collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Which method of carying your side arm do you like best??  (Read 114098 times)

Offline let.it.fly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Which method of carying your side arm do you like best??
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 12:18:17 PM »
thigh holster ftw. thats how i carried my side arm in iraq.

Offline ratherhunt

• Scout
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 09:39:15 PM »
 I carry a S&W 500 4 inch barrel in a leather thumb break holster on a duty belt, ( belt like cops use ) and it is totally comfortable since its on the duty belt and its a heavy pistol. I really can not even tell I am carrying it.

Offline k_rex

• Tracker
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 09:47:17 AM »
I carry a S&W .357 with a 4 inch barrel in a leather hip holster on my strong side.  The only time it has become an issue is when I need to strap on a pack. 

I have been looking at one of these guide holsters to solve the pack + pistol equation.

http://diamonddholsters.com/Pages/Holsters.html

Offline JackOfAllTrades

• Rasbo said I Ain't Right.
  • Old Salt
  • Μολὼν λαβέ
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 10:36:26 AM »
That cross draw holster would be sweet in many situations, but it would interfere with my binos unless I went to a side carry for the binos.

-Steve
The NRA says I'm a Master!
Colt's, Ruger's, Dan Wesson, & Kimber are my friends!
Proud to be a U.S. Navy Veteran.

If you never follow your dreams, you'll never go anywhere.

Critical thinking keeps people from freaking the hell out every time some half baked blogger forgets his meds. Unlike some of you, I do not have TawkethOutOfAnus© syndrome.

Offline MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2010, 11:02:25 AM »
.41 mag crossdraw, left hip
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline zpoolman

• Tracker
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 12:47:53 PM »
If you carry a pistol while bow hunting you better keep it out of sight. It is a no no in Washington State, check page 70 in the reg book.

I keep mine in my pack. lol   :guns:

Offline BushMonster

• Tracker
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 12:59:21 PM »
If you carry a pistol while bow hunting you better keep it out of sight. It is a no no in Washington State, check page 70 in the reg book.

I keep mine in my pack. lol   :guns:

Looks fine to me on page 70.  I sure as hell want one when archery hunting

Archery Regulations:
1.  Rules pertaining to all archery
  a.  It is unlawful for any person to carry or have in his possesssion any firearm while in the field archery hunting, during an archery season specified for that area, except for modern handguns carried for personal protection

Offline zpoolman

• Tracker
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 09:09:18 AM »
 :dunno:

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 09:21:12 AM »
Meaning u need a CWP
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline big J

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2010, 12:35:03 PM »
 I don't carry one, to much extra weight

Offline FC

• Frontiersman
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2010, 12:51:04 PM »
Meaning u need a CWP

What would you need a CPL for? This is an open carry state and if you read the pertinent laws you don't even need a CPL to conceal while fishing, hunting etc.
The reason there are so many Ruger upgrades is because they're necessary.

Offline J Snow73

• Hunter
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2010, 01:10:56 PM »
Meaning u need a CWP

What would you need a CPL for? This is an open carry state and if you read the pertinent laws you don't even need a CPL to conceal while fishing, hunting etc.
This has come up before on another topic and thought I had the answer to this question :dunno: Is anyone 100% sure of this? It just seems too many not sure including me now :dunno:

Offline FC

• Frontiersman
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2010, 02:05:28 PM »
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.050

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.060

RCW 9.41.050
Carrying firearms.   

(1)(a) Except in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, a person shall not carry a pistol concealed on his or her person without a license to carry a concealed pistol.

(b) Every licensee shall have his or her concealed pistol license in his or her immediate possession at all times that he or she is required by this section to have a concealed pistol license and shall display the same upon demand to any police officer or to any other person when and if required by law to do so. Any violation of this subsection (1)(b) shall be a class 1 civil infraction under chapter 7.80 RCW and shall be punished accordingly pursuant to chapter 7.80 RCW and the infraction rules for courts of limited jurisdiction.

(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

(b) A violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor.

(3)(a) A person at least eighteen years of age who is in possession of an unloaded pistol shall not leave the unloaded pistol in a vehicle unless the unloaded pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

(b) A violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor.

(4) Nothing in this section permits the possession of firearms illegal to possess under state or federal law.

RCW 9.41.060
Exceptions to restrictions on carrying firearms.   

The provisions of RCW 9.41.050 shall not apply to:

(1) Marshals, sheriffs, prison or jail wardens or their deputies, or other law enforcement officers of this state or another state;

(2) Members of the armed forces of the United States or of the national guard or organized reserves, when on duty;

(3) Officers or employees of the United States duly authorized to carry a concealed pistol;

(4) Any person engaged in the business of manufacturing, repairing, or dealing in firearms, or the agent or representative of the person, if possessing, using, or carrying a pistol in the usual or ordinary course of the business;

(5) Regularly enrolled members of any organization duly authorized to purchase or receive pistols from the United States or from this state;

(6) Regularly enrolled members of clubs organized for the purpose of target shooting, when those members are at or are going to or from their places of target practice;

(7) Regularly enrolled members of clubs organized for the purpose of modern and antique firearm collecting, when those members are at or are going to or from their collector's gun shows and exhibits;

(8) Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area;

(9) Any person while carrying a pistol unloaded and in a closed opaque case or secure wrapper; or

(10) Law enforcement officers retired for service or physical disabilities, except for those law enforcement officers retired because of mental or stress-related disabilities. This subsection applies only to a retired officer who has: (a) Obtained documentation from a law enforcement agency within Washington state from which he or she retired that is signed by the agency's chief law enforcement officer and that states that the retired officer was retired for service or physical disability; and (b) not been convicted or found not guilty by reason of insanity of a crime making him or her ineligible for a concealed pistol license.

I bolded the pertinent part for you, hopefully this will end this debate once and for all.
The reason there are so many Ruger upgrades is because they're necessary.

Offline J Snow73

• Hunter
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2010, 02:30:21 PM »
Cool that wraps that up thanks for the info FC no question in my mind :hello:

Offline mjbskwim

• Hunter
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2010, 12:04:48 AM »
You can open carry while bow hunting or need a CCL to carry it under your coat or shirt.

I use a pancake type holster,cross draw.It has a retention strap so it won't fall out when you crouch down to hide,or you just sit down.

I tried it on my suspenders,but it was too heavy for them.I did like where it was though.I would guess ,if you could attach it to your pack strap,it would work better.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]