collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: New Bow Advice  (Read 13833 times)

Offline DeKuma

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: New Bow Advice
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2008, 04:29:53 PM »
I was considering going down there tonight.
Do you recall any prices for what they had?

Wife thinks I should go with the Bengal Package they have at the Nock Point.  It is very tempting as the $$ is good and the bow is good all around.  I think in the long run, it is a good choice, just think I need to shoot it set-up and see if it still feels the same.
- Scott

Offline yajsab

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2008, 05:12:05 PM »
I recalled the commander is still up in the 600 range, but the others are around 450 - 500.  Not sure what your budget is.  These are top models from previous year.

I have no clue on this one, but just passing it along.

Sporting Goods: Compound Bow (Martin Pro Series XR) Firecat
Price:175.00
Date Posted: 5/21/2008 
Nice bow I just dont hunt. Perfect for the serious hunter, its a Martin! Call Cary at 206-349-9922 or e-mail at kansasflwr@yahoo.com 
Boeing Location
WA - Puget Sound 
Contact Information
Cary Hiatt
206-349-9922   
kansasflwr@yahoo.com 

Offline DeKuma

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2008, 07:09:14 PM »
Thanks for everyone's help and advice.
After careful consdieration of funding, and options as well as what gives me the most for my money, I have made a choice.

After shooting several more bows today, the Bear Instinct, Bengal (again), Hoyt Vipertec, Diamond Marquis, and Mathews Switchback and SoloCam.  All Great bows in comparison to the older one I have.  Prices escalate along the list.

I went back to the Nock Point and shot the Bengal for a while and decided the more I shot, the more I liked so I bought a Bengal.
They are getting it set-up for me with components from my Hoyt.  I bought the full package with the Rhinehart Target and all components ready to shoot, but I had better stuff on my Hoyt, so they are swapping everything around for me.

Hopefully, I will still feel I made the right call after I have shot it a while................ :o
- Scott

Offline bankwalker

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2008, 07:46:38 PM »
nice choice...i was actually shooting that bow a week ago.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal