collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Little Natches compared to others  (Read 5042 times)

Offline Kent Hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Little Natches compared to others
« on: June 16, 2007, 05:57:27 PM »
Everyone seems to be real hot to go when it comes to dicussing special draw units and Margaret and the Watershed units seem to take up quite a bit of the talk.
 I have always hunted just deer here in Washington and decided that starting in 2007 I would start hunting elk. I'm now at the ripe old age of fifty. Better late then never huh??
 I remember as a young guy here in WA when they started with the special permits that the guys who hunted elk were always drooling about drawing a "Little Natches" permit. My question is, is this still the case?? Or are there other units that far surpass this unit when it comes to elk.
  What have some of you done success wise when it comes to drawing modern firearm permits for elk.
  Also a far as preference goes, in what order would you modern firearm hunters list the units when you put in for your Bull permits??
  Thanks,  Spike (Kent Hunter)

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
Re: Little Natches compared to others
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 06:13:56 PM »
What makes this unit such a great draw is the limited amount of permits(no competition) and the fact its rifle in the rut, which you just don't see in Washington.  Yes there are trophy bulls.  The only thought you should have is will I ever get drawn for this tag.  Would you rather have a shot at hunting every third year or so in some of the other units with trophy animals, or hunt every 20 years or so if you are lucky.

Offline Ridgerunner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 10:30:40 PM »
Boneaddict pretty much summed it up.  If you really want a nice bull in your lifetime I would seriously look out of state.  Lots of good opportunities in other states where a guy could draw a tag much faster than here in WA. 

Offline furface

• Pilgrim
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 10:55:10 AM »
The Little Natches is a tough draw but there are good Bulls there. My son harvested a very nice 6x6 a couple of years ago. It made the record book for youth at 294 and sum odd 8ths... 

Offline Otto1

• Scout
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 10:35:10 PM »
The Little Natches is a tough draw but there are good Bulls there. My son harvested a very nice 6x6 a couple of years ago. It made the record book for youth at 294 and sum odd 8ths... 

and I just so happen to have a picture of the very happy lil fur with his monster.

hope ya didnt mind me posting this Tom, If I remember correctly, its pretty steep!

Offline rackattack

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 05:16:47 AM »
OH, that picture will talk him out of applying for naches for sure. :chuckle:

Offline Muleyslyr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 10:53:46 AM »
LOL!!  Yea....I don't think that picture is gonna talk anyone into not applying for the unit.  ;)  Cools pics though.....

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal