collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Want to go hunting?  (Read 144308 times)

Offline prperrigo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
  • Groups: wac, nra
Re: Want to go hunting?
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2012, 02:15:51 PM »
Who's hunting 4601?

Offline elsherono

• Pilgrim
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2012, 05:46:29 PM »
I am new to hunting and would like to start with pheasant. Is there anyone in or near the tri cities who would be able to help me learn the ropes?

Offline Lasivian

• Pilgrim
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2012, 11:12:45 PM »
Hello, I'm new to Washington (Seattle) but I hunted a great deal of small game and birds in Arizona.

I would like to get into deer hunting but I have almost zero experience with that. (My family back in AZ tried to go deer hunting and came home empty handed 15 years in a row)

I need to get the WA hunter safety course done (Born in 1973, one year too late, pfft) but I've got a nice .308 rifle.

Hoping to find some folks that wouldn't mind a lone tag-along.

Thanks.

Offline txguyinwa

• Looking forward to getting my 1st Trophy!
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2012, 05:13:09 AM »
I'm looking to Tag-a-long with someone as I haven't been hunting since I was 13-14 with my step-father(r.i.p) in Kansas (Stevens County)  I am 27 soon to be 28.  The only thing I have right now is a bow and 1 arrow with a broken broad head that was given to me by a friend a few years ago.  I've never used it.  Anywho I would just like to get the feel for it again, whenever time permits.  I also have no hunting gear whatsoever.  I live on Fort Lewis.

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2012, 07:26:02 AM »
I'm looking to Tag-a-long with someone as I haven't been hunting since I was 13-14 with my step-father(r.i.p) in Kansas (Stevens County)  I am 27 soon to be 28.  The only thing I have right now is a bow and 1 arrow with a broken broad head that was given to me by a friend a few years ago.  I've never used it.  Anywho I would just like to get the feel for it again, whenever time permits.  I also have no hunting gear whatsoever.  I live on Fort Lewis.

First step would be to take the bow to an archery shop and have it looked at to see if it is useable.  Then, get some arrows and start practicing.  Aiming for next season is probably your best bet unless you can get on this quickly and take to the bowshooting since there is only a month left of the archery deer season.  Good luck.

Offline txguyinwa

Re: Re: Want to go hunting?
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2012, 11:36:01 AM »

First step would be to take the bow to an archery shop and have it looked at to see if it is useable.  Then, get some arrows and start practicing.  Aiming for next season is probably your best bet unless you can get on this quickly and take to the bowshooting since there is only a month left of the archery deer season.  Good luck.

Thanks. I will have to find a place when I come back.  I'm in VA for OD ALC(BNCOC).  Would I have to go to a range to practice?

Sent From My HTC Rezound using Tapatalk!

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
Re: Re: Want to go hunting?
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2012, 09:49:19 PM »

Thanks. I will have to find a place when I come back.  I'm in VA for OD ALC(BNCOC).  Would I have to go to a range to practice?

Depends where you are living.  Some places have regs against shooting bows in residential areas, but many don't.

Offline txguyinwa

Re: Re: Re: Want to go hunting?
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2012, 02:50:45 AM »

Depends where you are living.  Some places have regs against shooting bows in residential areas, but many don't.

I actually live on North Fort about a 2 minute walk from American Lake.  I'm pretty sure they arent allowed to be shot on post. But i'll have to research more. Thanks

Offline Coug8

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: SCI, NRA
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2012, 11:14:10 AM »
Hi All,

I'm new to the Lake Stevens area and I'm learning to hunt (no family was into it).  I purchased a small game license and a migratory license as well.  I've read some great information on here about Ebey and Spencer Island as well as Headquarters.  Would love to learn from the many experts on here.

Offline Browncoat762

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: NRA,GOA,SAF
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2013, 04:24:43 AM »
I am brand new to hunting, did the online portion for the permit will be getting it finalized with the MIL ID when I get home. I am only in town 2-3 weeks at a time so Coyotes and other year round critters seems to be all that is available to me.

I am interested in where to hunt Yotes safely, and any tips. Does anyone know of a specific area that they would recommend for a newbie? I have been reading about scent and calls and from what I can tell a standard 223 AR with a 1x4 optic seems appropriate.  I really do not want to buy another gun at this point. The goal for this year is to start with varmints and hopefully work my way up to deer or elk in the fall if I can get home.

Cougar and Bobcat looks like fun, but probably not for the new guy. I would also be interested in learning how to scout and track Deer and other game. I am in North Seattle but can travel just about anywhere in the state. I expect to be home in about two weeks. I can help out with Gas and whatever.

regards

Offline sparkplug

• Pilgrim
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2013, 12:16:34 PM »
Anyone planning a pheasant ranch/preserve hunt to the eastside and looking to split gas? Or CC membership and want to bring guests? Thanks

Offline havoc1300

• Pilgrim
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2013, 12:39:42 PM »
Texas hog hunt May 20-23....Flight info Sea to San Antonio... Spot and Stalk Hunt..All you can shoot..My buddy cant make it, One spot available... if interested send pm ill fill you in on details

Offline SeaRun1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2013, 01:44:54 PM »
I am looking for a muzzleloader partner this year.  Have been mostly hunting the east side for the last five years and have been lucky enough to harvest some Mulies and a whitetail.

Wanted to stay closer to home this year and get a muzzleloader blacktail.  I will probably buy the multisession tag that I drew but rifle would be the back up plan.

Looking for someone that wants to get one and put in some effort.  I have summers off and fish a lot but could definitely allot some time for scouting.

I have a place to stay in Long Beach but was thinking of hunting closer as in the Shelton area or maybe Kitsap units?  Skokomish maybe?  I'm open I guess.

Interested?  Because we should start soon.

SR1

Offline Rksurfer

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: NRA, North American hunters product tester.
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2013, 02:43:12 PM »
I am new to hunting but I do a lot of hiking.
I live in the issauquah area but I'm wanting to hunt bear and deer mostly but im up for anything... i just need to put meat in the freezer. I am 26 and I garden and raise chickens for meat and eggs so all I need now is to hunt. Looking to riffle hunt the ryderwood area but I'm up for anything.. Please help! Where can I hunt?? And who needs a partner?

Offline BoyScout

• Pilgrim
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2013, 10:55:41 AM »
I recently got stationed in Western Washington and moved to the Silverdale area. I grew up hunting everything that I could on family owned land in Texas. I am looking to find some places to go hunting and/or some people to go with. Deer, ducks, small game and anything else that I can eat would be wonderful, but I will go hunting for anything legal if given the chance. At this point, I just miss being out in the woods with a gun in my hand. Any help would be appreciated.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal