collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Want to go hunting?  (Read 143915 times)

Offline BowBa Fett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Re: Want to go hunting?
« Reply #165 on: October 10, 2019, 08:38:53 AM »
I’m new to hunting in WA. I have a rifle tag for Elk this year. Would love to join an experienced hunter to learn the ropes. I also have access to JBLM if anyone wants to join me. I’m in Yelm but traveling is no issue. Trying to take advantage of being stationed out here and experiencing the beauty of this state. Thank you.
Do Or Die

Offline ErikClineschmidt

• Pilgrim
  • Looking for Hunting Partner
Reliable, Great Attitude Noobie Here
« Reply #166 on: September 05, 2020, 06:24:07 AM »
I'm married and haven't done a personal ad in years, but here we go...

If you are willing to share your time and knowledge, you'll make a good friend and hunting partner.

I'm 52, over on Bainbridge Island (long timer). No one in my family hunts or fishes, so I am diving in on my own. I am RELIABLE, easy-going and willing to work for it. New to hunting, not new to the outdoors with experience hiking, camping, mountaineering.

Looking to hunt for upland birds and large game, need advice and someone to hunt with. I do some fly fishing, too. I can hunt mid-week (preferred) or weekends, and enjoy traveling the state seeing new places and having great adventures.

Recently purchased a hunting rifle (30-06). Also have a 12 gauge & a 357 handgun for protection. For next season, I plan to bow hunt as well.

Geared up and ready to do this....
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 06:04:51 AM by ErikClineschmidt »
DM me onX: Erik Clineschmidt

Offline blenz

• Pilgrim
« Reply #167 on: September 25, 2020, 12:26:02 PM »
Hi everyone!

I'm a new hunter and new to Washington State (been here for a year) and I'm looking to do some modern firearm hunting in Western Washington. I've got a rifle and have put in enough time at the range to the point where I am starting to feel comfortable at ranges of 100 yards. I have a bear, cougar, elk, and deer tag and I'm happy to go after any of them! I'm looking for a partner or mentor is who is willing to accompany me out into the field - would rather not go on my first few hunts alone! My other hobbies are hiking and running trails in the back country so I'm definitely physically fit enough that I won't be a liability.

Definitely looking for feedback from more experienced hunters so that I can improve. I'm very motivated and looking to take the deep dive into the hobby and getting out into the field!

I'm located in Seattle, but I have a car and am willing to travel wherever in Western Washington. My availability is mostly weekends at this point.

Look forward to hearing from you all!

Offline alepocalypse

• Pilgrim
« Reply #168 on: March 08, 2021, 09:32:49 PM »
Hi. I live in Seattle but grew up in Spokane/TC. I don’t have any hunters in my social circle. I picked up my fish and game licenses, a benelli nova, and two turkey tags. But, I haven’t touched a firearm since exiting the service 10 years ago.

I’m looking to learn how to hunt/fish and would appreciate any guidance or opportunities to tag along on either.

For starters, I’m think I’m gonna try and catch something from Greenlake once it gets stocked this month.

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #169 on: March 08, 2021, 09:42:54 PM »
It's a humpy year...pink salmon....slam dunk action. Pm me your info.....always happy to give back to our service men and women. No gear needed sir, I got you covered.  :tup:

Offline BD1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #170 on: March 08, 2021, 09:51:46 PM »
H2O is the real deal...I would take him up on the offer...and thank you for your service as well  :tup:

Offline run870

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #171 on: March 21, 2021, 06:10:02 PM »
Hey everyone, been doing tons of reading on this site and have been pouring over maps, but I have almost no friends that hunt and would like to change that! My brother hunts but moved back to CO (where I am from and where the mulies and elk are plentiful). I have a compound bow and a 12 gauge and live in the Seattle area.

I am willing to drive / split gas (no truck, just my RAV4), plan trips and burn boot leather. My interests are turkeys, deer, grouse and ducks. I am a big fan of giving before getting and leaving places cleaner than I found them. For sure willing to trade work for access or contribute any way I can in exchange for mentorship. I'm coachable, reliable and independent, just looking for like minded folks to share the outdoors with mostly.

Thanks!

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #172 on: March 21, 2021, 06:12:53 PM »
It's a humpy year...pink salmon....slam dunk action. Pm me your info.....always happy to give back to our service men and women. No gear needed sir, I got you covered.  :tup:

Ditto on that, I'm also more than willing to take service men & women out.  Knock on wood there should be plenty of action this year.  I'll post on the open seat thread when we get there as well.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2021, 07:58:58 AM »
Hey everyone, been doing tons of reading on this site and have been pouring over maps, but I have almost no friends that hunt and would like to change that! My brother hunts but moved back to CO (where I am from and where the mulies and elk are plentiful). I have a compound bow and a 12 gauge and live in the Seattle area.

I am willing to drive / split gas (no truck, just my RAV4), plan trips and burn boot leather. My interests are turkeys, deer, grouse and ducks. I am a big fan of giving before getting and leaving places cleaner than I found them. For sure willing to trade work for access or contribute any way I can in exchange for mentorship. I'm coachable, reliable and independent, just looking for like minded folks to share the outdoors with mostly.

Thanks!
Here are 2 great organizations that you could benifit from. Washington waterfowl Association. The seattle chapter meets at the kenmore gun club and i think they have an in person combo zoom meeting. They are on Facebook and have a website.

Silver Arrow Bowmen in Mount Vernon. The best range in Wa, Im a tad bit biased. Membership is cheep! 50 target walk through course, indoor range, and depending on where in Seatown you live not that far away. We have/had members from Seattle to BC. It is where i shoot, have made great friends for hunting and shooting. Also on social media.

Both orgs have dedicated threads about them on here under organizations, charities and events.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline mcrawfordaf

• Longhunter
  • PF, RGS, INWWC, SBDA, NWTF
« Reply #174 on: April 05, 2021, 11:18:18 AM »
Hey all. My son and I did some scouting around Rustler's Gulch/West Branch Wild Life Area last year. I bumped a doe and we heard some turkey into late summer and interested in getting deeper into the area as it doesn't seem heavily trafficked for hunting.

Horseshoe Lake has the West Branch of the Little Spokane running through it and out down about 4.5 miles through the Wild Life Area and into Eloika lake. My father's house is on the N end of Eloika.

Does anyone know if this portion of the creek can be paddled (canoe)? The wildlife area has no overnight camping and I feel like launching at Horse Shoe and traveling down to my Dad's on Eloika would be the quickest and most accessible way to reach the inner portion of the hunting area.

Anyone have any experience or thoughts on this area? I'd primarily be interested in calling in a spring turkey.

Offline Bmullis09

• Pilgrim
    • Brian Mullis
« Reply #175 on: July 28, 2021, 08:30:24 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm a new hunter located down in the Vancouver area. I fully intended to plan out a solo hunt for this fall and have done a ton of research, but I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed and decided I'd see if anyone is looking for a hunting partner on here. I'm 36 and I was in the Marines, so I'm not new to firearms and have a 30-06, a compound bow that I have been practicing with for a couple of years now, and all of my own gear. I haven't bought any tags yet, so I'm open to any weapon/species, and willing to travel within the state.

I appreciate this community and have found the info on here to be a great resource so far. Thanks

Offline Axistails

• Women's Board
  • Pilgrim
  • Groups: USN, NRA, Central Whidbey Sportsman's Association
« Reply #176 on: September 04, 2021, 07:00:24 PM »
Good idea. I’m somewhat new to the Washington area, primary hunt in Texas where my husband is from, we are both in the navy and stationed on Oak Harbor.
“Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Wphunt

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #177 on: December 14, 2021, 08:15:24 PM »
Hey all. My son and I did some scouting around Rustler's Gulch/West Branch Wild Life Area last year. I bumped a doe and we heard some turkey into late summer and interested in getting deeper into the area as it doesn't seem heavily trafficked for hunting.

Horseshoe Lake has the West Branch of the Little Spokane running through it and out down about 4.5 miles through the Wild Life Area and into Eloika lake. My father's house is on the N end of Eloika.

Does anyone know if this portion of the creek can be paddled (canoe)? The wildlife area has no overnight camping and I feel like launching at Horse Shoe and traveling down to my Dad's on Eloika would be the quickest and most accessible way to reach the inner portion of the hunting area.

Anyone have any experience or thoughts on this area? I'd primarily be interested in calling in a spring turkey.

Too small to float. Access to all parts of the wildlife area is pretty easy, the 3 access points are pretty spread out. There are turkeys there, it gets hunted moderately hard from my experience.

Pm me if you want to scout or turkey hunt.
If a man does his best, what else is there?

Offline beagleup

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: NRA, Custer Sportsmens Club, American Brittany Club
« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2022, 01:34:15 PM »
Hello all,

I am new to the forum, thank you for accepting, very much looking forward to connect with fellow hunters!

Right now, I'm looking for a Chukar hunting partner that would like to meet up for occasional weekend hunts around Ellensburg or anywhere West of the Columbia that you would like to go.  I have been hunting alone so far this season, and I'm limited on terrain because I don't want to fall down/twist an ankle up there by myself and not have a partner for backup (or get stuck).  You fellow Chukar hunters know what I'm talking about, that country can be brutal.

I'm set up with:
- 3yo Brittany bird dog.. he's still learning but he points and has a good nose on him (although pretty weak on retrieval).  He's much more versed in pheasant but he's learning Chukar rather quickly.  Works very well with other dogs, does his job no matter who he's hunting with.
- F-250 4x4 pickup with canopy (does alright)
- I'm 48 years old and decent shape, can hunt a full day in the hills without too much problem (might take a break to huff and puff once in a while haha).
- I'm a student of the sport, easy going and always willing to take advice if you have any suggestions.
- Pretty flexible on schedule and willing to accommodate to my partner's availability, especially anytime after Christmas.

The season will be wrapping up soon for this year but I'd like to go at least one more time before the end of the month if anyone is interested.

My other hunting usually includes:
- Modern for elk around Naches
- Muzzleloader Deer (own property in Republic)
- Just started turkey hunting last year (there's usually a bunch on my property)
- Most of my pheasant hunting has been on the West side but I am also looking for insight on where to hunt wild pheasant on the east side as well!

Thank you, and happy hunting!

Offline Ammosmoke

• Pilgrim
    • I disabled my FB account, news feed on there was getting a little too toxic
  • Groups: GOA
« Reply #179 on: May 04, 2022, 01:54:24 PM »
Hey all,

I'll keep this fairly succinct, if you're interested in getting together send me a PM and we can further the discussion.

I'm 28, located in the Seattle area and have been hunting for about 3 years primarily for big game. So far I've been successful bowhunting/rifle hunting deer. I enjoy staying physically active, I hike and run regularly. This upcoming season I've managed to draw a multi-season deer tag and I'll be hunting Eastern Elk during archery season. I just started putting boots on the ground to scout for this upcoming season and I've got a few of my trail cams out with a couple more to go. Unfortunately none of my friends share what has become a semi-healthy addiction for hunting, so I'd love to meet another hunter who has a similar passion for getting after game.

My preferred hunting is with a bow but I run muzzleloaders and rifles as well. I'm a tinkerer, I've been handloading about 2 years and I load for quite a few popular calibers. I enjoy poring over maps and spending my weekends out exploring new hunting terrain. I'm former Army, definitely be interested in possibly hunting some other states for big game in the future.

If you're interested in hunting together send me a message and we can set up a day to go do some target shooting/get to know eachother.

Thanks,
-Karl
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 02:12:29 PM by Ammosmoke »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr