Offline Bofire

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Harley YAR YAR YAR!
PETA
« on: April 29, 2008, 01:07:08 PM »
 >:(
Nearly a decade later, Daphna Nachminovitch still remembers the rerelease of the Disney classic "101 Dalmatians" and the tragedy that followed. First there was a spike in sales of the famous spotted breed. Then, in the months that followed, shelters took in hundreds of Dalmatians from disillusioned pet owners around the country. "As soon as the puppies outlived their cuteness and the kids didn't want to scoop the poop anymore, the dogs were dumped in shelters," says Nachminovitch, vice president of cruelty investigations for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). "Many of them had to be euthanized, because there was simply no place for them to go."

But what many animal lovers don't realize is that PETA itself may have put down some of those unwanted Dalmatians. The organization has practiced euthanasia for years. Since 1998 PETA has killed more than 17,000 animals, nearly 85 percent of all those it has rescued. Dalmatians may no longer be the breed of the day, but the problem of unwanted and abandoned pets is as urgent as ever. Shelters around the country kill 4 million animals every year; by some estimates, more than 80 percent of them are healthy. In recent years those grim statistics have split the animal rights community. Ironically, PETA has emerged as a strong proponent of euthanasia. (The group is better known for its public condemnations of everyone from fashion designer Donna Karan for her use of fur to the National Cancer Institute for its animal research.) In defense of its policy PETA has insisted that euthanasia is a necessary evil in a world full of unwanted pets. But while the group has some well-known allies, including the Humane Society of the United States, a growing number of animal rights activists claim to have found a better, more humane way.

This is from those wonderful and caring PETA!!!!members
Carl
When the chips are down..... the buffalo is empty!!

I do not shop at Amazon

Offline WDFW-SUX

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: PETA
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 01:15:54 PM »
They would rather pay lawyers to save the wolves, stop trapping, ban bow hunting and putting an end to baiting rather than keeping animals alive that are in there care. Sad but true.
THE WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND WILDLIFE SUCKS MORE THAN EVER..........

Offline EMPyre

• Scout
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 01:45:31 PM »
Rescued pets at The Humane Society (the good one not HSUS) and similar shelters have a nation wide euthanasia rate of only 18%, the rest are usually adopted.  Pretty sad state when a group with this much power and money isn't condemned and publicly lynched for their hypocrisy.  Don't be fooled, PETA 'rescues' animals for no other purpose but to put them down, they have almost no adoption/placement policy or efforts.  PETA is a sham, they have no science behind any of their policies and offer no solutions to problems that would arise from the installation of their Draconian ideals on an unwitting public.
Erich with an H

Offline rougheye

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 01:50:48 PM »
PETA    =   people eating tasty animals :IBCOOL:

Offline alecvg

• Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 04:26:05 PM »
PETA    =   people eating tasty animals :IBCOOL:
[/quote
amen :IBCOOL:
I would rather be a conservative nut job, than a liberal with no nuts, and no job!

Offline HarborHunter3

• Tracker
  • BSer extrordinare
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 09:39:29 PM »
Now they are going after the jockey that rode Eight Belles when the horses collapsed during the Kentucky Derby. They want the second place prize of $400K to be revoked and a ban on the use of crops. Or whipping as they like to call it. They also want a whole bunch of other stuff changed too. They are just plain retarded, here is my answer to them.

http://www.nraila.org/issues/articles/read.aspx?ID=288
Hunting is and always will be a family tradition.
If you load it they will come.

Offline WAcoueshunter

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 10:20:28 PM »
I hate to benefit from such a horrible deal like what happened at the Derby, but ultimately PETA's reaction is good for hunters.  The more the PETA folks divert their attention away from hunting the better.  And having them say/do stupid stuff like this can only further alienate them from the mainstream.  I'm sure they're not making friends right now with the horse crowd...just that many more people who are now anti-PETA. 

Offline EMPyre

• Scout
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 02:15:37 PM »
"PETA has killed over 17,000 pets since 1998," Martosko said. "Given the group’s astonishing habit of killing adoptable dogs and cats with such ruthless efficiency, it’s only fair that the state of Virginia refer to PETA, and regulate it in the future, as a slaughterhouse."

Oh that's some good rhetoric!  But seriously, its just insane what they do and what people think they are supporting.
Erich with an H

Offline Dman

• Dmanmastertracker
  • Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 01:45:59 PM »
 Peta has lost a lot of support from the granola's with their stupid antics recently. Now the granola's are jumping on the HSUS bandwagon, unfortunately HSUS is recognized by among other thing's the US Dept. of Agriculture.

Peta = :crap:

Offline diana

• Tracker
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 07:11:29 AM »
I've always thought there was something seriously wrong with some of these people.  I can never understand the logic of hatred for humans paired with embueing animals with Disneylike innocence and human sensibilities.  I've had confrontations with some of them while running my women's hunting program and they are just really, really angry, unhappy people.

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 07:26:26 AM »
I agree with the unhappy/angry attitude comment. They cannot live peacefully together with differing opinions. Thier view or nothing...

Dianna, you should start a thread and tell us about your "womens' hunting program"...
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline Dman

• Dmanmastertracker
  • Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 06:11:41 PM »
 PETA =
 Pet
 Euphanizing
 Total
 A$$m0le$

:stup:

Offline Dman

• Dmanmastertracker
  • Sourdough
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 06:16:11 PM »
 What's hillarious is that the only woman I ever met who supported PETA, turned red and had nothing to say after giving me a hard time when talking about a hunting trip. I asked her if she bought her own McDonald's, or if someone bought it for her?  :sas:

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal