collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolf Wars have moved to Washington  (Read 151570 times)

Offline DoubleJ

• YAR Nutcracker
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: Wolf Wars have moved to Washington
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 09:22:51 PM »
googling it now

Offline 3nails

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Frontiersman
    • Jeff Hinkle
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 09:31:12 PM »
I would like to know the real driving force behind the reintroduction.  What is the real reason they are pushing this so hard?
To put "balance" in natures hand so that hunters are'nt needed to control the animals. Then, since they won't need hunters, there will be less need for gun ownership. And no better way to control the people than disarming and brainwashing them.
Amadeo
https://www.youtube.com/@3nails337

Instagram    3nails_hinkle

Offline DoubleJ

• YAR Nutcracker
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 09:34:23 PM »
That's a crap plan.  These animals were almost erradicated for a reason and the reason for not reintroducing them remains the same today.

How many states down south have a "deer problem" because they have few natural predators?  What do those states do?  Look at Georgia.  A resident can spend $9 for a deer license, $16 for a 2 year license, or $500 for a lifetime license.  For that money, each hunter gets at least a 1 month hunting season, some counties are 4 months.  Bag limits for your $9, $16, or $500 is 10 antlerless AND 2 antlered deer, each season!

12 frickin' deer for $9.  That's how you manage an ungulate population without adding an invasive, un-needed species.

Offline waoutdoorsman

• Scout
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 09:34:35 PM »

[ To put "balance" in natures hand so that hunters are'nt needed to control the animals. Then, since they won't need hunters, there will be less need for gun ownership. And no better way to control the people than disarming and brainwashing them.

:yeah:
Chupacabra: Spanish for mangy coyote.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 09:35:07 PM »
I would like to know the real driving force behind the reintroduction.  What is the real reason they are pushing this so hard?
To put "balance" in natures hand so that hunters are'nt needed to control the animals. Then, since they won't need hunters, there will be less need for gun ownership. And no better way to control the people than disarming and brainwashing them.

3nails, you hit the nail on the head...  :chuckle:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline asl20bball

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2011, 09:41:36 PM »
I stongly disagree with the distribution of the 15 breeding pairs. I think each region should be examined independently and controlled regional hunts allowed after regional goals are met- NOT statewide. The way they have it proposed now will be to late for our states deer/elk in certain areas of the state not to mention the breeding pairs must be established for 3 years first. WOW! Our states animal populations regionally will be decimated by the time the proposed plan is met...not to mention the I-5 cooridor voters of this state will only hurt deer/elk/ranchers/cattle/hunters/ECONOMY even more by their inaction to allow the most proven game management method to be used- hunting.
Take up your bow, a quiver full of arrows, head out to the country and hunt some wild game.  GEN 27:3

Offline Wenatcheejay

• Past Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2011, 09:44:12 PM »

I believe we are being narrow minded. It is not just to eliminate the need for human hunting it is to eliminate the need for human interaction with the "Wildland" period. If the Game is eradicated we will no longer venture out there. Yes, the "Viewing Revenue" in bunk and also irrelevant. It is apples and oranges. The plan is to lower the numbers of some species to levels that are not sustainable. That is the plan, and or, the results. Next is the Ranchers, then the Farmers. Close the roads to logging. Corridors Complete. We are in a War folks, we need to wake up.
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

Offline DoubleJ

• YAR Nutcracker
  • Old Salt
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 09:47:12 PM »
So, what can be done?

1.  Vote our dems out of office?  Good luck with that.  Besides, having a conservative gov't body hasn't helped Montana or Idaho fight this battle.

2.  Voice our concerns?  Seems like after the past decade of doing this, it falls on deaf ears.'

3.  Try to work with those in power to come to an amicable resolution?  Doesn't seem like their interested.

4.  SSS?  Illegal if caught.  Tough to find the animals and probably too many to shoot, especially without getting caught.

I hate feeling like there is nothing that can be done but, I'm starting to feel like that about the wolves.

Offline Jack Diamond

• Scout
  • Groups: N.R.A., D.U.
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 10:04:51 PM »
wolves's? well they concern me. I run sheep and cattle on a pasture that is just west of the SR 17 line, so they may impact me,over and above the concern for wildlife.
However if we take the stance that there is nothing we can do, well you just surrendered my chance and yours. one voice in the wilderness is not heard, however voices united can and will be heard.
Join organizations that are fighting for our rights, not just H&F rights , but Livestock groups, and neighborhoods that will be impacted. Do Not resign yourself that nothing can be done.
Adapt, improvise,overcome

Enjoy American Lamb, 10,000 coyote's can't be wrong!

Offline Button Nubbs

• "Fish CSI"
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 10:23:07 PM »
15 pairs, then 30 pairs then 60 pairs. quality wolf, male wolf, female wolf, multi season wolf, wolf pup, high hunt wolf, west side or eastside wolf. thats about all well have left if they do this. we need wolves like id., wy., and mt. do. WHY! i ask you WHY?!
Team nubby!

Offline rebal69972

• Longhunter
  • wfw
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 10:27:46 PM »
wolfs.... NO. The state has enough predators.there taking bears and cougars out of  populated areas, it seems like its a weekly. you add a stronger predator like wolfs it just push the rest out. then theres the pray with 4 major predators theres not enough pray animals and oh yeah  :yeah:  all of that
I'm your huckleberry

Offline mulehunter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 10:35:28 PM »
All above.  :yeah:  1/4 public land Wa wont be enough room for all. But I still don't understand why Feds kept shoot GRIZZLY in MT. Why not open to make draw permits. I call whole those B.S. on wolves and Grizzles craps   They loves to play games over two special animals.  LOTS TAX WASTE.  :bash:

Mulehunter.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2011, 10:37:24 PM »
wolves's? well they concern me. I run sheep and cattle on a pasture that is just west of the SR 17 line, so they may impact me,over and above the concern for wildlife.
However if we take the stance that there is nothing we can do, well you just surrendered my chance and yours. one voice in the wilderness is not heard, however voices united can and will be heard.
Join organizations that are fighting for our rights, not just H&F rights , but Livestock groups, and neighborhoods that will be impacted. Do Not resign yourself that nothing can be done.
Many, but not all of the wolf lovers are naive, ill informed sheeple.  They can be educated, and may change their perspectives.  They've probably never seen a sheep get ripped apart by a wolf, and left to die unmercifully.  They're probably never considered the plight of the farmer or outfitter who has to lay off a worker, or sell his business because of lost revenues caused by wolves causing wildlife loss.  They don't understand the contributions that hunters have made to wildlife preservation, and how that is in jeopardy.

Reach out to them with clear logic, and the argument may turn in our favor.  Doing nothing is a cop out.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Labredog

• Tracker
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2011, 10:38:52 PM »
As mentioned earlier, it is a non native species. the wolf that they plan on managing (or trying to manage) is very large, and very aggressive. It does not even come close to resembling the wolves of past centuries. We as citizens of the state of Washington would be doing a great injustice to our existing animal populations by turning these things loose here. The first thing to happen would be a decline in the moose population (an easy winter kill for wolves), then the sheep and elk herds followed by the deer. You would think that the powers to be would have learned something from what happened in Idaho, declining moose and elk populations = reduced revenue from over the counter hunting license sales. It is sad what happened in the Selway Bitterroot, what were once proud majestic animals... bulls bugling... cows talking... sometimes even visible for more than a heartbeat have been pushed into an ever decreasing ecosystem, to cower in silence in the darkest timber while being constantly pushed and harassed by the wolves. And this is OK with animal rights groups??? The elk was historically a plains animal, so we have corralled them into smaller and smaller forests and now we are turning wild dogs loose on them???

:twocents::bdid: :bdid:
Anything can  be accomplished with Brute Force and Ignorance!

Offline hub

• Port Orchard
  • Hunter
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2011, 10:50:57 PM »
No,this state does not need any wolves. This is a passionate subject to me. Its just another way to stop hunters from enjoying there way of life. I do not want to pay for wolf protections and management with my tax money. I did all I could for Idaho and Montana by e-mailing the senate minority leader Mcollum, and my state senators for Wash. I will relentlessly bug my  state goverment elected officials and let them know how stupid it is to bring wolves into Wash. Everyone needs to let your elected officials know how you feel. Give the governor an ear full as well. And brother I,m a voter too. If you don,t vote the polititions ignore your e-mail. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]