collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Want to go hunting?  (Read 144282 times)

Offline Oos.Stanley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Re: Want to go hunting?
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2013, 11:56:59 AM »
I should also throw in there to either PM me or shoot me a text 208 577 0806
and thanks Ed for the help

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2013, 04:28:05 PM »
I should also throw in there to either PM me or shoot me a text 208 577 0806
and thanks Ed for the help

:tup:

Offline Smossy

• Illiterate Woodsman
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Slow down and enjoy the moment.
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2013, 04:34:49 PM »
I want to hunt! Me to me to!
One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.

Offline Dhoey07

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
    • No Facebook for this guy
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2013, 05:01:36 PM »
Anybody quail or Hun hunting next weekend?

Offline Moose4545

• Pilgrim
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2013, 01:47:06 PM »
anyone want to go pheasant or duck hunting in the tri cities area?

Offline stryker1976

• Pilgrim
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2013, 12:45:09 PM »
i'm looking to go out elk and/or turkey hunting. the season is opening this weekend if anybody else wants to go let me know.  i am a Soldier stationed at Ft Lewis and this will be my first year hunting so if you have experience and don't mind teaching me then shoot me a messege and let's get going. thanks

Offline Rakkasan00

• Tracker
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2013, 10:22:09 AM »
I'm a Vet and getting back into hunting after a lot of years in hiatus, I am up to hunting whatever and wherever I can get to most of the year as long as my schedule allows. Hit me up if you want to get out. I'm in Maple Valley and will travel. I'm heading out this weekend for Turkey's in Eastern Washington. PM me if you want to join us.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 09:48:50 PM by Rakkasan00 »

Offline Army Guy

• Pilgrim
    • https://www.facebook.com/
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2014, 09:09:11 AM »
I was hoping to shoot some coyotes.  Anyone going...?

Offline Rakkasan00

• Tracker
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2014, 11:51:38 AM »
Oh yea! Just sent a PM

Offline troyspinetar

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2014, 06:47:05 PM »
Hunting partner wanted for archery Elk early season (East side 352 Nile unit). I am 32, live in Lake Stevens. Avid hunter, however this is my first archery hunt of any creature...
No smoking, no drinking. I have my own truck and camper.
I planned to go solo for the entire first week of September (2nd through 6th, coming home on the 7th), and still am planning that however I thought maybe somebody out there is heading over for the same hunt at the same time.
Possibly arrive a day or two before it opens. I like to get out away from the roads...cover ground on foot or mountain bike.
PM me if you want to chat.
Thanks.

Offline NWRookie

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2014, 03:17:55 PM »
I am new to hunting in Washington but was able to hunt for both BT and elk last year. I did not have any luck with either so will be looking to scout out a different area of the state, probably the Blue Mtns of southeastern Wa. I met a couple nice people but they are out of my league when it comes to keeping up with them and their kids.
I am 57, non smoker, one drink in camp is fine, will put some distance in but not able to hike 15 miles a day. If anyone wants to join either on a scouting trip or two or the hunt, I welcome the company. Not easy to break into a hunting camp. Also, I am not set on where I am going to hunt. I have some suggestions on where to scout but if someone has a honey hole, I would be glad to drive. I get an F150 4X4 from work with a full tank of gas to start with so that will help with costs.
Neil
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 11:33:56 AM by NWRookie »

Offline krzy4elk

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: RMEF NAHC CCA PSA
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2014, 12:22:54 PM »
    Howdy  NW Rookie,  Just read your post today. I would be glad to join you on either the scouting trip or the hunt.  I'm  63 next month, non-smoker,have'nt hunted in a few years. Maybe we could get together for a cup of coffee and discuss this further.   I work swing shift,so between 9 & noon would work for me.  Live in the Auburn area.     Bob

Offline blazenfish

• Tracker
« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2014, 07:46:11 PM »
Well the short I am interested in doing the high hunt and want either someone that wants someone to go along with them or I can provide the truck and I have some gear was just going to tent it. Or whatever. But could use a hunting partner or advice were to go... feel free to pm. I have all the time I'm a disabled vet I use modern and I can go anytime.

Offline Still Learning

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: NRA, GHSC
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2014, 12:48:16 PM »
I want to go hunting.  Modern Firearm, elk, west side to be exact.  Grew up hunting elk with my family in OR, but haven't gone since I've been in WA because I didn't have anyone to go with.  I decided not to let that stop me this year. 

I live in Gig Harbor, and am looking for someone to point me in the right direction.  Could someone just tell me which units around Kitsap/Pierce/Mason counties or the Olympic peninsula have elk AND public access?  I know how to scout and hunt, I just need to know a ballpark where. 

General ideas, or an offer to get together would be greatly appreciated. 

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2014, 01:16:01 PM »
I want to go hunting.  Modern Firearm, elk, west side to be exact.  Grew up hunting elk with my family in OR, but haven't gone since I've been in WA because I didn't have anyone to go with.  I decided not to let that stop me this year. 

I live in Gig Harbor, and am looking for someone to point me in the right direction.  Could someone just tell me which units around Kitsap/Pierce/Mason counties or the Olympic peninsula have elk AND public access?  I know how to scout and hunt, I just need to know a ballpark where. 

General ideas, or an offer to get together would be greatly appreciated.
http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/prospects/  Click on districts 15-17 for the areas you're asking about.
Most of the elk that can be hunted for the areas you're asking about will be located on the western half of the peninsula.  There's some elk on the eastern half, but they tend to be permit.  The regs say kitsap is open, but I don't know when the last time an elk was seen in Kitsap.  624 has season, but they like to stay tucked away in the elk area and rarely wander out.  You can head out to the DNR land in 603 and work your way west and south through all kinds of DNR and Forest Circus land.  601,602, 603, 607, 612, 615, 618, 638 and 648 are all open and have some kind of land that is either FS or DNR.  Some units like 607 get bow and muzzy season before rifle and it can get a lot of pressure before you even start.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 01:58:15 PM by JimmyHoffa »

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal