collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Looking for some advice..  (Read 1907 times)

Offline muledude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Looking for some advice..
« on: April 21, 2008, 07:10:51 PM »
Just found this website last week, I live and grew up in a small town in sw wash. And am a avid hunter. And work overtime to get away from the masses "When hunting". I mostly pack in with livestock these days and will hunt area's with less animals if its issolated from people.. Anyway my shed  spot has become a pretty buisy place these days, I have wanted to try a new drainage for awhile, so I saddled up and rode the 12 miles in to get to were I figured it would start to get good. I worked my tail off and coverd both sides of the river the weekend befor last and only found a old 4 x3 winterkill.."Left it In case your wondering"  I did see alot of elk but mostly cows,calfs and Rags.... Next weekend went further up river.Found two fives from last year in about twenty min. Both were right sides. Then hunted down from there , even went back over the stuff from the week befor and didn't find a thing..From were I found the two sheds Its about two miles to the beginning of the drainage..I have hammerd the area downstream twice now hard and am starting to second guess myself. There a a couple of limited entry draws area's close to this area that have better than average bulls for our area. Should I go in again and try the upper end or just scrapp it altogether?? I have seen alot of elk but just cant seem to find any bulls other than rags and spikes hanging with the cows.. My first thought is to go higher but Im starting to second guess myself.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
Re: Looking for some advice..
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 07:50:48 PM »
Honestly its really hard to give advice because it could really be anything.  They might be there they might not in any given year.  Most depends on pressure and water.  Food shelter water equals elk.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 08:07:13 PM »
i need advice too. i followed all the advice i have gotten this weekend and came up empty too.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline muledude

• Tracker
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 08:42:25 PM »
Honestly its really hard to give advice because it could really be anything.  They might be there they might not in any given year.  Most depends on pressure and water.  Food shelter water equals elk.
  I feel pretty good about saying pressure is low in this drainage because  of the difficuly getting in there. Also both the sheds I did find were a year old and 15 feet of the road out in the open.  Water is everywhere . Food is definatetly a issue "Now". I saw around 40 winterkill the first weekend and found around twenty more last weekend that weren't there the weekend befor.. cows and calfs,spikes.  Crossing over the top would be about impossible, there's about 12 feet of snow all around the top of the drainage. Im realy getting sick of this weather. It was snowing today here at 300 feet??? Sappose to have showers all week..

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Deadeyety
[Today at 05:12:44 PM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:12:42 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]