collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: trespassing  (Read 6303 times)

Offline julzzz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
trespassing
« on: November 25, 2010, 06:44:27 PM »
I have seen a lot of this lately, people think property has to be posted.  Here it is in the game regs, anyone else have problems with this? :dunno:
It is unlawful to trespass.  State hunting regulations apply to hunting private land, but do not guarantee access.  Entry onto any lands which are fenced, posted, cultivated, or used for commercial agricultural crops or aquaculture without permission is considered trespass.  Some private landowners (individuals or corporations) have chosen to deny access to, or across, their property.  Check with landowners before entering their property.  Check with land owners before entering their property.  It is always best to obtain landowner permission before entering private property.
Is this so hard to understand?  If you don't have permission to hunt the land you are on then DON'T.  Know where you are at all times.
does not sound that hard, do your research. :bash:

Offline stumprat

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
Re: trespassing
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 06:48:17 PM »
Did you have a trespasser? :dunno:

Offline julzzz

• Hunter
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 06:57:25 PM »
No not my property but I  Know the land owners. no one has permission to hunt this land.  and I mean no one!!

Offline stumprat

• Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 07:06:52 PM »
That sucks >:(

Offline bigpaw 77

• Bass mutilator
  • Scout
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 07:12:01 PM »
That sucks that you have trespassers in your area too. I have been going out with my dad on some private land we have permission to hunt, today we crossed a set of man tracks that were not made by us and we are the only ones with permission. I dont think the problem is that people do not know that it is illegal to trespass; I think they just dont give a sh#t who's land they are on and I personally would love to run into one of these trespassers where I hunt.
WDWF needs to get a clue before it's to late!!!

Offline mjbskwim

• Hunter
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 12:23:39 AM »
I turned some duck hunters in for hunting in a county park,where I and others walk their dogs and just beach comb.
The park beach is only 1200 feet long ,then private.

I stopped to talk to a warden and said that it isn't posted no trespassing.
He smiled and said "It doesn't have to be posted for me to ticket them if they're trespassing"

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Explorer
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 05:17:02 AM »
It would benefit the landowner to post, spray paint thier fence posts, etc if they didn't want people eith hunting or trespassing on their property. Is it that hard?
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 05:55:15 AM »
A gamie cannot ticket for trespassing, police has to be called. Your right it doesnt have to be posted in WA, thats where the issue lays with enforcement and slap on the hands, most cases are you need to leave and thats it

Offline Shootmoore

• Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 06:53:47 AM »
A gamie cannot ticket for trespassing, police has to be called. Your right it doesnt have to be posted in WA, thats where the issue lays with enforcement and slap on the hands, most cases are you need to leave and thats it

Gamie's can scratch for trespass now.  They have been "general authority" for several years now.  It's nice if it is a gamie if it is a "hunting" trespass as they are better schooled in the hunting WAC's and can possibly hit them with something besides the trespass.

Shootmoore

Offline 400out

• Radio Active YAR
  • Old Salt
  • HA HA! VERY FUNNY!
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 08:04:25 AM »
it sucks! people are stupid more and more these days  >:(
Granted the ability to cause a A nuclear explosion that produces a rapid release of energy from a higher power resulting in the sudden and catastrophic demise of a thread.

Confucius say:
A crowded elevator smells different to a midget!
Man that go to bed with itchy butt wake up with stinky fingers!
Man who fight with wife all day get no piece at night.

Offline MIKEXRAY

• Sourdough
  • Bowhunter east side. Kayak Fishing cascade lakes.
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 08:16:52 AM »
I agree with Skyvalhunter, if you guys are so worried about it why not post ?  A few signs and a staple gun, maybe an hour. Not condoning people not knowing where they are and what is legal, just pointing out the obvious. Mike

Offline Martinhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Whack em and stack em!!
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 08:43:18 AM »
Hey Julie, ya it does suck that people think that they can just hunt were ever no matter who's property. Yesterday I was heading up to Dale's to try and find the elk, well the elk were right across the road in a field and as soon as it got light enough to see some idiot muzzleloader drove right out into the field almost into the middle of the herd of 50 - 60 and shot one and not only shot one but shot from the cab of his truck. The elk scattered eccept for one and that one was doing circles with her leg blown off. I don't think it was ever put out of her misery either. Just pisses me off how stupid people can be.
To God alone be the Glory!!

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2010, 09:13:09 AM »

WDFW Officers can enforce any law there is. WDFW Officers write many tickets every year for trespassing.

Offline 400out

• Radio Active YAR
  • Old Salt
  • HA HA! VERY FUNNY!
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 09:14:58 AM »
Hey Julie, ya it does suck that people think that they can just hunt were ever no matter who's property. Yesterday I was heading up to Dale's to try and find the elk, well the elk were right across the road in a field and as soon as it got light enough to see some idiot muzzleloader drove right out into the field almost into the middle of the herd of 50 - 60 and shot one and not only shot one but shot from the cab of his truck. The elk scattered eccept for one and that one was doing circles with her leg blown off. I don't think it was ever put out of her misery either. Just pisses me off how stupid people can be.
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( Just not right
Granted the ability to cause a A nuclear explosion that produces a rapid release of energy from a higher power resulting in the sudden and catastrophic demise of a thread.

Confucius say:
A crowded elevator smells different to a midget!
Man that go to bed with itchy butt wake up with stinky fingers!
Man who fight with wife all day get no piece at night.

Offline boonerboy

• Longhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 09:45:17 AM »
If you want NO ONE to hunt your land, then post it. :twocents:  I know it is the hunters responsibility to know where he/she is because thats what the law says but if you are really worried about it then save everyone the trouble ands post the hell out of it. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal