collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Super Blackhawk 44  (Read 4980 times)

Offline mossback91

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
Super Blackhawk 44
« on: April 04, 2008, 01:27:04 PM »
Just got done shotting my dads new pistol. A super blackhawk hunter stainless model with the 7 1/2 inch barrel. Man that waas a blast. Darn good shooting gun. I think i need one now haha.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 09:45:17 PM by jackelope »

Offline Rhinoron247

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: Washington For Wildlife
Re: Super Backhawk 44
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 03:14:24 PM »
Great gun, I swear by it.  I have spent a great deal of time working up loads for mine.  I recently also purchased a RUGER 44 Mag Carbine.  Both guns shoot the same loads and its and outstanding saddle gun.

I added a Red Dot scope and call it "HOG WILD" it's the perfect up close and personal Hog / Bear Gun.

Offline Ray

• Old Salt
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1475043431
    • Hunting-Washington
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 05:29:36 PM »
I love them. Here's mine which I picked up about a month and a half ago.

I like shooting this a lot more than any other pistol I have ever owned. Although I have only owned a few pistols in my time...

Offline mossback91

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 05:32:02 PM »
Yeah I'm thinkin I would like the bisley model like yours better than my dads because I dont have very big hands so its harder to reach the hammer and the bisley looks a little easier to reach than his. Good gun overall though very fun to shoot.

Offline headshot5

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 05:49:56 PM »
Just got done shotting my dads new pistol. A super blackhawk hunter stainless model with the 7 1/2 inch barrel. Man that waas a blast. Darn good shooting gun. I think i need one now haha.

I have the same gun, and I agree they are absolutely a blast to shoot.  I'm hoping to use mine on an elk one of these years. 

Offline bearhunter59

• Scout
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »
I just picked up a Ruger Redhawk .44mag w/7-1/2" barrel,about a month ago, myself.  I've already put 150 round through it shooting it, and am having a blast.  I just got the same Leupold scope, (2x20), on it that Ray has.  I can't wait to take it to the outdoor range and get it sighted-in correctly.

I have never shot a handgun anywhere near that big before I shot my friends Dan Wesson .44mag, about 2 months ago.  I found that after the first couple of shots, I have to set the gun down and relax, and take deep breathes to try and give my body time for all the adrenilin to subside.  Shooting that gun causes me such an adrenelin rush through my body, I can't hold the gun steady.  Anybody else have that problem?  I've gotten more used to the gun and relax more between each shot, and can control the gun better now, but it's still amazing the way it just happens naturally, and I have to consciensously try and get it under control...

Offline Ray

• Old Salt
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1475043431
    • Hunting-Washington
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 05:50:26 PM »
Yeah shooting large caliber pistols is a rush. I love it. I do not have the instincts for pistol shooting as I do for rifles. At any rate it is getting a lot better with practice and time. I do have to consciously pay attention to my shooting habits with my .44 or with my friends .50

I swear by those gas checked bullets. They seem to fly a lot better in mine than the standard issue lead. Without a nice large caliber pistol I don't think my collection was quite up to par  :chuckle:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 06:58:48 PM by Ray(huntwa) »

Offline Head-shot

• General Underachiever
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 09:42:39 PM »
Ive got the same gun as well in stainless. Funny how many people have them here.  And I agree, they are a fun shooter. :guns:
Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or destroy it, piss on it and walk away!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal