collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: YELM/ROY/RAINER ELK  (Read 22876 times)

Offline spottedhand

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • ssg usa ret
Re: YELM/ROY/RAINER ELK
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2010, 09:18:45 AM »
I know of one which was shot by a muzzie in the yelm roy area..A guy and his son apparently missed the bigger one first day and the son got the smaller 5x on the last day.  This guy who is their neighbor told me, has a horse property out there, not sure where only know him from work.  U local guys might know him, he lost his thumb wrangling a horse last year.

Offline kenbell27

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2010, 07:14:55 PM »
Here is a shot from this morning, sorry about the quality but it was still pretty dark at 6:45. Looks like this guy came out the loser, he had no cows and his right antler was broken off just above the eyeguard.

Offline Yelm hunter

• Scout
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2010, 07:59:58 PM »
WOW... Is that that big 6x6 that got in a fight? He must have fought hard!! Unless someone shot at him and hit his antler? Maybe someone will end up getting a bull with a extra free antler... Hmmmm?

Offline yorketransport

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Frontiersman
  • Preferred pronouns: were/was
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2010, 08:11:26 PM »
I'm glad to see some of those pics. I've spotted a couple of elk out along Bald Hills Rd in the 2 years we've been out here, but nothing that nice. Typically it's dark when I leave the house and dark when I get home, so I don't see much unless it's in the road in front of me. I didn't figure that there were enough of them out here to put in a serious effort to hunt them since I hunt modern firearm.

Andrew

Offline pwdr-brnr

• Pilgrim
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2010, 11:05:25 PM »
kenbell27 that is a nice pic..i did see a bull earlier in the season with one antler(thought it was damaged in velvet?) i believe the big 6pt your refering to yelm hunter is the one that was shot on the second day of muzzie..(see post from swelledneck) i went for drive in that area sat,. to see what was still around..seen two herds both had bulls..also heard shots from high powered rifles(getting an early start?)i dont imagine they were sighting in rifles at 7:20pm has anybody seen the big bull that is a 5x1..i lost track of him or did he get taken?

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2011, 08:23:42 AM »
Saw that herd off of Hannus Rd on Sunday.  Somewhere around 34-36 head with 2 ranched bulls.  Also saw a single 6x6 a little farther down Vail.  Good to see that a bunch survived the seasons.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal