collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Want to go hunting?  (Read 144257 times)

Offline Threebyfour

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Here they come to snuff the rooster,,, oh yeah.
Re: Want to go hunting?
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2011, 05:31:30 PM »
Hey everybody, my name is Dan and im not so new to elk hunting, all the guys i hunted with have moved on to different seasons so i dont really have any huntin partners left. I've got a westside archery tag, Im fairly good at tracking, ive got modern archery equipment and know how to handle it well. (lots of practice time) im strong and able to hike and pack long distances. been hunting elk for about twevle years with some succsess, still havent killed a bull but meat is meat. I'm very in tune with sharing the kill with anyone involved in the hunt. It was a tough year for deer for me me so it would be great to put some elk in the freezer. So if anybody knows where the critters live and need a birddog in the thick stuff im your guy. Shoot me a pm and lets talk.
Never give up, he will show up.

Offline quadcrazy69

• Hunter
    • http://www.facebook.com/mike.low.376
  • Groups: NWTF, MDF, RMEF,
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2012, 12:44:57 PM »
I'm hunting the Blue Mountains West special permit for Whitetail from November 7 - 19, 2012. Looking for a hunting partner, especially if you've hunted the Blue's.

Offline bronczilla

• Tracker
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2012, 08:23:21 AM »
Looking to go out for bear this season but my wife will not let me go unless I have a hunting partner. Anyone interested in going out to Gold Bar area? Im located in Marysville.

Offline Dhoey07

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
    • No Facebook for this guy
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2012, 08:34:41 AM »
If anyone wants to chase some grouse around before modern deer, let me know.  I have a good spot if you do!  I live in Spokane

Offline Maverick

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2012, 10:09:32 AM »
Blue or ruff grouse?

Offline Dhoey07

• Frontiersman
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2012, 10:15:11 AM »
Blue or ruff grouse?

Ruffs and spruce.  I'm not giving away my blue grouse spots, they're too close to my deer hunting.

Offline TommyH

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2012, 10:22:25 AM »
Blue or ruff grouse?

Ruffs and spruce.  I'm not giving away my blue grouse spots, they're too close to my deer hunting.

Spruce? Didnt know we had them here! :dunno: Seens tons in Ak. but havent seen one here. They have the red by the eye, correct? :dunno:

Offline Dhoey07

• Frontiersman
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2012, 12:23:27 PM »
Blue or ruff grouse?

Spruce? Didnt know we had them here! :dunno: Seens tons in Ak. but havent seen one here. They have the red by the eye, correct? :dunno:

Yup, we got them in the NE corner.  Spruce do have the red comb above their eye and then males are really dark, almost black. 

Offline Maverick

• Sourdough
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2012, 01:02:06 PM »
Dang I'm tired of shooting ruffs! Haha. Never seen a spruce before. Of course I mostly hunt the blues.

Offline bmccalister

• Brent McCalister
  • Hunter
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2012, 04:35:36 PM »
I am looking for someone to go elk hunting with during bow season I am available from September 6th to the 12th. I am fairly new to bow hunting and transitioning from modern firearm.
IAFF Local F-282

Offline koolminx

• Tracker
    • https://www.facebook.com/gary.kitchens.5
    • Classy K Auto
  • Groups: NAHC NAFC
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2012, 04:52:26 PM »
I want to eventually hunt Lion and Bear and need a partner, the only requirements are that you either be as good or a better shot than I or at the very least a slower runner....   :)

Can't wait to hunt again after all these years away!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:05:54 PM by koolminx »
Those who assume that I assume are going to eventually approach the conclusive event where their conclusion will be that I'm not assuming anything!

Offline Korichnovui

• Pilgrim
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2012, 08:57:53 PM »
Hi all,

I'm a new hunter, actually haven't gone yet. Took me a whole freakin' year to get into a hunter safety class that jived with my work schedule and didn't fill up instantly.

My brother-in-law recently moved to Washington from Iowa, where he was a big-time hunter. He does bow and modern, deer / elk / pheasant. We are trying to get into hunting here. Me, I'm a complete novice, and him, he's trying to find some good places. My understanding is that he's been getting pretty discouraged because he doesn't know where to go. I understand that hunters have a sort of etiquette that they don't give away their hunting spots, makes perfect sense to me, but also leaves us, new to Washington, pretty mystified on where to go.

We live in Tri-Cities Richland/Kennewick/Pasco. This weekend we are going into the blues to a place my brother-in-law has scouted out but he doesn't seem very confident that there's a lot of deer where he's going.

I was hoping to get some advice on how to go about finding a decent place to hunt. I appreciate the importance of "boots on the ground" scouting places out, looking for deer sign, etc, but how do you know where to go in the first place?? What methods do you recommend for finding a good spot? What methods can be employed to effectively approach private landowners? Just looking for advice, thanks in advance for any input.

Offline Caseyd

• Site Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2012, 09:04:21 PM »
Hi all,

I'm a new hunter, actually haven't gone yet. Took me a whole freakin' year to get into a hunter safety class that jived with my work schedule and didn't fill up instantly.

My brother-in-law recently moved to Washington from Iowa, where he was a big-time hunter. He does bow and modern, deer / elk / pheasant. We are trying to get into hunting here. Me, I'm a complete novice, and him, he's trying to find some good places. My understanding is that he's been getting pretty discouraged because he doesn't know where to go. I understand that hunters have a sort of etiquette that they don't give away their hunting spots, makes perfect sense to me, but also leaves us, new to Washington, pretty mystified on where to go.

We live in Tri-Cities Richland/Kennewick/Pasco. This weekend we are going into the blues to a place my brother-in-law has scouted out but he doesn't seem very confident that there's a lot of deer where he's going.

I was hoping to get some advice on how to go about finding a decent place to hunt. I appreciate the importance of "boots on the ground" scouting places out, looking for deer sign, etc, but how do you know where to go in the first place?? What methods do you recommend for finding a good spot? What methods can be employed to effectively approach private landowners? Just looking for advice, thanks in advance for any input.

This late in the game, your behind for access to private land.

I'd stick to the public land that you have already scouted. Theres deer in the Blues. A lot of land and its thick. Get out and have fun  :tup:

Offline Korichnovui

• Pilgrim
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2012, 09:20:25 PM »
Yeah we have plans for this year but I'm still hoping to get some general advice for next year, particularly how to approach private landowners in general, what is good and what may be perceived as bad.

Offline nwpentax

• Pilgrim
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2012, 06:52:15 PM »
I'd  also be curious to hear about general etiquette for getting permission to hunt private lands.  I would like to work with a landowner or two from early in the year so I could get to know the area and game.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]