collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Crab catch card  (Read 5266 times)

Offline Jerome

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Crab catch card
« on: June 13, 2007, 08:33:24 AM »
Finally got my catch card in the mail yesterday and it was a temp.  From what i got from what the letter said is that we have to go back to a dealer and it exchange it.  If i get charged a dealer fee i am going to be pissed.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Crab catch card
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 08:56:05 AM »
got the same thing yesterday, and was wondering the same thing.
we shall see...

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 09:19:06 AM »
The kids and I all got ours too and were wondering the same!  I am going to Sportsmans Whorehouse this morning and find out what's the deal.  It seems to be a waste of resourses to sent out temp cards.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 09:40:32 AM »
part of the news release...
there's more but it's blah blah blah
---
Temporary catch record cards going out
to some Puget Sound crab fishers

OLYMPIA - Puget Sound sport crabbers will head out to fish this summer under a new split-season harvest-reporting system, although some may want to stop off to swap a temporary catch record card for a permanent one.

The split-season harvest-reporting system requires recreational crabbers to use a summer catch record card to record their catch through Labor Day, and a separate catch record card for fall and winter harvest that will be reported by mid-January 2008.

However, delays in gearing up the state’s automated recreational license system to print the two cards means that early purchasers of Puget Sound crab endorsements didn’t receive their catch record cards.

With crab seasons opening just weeks away, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) is mailing temporary catch record cards to 84,000 people who bought their 2007 Puget Sound Dungeness crab endorsement before May 18.

“We’re mailing temporary catch record cards to make sure that folks can start fishing as soon as crab seasons open,” said Frank Hawley, WDFW license division manager. “But since the temporary cards are not water-resistant, we encourage everyone to visit a local license vendor as soon as possible to trade the temporary cards for water-resistant, permanent ones.”

Those who have changed their address since purchasing their Puget Sound crab endorsement should contact WDFW at (360) 902-2464 to ensure they receive the mailed temporary catch record cards.

When the transfer is made, it’s also important that fishers transfer any recorded harvest from the temporary catch record card to the permanent one, said Rich Childers, WDFW shellfish policy coordinator. That’s because sport fishers will be required to return the temporary catch record cards to license vendors when they are issued the permanent ones.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline Dman

• Dmanmastertracker
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 01:30:10 PM »
 Seems like the license paperwork get's gayer every year! Between my special deer tag and crab card I have to make two trips more than I did last year and did I say??? I HATE THE RECEIPT TAPE LICENSES!!! GAY!!!

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 03:21:26 PM »
Yep, not only gay but flaming gay!!!   :P  I got the replacement crab catch record cards for myself and the girls today.  What a bunch of wasted paper!  Mine had everyting that I have purchased this year listed on it including my special permit applications, raffle ticets etc.  I told my wife that if they keep going the way that they are with the paperwork, I'm going to have to start carrying a murse!  :rolleyes:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 03:28:11 PM »
how do you guys like the parking access thing...i thought it was great...no more crap stuck to my truck. pulled it out of the spot i have it tucked away in my truck last night folded up...seems to be permanently folded in half. won't straighten out.
pbear...when you get your man-purse, be sure to post a pic. we'd love to see that

Offline Dman

• Dmanmastertracker
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 09:06:10 AM »
 -No chit, or buy a wheeled duffel for all the dam paperwork; temp crab card, permanent crab card, snipe permit.....

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by gramps
[Today at 06:50:22 AM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]