collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: You guys turkey hunting the Chewelah, Colville area the first week of season.  (Read 14043 times)

Offline Phantom Gobbler

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Planning on being in the area for the first two days ........ but with limited time to hunt, I will be all business chasing Jakes and hopefully 2 year olds.  I've given up on 3 year olds ........ bad birds!!    :chuckle:
"When a wild turkey vanishes, after seeing a man, depend on it, bank on it, he's gone." - Archibald Rutledge

Shine Box Turkey Calls Pro Staff

Offline turkeydancer

• Sourdough
 :whoo:
They passed the Federal budget, so the trip is back on --- at Benny's Thursday and Friday nights for sure ... and dependent on success maybe until Tuesday at noon.
 :drool:

Offline turkeydancer

• Sourdough
PG - Send those bad 3+ yrs old my way ... I'll teach them better behavior for you !
:mgun:

Sneaky - Looking forward to seeing you and yours.
 :brew:

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
I think I am waiting until about the 20th after all the roadside rakers are gone ... and then a guy can do some real huntin ...Good luck everyone ... :yeah:

Offline Phantom Gobbler

• Longhunter
They passed the Federal budget, so the trip is back on --- at Benny's Thursday and Friday nights for sure ... and dependent on success maybe until Tuesday at noon.

TD, Glad to hear your back in the game for the big weekend.  Have a great opener!  Not sure yet if I will be hunting north of you or south of you yet .............. keeping my options open at this point.  And yeah we will need to find some beard draggers if we are going to keep up with Turkey Slayer and Yelp!   :chuckle:
"When a wild turkey vanishes, after seeing a man, depend on it, bank on it, he's gone." - Archibald Rutledge

Shine Box Turkey Calls Pro Staff

Offline scottcrb

• NRA, RMEF, Wa marketing director Montucky Cold Snack, MDF, BHA,
  • Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
    • Montucky Cold Snacks
  • Groups: nra, RMEF,MDF
me and my buddy will be there Wed through Tues as of now. Not sure where we are camping yet but hope to get on some birds. hoping to get my first this year.

Offline br8kitoff

• Hunter
If I can find the fairgraounds I will stop in to meet HW people.  I haven't met very many in person.  Do you guy's hunt just the early am and then pm.....When is the best time to swing in???
We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
IAFF Local 2819

Online muleyslayer#1

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Yea we can get together maybe like a big BBQ I'm going to be in the keettle falls/ rice area camping and turkey slayin.

Offline PA BEN

• LINEMAN
  • Frontiersman
You guys hunting the Chewelah, Colville area pm me your cell #'s. I will be around Chewelah for the week. ;)

Offline Birdguy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
If I can find the fairgrounds I will stop in to meet HW people.  I haven't met very many in person.  Do you guy's hunt just the early am and then pm.....When is the best time to swing in???

As a general rule you are most likely to find guys around camp after dark but not too late (morning comes real early this time of year :o). There will be guys in and out mid day but dark is your best shot. As for finding the fairgrounds that is real easy head halfway through town and take a left follow to the edge of town. There are lots of signs to where it is as well. Good luck!

Offline turkeydancer

• Sourdough
Fairgrounds ... Heading north, take the left just past Les Schwab tires and go down hill a couple blocks ...

Offline Devinshoe

• Longhunter
Hey i live in the colville area . if yall are around, just pm me and illl swing by to say hello to you all. I just live right outside Colville. Hope to meet you all.

Offline turkeydancer

• Sourdough

TD, Glad to hear your back in the game for the big weekend.  Have a great opener!  Not sure yet if I will be hunting north of you or south of you yet .............. keeping my options open at this point.  And yeah we will need to find some beard draggers if we are going to keep up with Turkey Slayer and Yelp!   :chuckle:

PG - thanks ... guess it doesn't matter if you're north or south of me as long as you're not downwind of me ... could ruin your day ... good luck to you and all our Hunt NW group on getting some 25# draggers ... be safe.

Offline bearmanric

• RIP Colockumelk
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
  • Tenino Wa
    • Rick Robbins  rrcalls
heading over this afternon. here is my Rig. say Hi Rick ;)

RIP Colockumelk
Facebook rrcalls no website.

Offline Wayne1

• Longhunter
I'm about 10 minutes from the Fair grounds.....  ya'll let me know when your settled in there.
Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for Clunkers" program?
A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road. --David Letterman

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10