collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sunburn in January?  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Kain

• Scalpless
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • VantuckyKain
Sunburn in January?
« on: January 23, 2011, 12:13:05 AM »
Westside dog down.

Was today beautiful or what?  I spent the entire day in the woods.  The plan was to spend the day calling for bobcats.  It must have been a good plan because three other hunters had the same idea in the same area.  :chuckle:  Had to keep changing my plans for where I was headed so we didnt all go to the same areas. Didnt have any luck finding a bobcat but got a coyote to come in and lost count of how many deer I saw.

Here is a video of the stand that the coyote came in on.  Sorry no kill shot but you can see the kind of areas I have been targeting for bobcats.
Coyote down Jan 22nd

Does this outfit make me look fat?   :chuckle:

Got to try out my new Havalon knife skinning it out in the woods.  That burned a lot of calling time but it was such a nice day I really didnt care about the calling.

My little buddies that follow me from stand to stand.  I dont know why but I just really like these guys.  Had one that almost put his head into the speaker looking for what was making all the noise.

I am pretty sure this is a Northern Saw-whet

Porcupine damage.

Huge flocks of crows towards the end of the day.  I had to mess with them.  CAUTION its loud.
Crow Calling

Sun is going down and Im still three miles in behind the gate and that coyote skin is starting to get really heavy.
Oh well it was all worth it.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 11:01:59 AM by Kain »

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
Re: Sunburn in January?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 09:11:49 AM »
What call do you use for Bobcats ? I've got a spitfire also.
You don't look fat because I can't see you, all I see is camo with a head sticking out of it. :chuckle:
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Kain

• Scalpless
  • Old Salt
  • VantuckyKain
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 09:22:16 AM »
What call do you use for Bobcats ? I've got a spitfire also.
You don't look fat because I can't see you, all I see is camo with a head sticking out of it. :chuckle:

Thanks  :chuckle:  I am a bit overweight but with that leafy camo and a turkey vest it REALLY makes me look bigger.  I use a sequence I made from a few free sounds off the internet.  I posted a link to download it on another thread somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:56:34 AM by Kain »

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 09:46:36 AM »
I'm a bit on the plus side myself. I was just wondering if you were using the woodpecker or other bird calls for them. I'm so used to using mouth calls. The ecaller is pretty new to me. I've called in 1 Bobcat using the Circe call.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Kain

• Scalpless
  • Old Salt
  • VantuckyKain
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 09:55:56 AM »
I'm a bit on the plus side myself. I was just wondering if you were using the woodpecker or other bird calls for them. I'm so used to using mouth calls. The ecaller is pretty new to me. I've called in 1 Bobcat using the Circe call.
This is the sequence I use for bobcats.  There is two minutes of silence at the beginning.  It is almost twenty minutes long but only takes one slot on the Spitfire.  I let it repeat at least twice, most times three, before moving to the next stand.
http://kaingraphics.com/Vantuckykains%20bobcat%20medicine%202.mp3

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal