-creek-rd
[Today at 12:40:52 PM]

The Ugly Duckling Quad by syoungs
[Today at 12:32:48 PM]

Disposing old powder by 10mmg
[Today at 12:32:29 PM]