collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Want to go hunting?  (Read 144270 times)

Offline Helix

• Tracker of the most dangerous game
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
    • https://www.facebook.com/Hardwaylearnt
    • My Youtube channel www.youtube.com/hardwaylearnt
Located in Snohomish
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2011, 11:21:00 PM »
I'm new(ish) to hunting but not new to the woods.  Was a SAR volunteer for 8 years and spent a lot of time trekking around Snohomish, King, Skagit, Whatcom and Chelan counties.  I've had to step back from SAR to spend more time at home with my wife and kiddo so hunting has become my reason to get back out in the woods.  This will be my third season and I've yet to punch a tag.  I'm mostly looking for a partner since I don't think it is super safe to hike into the woods alone to hunt.  (Although I do it since I don't have a partner.) 

I've done some pre-scouting this season which I consider mostly a bust due to lack of animals so I guess I know a few places not to go.  However I'll share location of an area that I believe is full of Yogies due to the close encounter I had there backpacking over memorial day this year.  2 bears seen on day 1 and 5 by another member of my party on day 3 on the way out.  I also saw plenty of deer and elk sign there while on that hike.  I went back when black bear opened but struck out but again was on lots of elk sign.  I have modern tags for deer, bear, cougar, and western elk.  I'll hunt coyotes too if you have a spot you like.  I have some days off I can use and was thinking of Friday through Monday of modern opening weekend. Friday I'd be able to set up a camp and do some scouting but my morning might be taken up that day so I'd be looking at a little bit later start. 

I've got all the equipment I need and even some extra if you need a pack or room under a bivy shelter/tent.  I'd perfer to buddy up with somebody on the more experienced side because as I said I'm new(ish) to hunting.  Of course I'm willing to share gas and I have a 4x4 SUV.
Such is life in the West and the further West the more the such.

www.YouTube.com/hardwaylearnt

Offline zpoolman

• Tracker
Re: Want to go hunting?
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2011, 07:44:50 AM »
Do you bow hunt?? I would like a local bow hunting partner. I am well equipped and experienced. I have Fri, Sat and
Sun off with lots of vacation. I am in Kirkland so someone in the 30 mile range would be great.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 07:54:22 AM by zpoolman »

Offline GAGalHunter

• Pilgrim
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2011, 10:35:19 AM »
My Dad and I sell hunting supplies, fishing supplies and firearms. Can't trade in land or gas money, but would be happy to do a little trading in supplies!

This year I bought archery tags for Western WA elk, also got a tag for deer, bear and cougar. Would really enjoy going bear or cougar hunting, as Ive never been, but frankly Im down for all four  :tup:

Im a bowhunter and carry a Taurus 9mm at all times unless Im hunting rifle. I use a .260 Browning.  :)
Yes there are tree-huggin' hunters- you're talking to one! Hunters- the FIRST line of defense against pollution...pick up your dang trash so I dont step on it while stalkin game! ;)

Offline zpoolman

• Tracker
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2011, 08:11:35 AM »
I also bought Western Wa. archery elk tags I am planing on heading to Ilwaco 11/7 or so - 11/12 or so. I scored a friends cabin there. Never hunted that area before so it's kinda just shooting from the hip type hunt. He gave me some good hints where to go. I would like some company if anyone is interested. GaGal hunter if you don't have $$ no worries, I have the truck and am going anyways. Or if someone else is interested.. let's talk and see, Not much time though.

Offline STIKNSTRINGBOW

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
    • https://www.facebook.com/stiknstring.bow
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2011, 08:14:41 AM »
I also bought Western Wa. archery elk tags I am planing on heading to Ilwaco 11/7 or so - 11/12 or so
:dunno:
Western
Washington
Archery
Nov. 23-Dec. 15  or

Nov. 23-Dec. 7
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 08:21:19 AM by STIKNSTRINGBOW »
The mountains are calling and I must go."
- John Muir
"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order."
- John Burroughs
NASP Certified Basic Archery Instructor
NASP Certified Basic Archery Instructor Trainer

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2011, 06:26:01 PM »
I also bought Western Wa. archery elk tags I am planing on heading to Ilwaco 11/7 or so - 11/12 or so
:dunno:
Western
Washington
Archery
Nov. 23-Dec. 15  or

Nov. 23-Dec. 7

Hey, no competition on the 7th....   :chuckle:

Offline michaelpettersen82

• Pilgrim
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2011, 03:31:58 PM »
Hi everyone. I am new to the Issaquah/Sammamish area, originally from Minnesota and love bird hunting. Duck, Grouse, Pheasant any kind of birds really. I was wondering if anyone near my area was intrested in bird hunting and if they would like to meet up for some good old fashioned bird hunting. I have all my own equipment besides the most important thing needed for bird hunting, A DOG!!!!! Please reply if you wouldn't mind an experienced hunter tagging along with you.

Offline mickalder

• Tracker
  • yeehaww!!!howdy y'all!!
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2011, 04:03:25 PM »
Well I would just love to just go out and bag a deer, and live in the Lake Stevens, and willing to drive some, but hubby and 3 kids say mama can't go out alone, grrr so hoping to be out for opening season next saturday for modern firearm and deer.  Any takers??!! I wouldn't mind going out and helping out for an elk hunt, if i could get some meat in return or bear, or someone to help me bag some game and sharing what I shoot, but due to being a full time teacher I am only available on the weekends.  Good hunting to all!!
mickey

Offline zpoolman

• Tracker
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2011, 07:48:02 AM »
ooops  yea I meant December  not Nov. so 12/1 or 12/8 for a week.

Offline ratherbefishin

• Pilgrim
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2011, 03:16:31 PM »
Hey gentleman, I am new to the board and looking for a hunting partner. I am a bow hunter and this was my first season hunting for deer and did manage to get a blacktail. :tup:

I am planning on taking the week after Thanksgiving off and trying to fill my Western Washington Archery Elk tag. Is anyone going out that needs another body?

I live on Whidbey Island and can travel anywhere. I am 42 years old, married with 3 kids and gainfully employed. (I feel like I'm applying for a spot on the dating game or something...) :chuckle:

Looking forward to hearing from anyone.

Thanks,
-Dale
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 05:41:54 PM by ratherbefishin »
-Dale

Offline wonder

• Hunter
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2011, 12:13:55 PM »
Hey Ratherbefishin, I have a hunting partner (my 7 year old) but wouldn't mind getting together with somebody for the late Western Elk Archery hunt.  I live in Marysville and there's not much close to here for us to hunt.  :dunno: Like you I'm married and have 3 kids so I know how busy you are.  I have a sorta committed hunting partner but he hasn't really given me the green light that he's in for the late hunt.  Send me a PM on what your plans might be.  Late hunt starts the day before Thanksgiving and goes until the 15th of December depending on which units you want to hunt.

Offline tatatumpi

• Tracker
  • Hunter for life!
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2011, 11:09:23 PM »
Hello, I live in Bellevue and I am new to the area. I grew up hunting and fishing with my father and I did hunt with a group of friends for a few years in Oregon, doing waterfoul, deer and elk. Due to living in Nashville TN for a while and moving to Seattle 4 years ago with a busy schedule, kept me from going hunting and pursue what I love to do. Throughout the last few years I sold a couple of guns and now I am back to the "roots" using a 12 gauge for all hunting (just like my father did). I am in the market to purchase a 30-06 at the end of the season ;) . I am looking for a hunting partner for weekends, someone who knows some places around here (I'm willing to drive some distances too), with some experience and is trustworthy. I am open for hunting all year but would be really nice to take advantage of the deer and elk season now as well the waterfoul season until the end of the year.I am responsible, trustworthy, safe and will be a pleasure to share expenses.Please let me know what you think.Tibi

Offline tatatumpi

• Tracker
  • Hunter for life!
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2011, 10:55:18 PM »
hi every one, i want a hunting partner.

Still wanting a hunting partner?...I'm new to the area and I would love to do some hunting, I posted about looking for a hunting partner or group but no response yet. I am responsible, safe and will be my pleasure to share expenses. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Tibi PS: I live in Bellevue

Offline TommyH

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2011, 07:36:28 PM »
Can't believe how hard it is to find someone to hunt with. I have thousands of acres of private land to hunt for bear/deer too
Someone that will put in the time and effort too :tup:
you had me at thousands of acres! lol
:yeah: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline daveyjr

• Pilgrim
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2011, 01:01:23 PM »
  Hello  All,
I am heading out Tuesday very early morning from Lake Stevens for Elk (primary)/ deer late bow season in southwest Washington. Tuesday planning on scouting some select areas in 503, 505, 520, 506,530 and hunting opener Wednesday. No partner around this year (he has bad knee) and I have been working out of town so haven't been scouting since July. Will go back for Thursday for family dinner and head back Friday early so  I am in the field by daylight. I am behind the ball this year. Last season hunted Elk 673, 672, 660, 506, 530 (more gates closed this year) seen quite a few no good shots, got my deer at 621 last year early season. So if anyone is going to be out or wants to meet out there let me know.
Dave

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw