collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolf Wars have moved to Washington  (Read 151651 times)

Offline Dave Workman

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Wolf Wars have moved to Washington
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2011, 05:19:11 AM »
Washington is new front in ‘Wolf war’

Evergreen State hunting activists are sounding the alarm in the wake of Saturday’s Fish & Wildlife Commission discussion in Olympia on the revised wolf management plan.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/washington-is-new-front-wolf-war

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence

Offline robertg

• Tracker
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2011, 06:29:30 AM »
its one of the worst ideas they have ever had. the wolves have been gone for so long that to reitroduce them is going to be MORE damaging to wildlife than if they never came here. it almost calls for a need to cut the state in half. westsiders are trying to make rules and implement things on the eastside, quite frankly i think because they will never have to personally deal with anything that passes. why are they so intent on placing wolves on the eastside? they have been found on the westside. why not plant 6 breeding pairs between bellevue and north bend? that way there, people who are pushing this will have to deal with the consequences of their actions. vote wolves in, they get dropped in YOUR backyard. you want them, perfect, you deal with them. dont try to push them on everyone else in the state where you will never deal with them. i think that with the ranchers and farmers, raising the prices of their goods would come as well. they start losing cattle, sheep, horses, pigs etc, the price per animal is going to have to go up so they can maintain their profit margin. we have plenty of predators with plenty of overbearing laws on them as it is, why add another, non- native species mind you, of predator that will make the current preds seem like kittens. they will destroy and decimate everything that people have worked for the last 60 years in the wildlife world. antelope, cya. bhs, cya. moose, cya. elk, deer, you guessed it, cya. we will go on outdoor hikes to look at bronze statues of what these animals looked like becuase there wont be any if these pukes have their way

I don't know where you are getting your misinformation from, but gray wolves are a NATIVE species and always have been.
you are what I refer to as a hippy, and supporting a invasive species is far worse than SSS :twocents:

Someone is a hippy because they speak the truth? Once again, gray wolves are very much a native species. You can keep on believing they are a non native species all you want, but that doesn't change the facts. Wolves are going to be in WA whether you want them or not. Shouting "sss" is not doing the hunters side any good.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2011, 07:45:01 AM »
its one of the worst ideas they have ever had. the wolves have been gone for so long that to reitroduce them is going to be MORE damaging to wildlife than if they never came here. it almost calls for a need to cut the state in half. westsiders are trying to make rules and implement things on the eastside, quite frankly i think because they will never have to personally deal with anything that passes. why are they so intent on placing wolves on the eastside? they have been found on the westside. why not plant 6 breeding pairs between bellevue and north bend? that way there, people who are pushing this will have to deal with the consequences of their actions. vote wolves in, they get dropped in YOUR backyard. you want them, perfect, you deal with them. dont try to push them on everyone else in the state where you will never deal with them. i think that with the ranchers and farmers, raising the prices of their goods would come as well. they start losing cattle, sheep, horses, pigs etc, the price per animal is going to have to go up so they can maintain their profit margin. we have plenty of predators with plenty of overbearing laws on them as it is, why add another, non- native species mind you, of predator that will make the current preds seem like kittens. they will destroy and decimate everything that people have worked for the last 60 years in the wildlife world. antelope, cya. bhs, cya. moose, cya. elk, deer, you guessed it, cya. we will go on outdoor hikes to look at bronze statues of what these animals looked like becuase there wont be any if these pukes have their way

I don't know where you are getting your misinformation from, but gray wolves are a NATIVE species and always have been.
you are what I refer to as a hippy, and supporting a invasive species is far worse than SSS :twocents:

Someone is a hippy because they speak the truth? Once again, gray wolves are very much a native species. You can keep on believing they are a non native species all you want, but that doesn't change the facts. Wolves are going to be in WA whether you want them or not. Shouting "sss" is not doing the hunters side any good.

What subspecies are you speaking of?  Or are you "A wolf is a wolf is a wolf type. That would determine if the "facts" are true or not
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline Jack Diamond

• Scout
  • Groups: N.R.A., D.U.
« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2011, 07:54:29 AM »
well what do we do now, this "wolf advisory" board can not possibly be the last and binding word concerning wolves?? can it?
Is there a lawyer on the forum,familiar with WDFW weaknesses.
I believe we sure could use some help??

Most interesting thread of the year. We need to apply for endangered specie's protection
Adapt, improvise,overcome

Enjoy American Lamb, 10,000 coyote's can't be wrong!

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Old Salt
« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2011, 07:58:43 AM »
Of the 65,000 responses for public input, 50,000 were form letters from out of state. They weigh/mean as much as any input from you or I.
Even though the comment period is over, new comments will be catalogued and archived.

Public Input:

Jasmine ******
Is with Conservation NW and was happy to work with an “incredible process and proud of the work over the last 3 years”. But she felt that the F&W wolf plan “was the minimum that could be done and still maintain scientific credibility”. She also said that the new provisions for lethal take “dilutes the scientific credibility”.  She is concerned that the Ungulate/predator plans provide lethal removal to wolves to save ungulates and that “ they will look into and monitor” that plan. She said that WA is not Wyoming and hopes that we can be leaders in wolf management.

Hillary ****** (Jasmines assistant)
Said she was a college biology student from Monroe who had horses/chickens, a small farm basically. She supports the wolf plan, but says, “though extensive, it is a start”. She said she was glad that F&W “are making steps – not like Wyoming” and then reiterated that the wolf plan was “a start”.

I found it interesting that a Commission member sought out and spent time with both these women before and after the wolf portion of the meeting.

Which one??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dane *****
He states he is a diverse military man from the other side of the country who has traveled extensively and has listened to many opinions on this issue. He says “WA is green and known for it so what is that statement without action”. He wants F&W to “consider all non lethal options to promote numbers for a sustainable population of wolves”. Then he went on to mention that he looked up many non lethal options and commented about all the trees in WA and how we should protect them as well.

Gunners mate?
 Great people, my father was a chief gunners mate in the in the Pacific in WWII!

Some of you will get my drift on my last statement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------   Donna *****“key improvements are needed” and that the “numbers are too low”. The numbers “seem to be not sufficient for a sustainable population”. She “strongly urges” them to
consider higher numbers”. She also want the coast to be it’s own (additional recovery area and cited studies that state the coast “can hold up to 60 wolves”. She wants elk in the Olympic National Park “to control elk damage to the riparian zone”. She also wants to repeal the “caught in the act provisions. She also stated that the commission should “consider the economic value of eco-tourism”.

Eco WHAT? If I was to go eco touring ,I would not go to the smallest state west of the Mississippi with over 6 million population and expect to find it  a perfect ecosystem

Looks like the wilderness society was well represented
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline Curly

• Legend
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2011, 08:03:53 AM »
Do the wolf people want the wolves to starve to death?  There isn't enough deer, and elk for the number of wolves they want here.

Then the one comment about wanting more wolves and more trees.  WTF, get a clue Dane.  If they cut more trees, there would be more deer and elk and more food for your beloved wolves. :bash:
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline 3nails

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Frontiersman
    • Jeff Hinkle
« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2011, 08:04:33 AM »
 I honestly believe the tribes are our best hope. These wolves will threaten the hunting that they depend on as well. If they united and sued to stop it or just to have a better plan to control them, I believe they'd win. Maybe this could be a way to bring native and non-native outdoorsmen together. I just can't resign myself to the "it's going to happen, so shut up and take your medicine" attitude. Sounds defeatest.
Amadeo
https://www.youtube.com/@3nails337

Instagram    3nails_hinkle

Offline danderson

• Hunter Education Instructor
  • Sourdough
    • elkhornarchers
« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2011, 08:05:51 AM »
Is this wolf working group in e-burg a open meeting to the public, and does anyone have the agenda for the meeting.

Offline TheHunt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2011, 08:12:57 AM »
I think out of state comments should not allowed.   Worthless comments!!!
275 down 2

Offline stumprat

• Sourdough
« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2011, 08:16:12 AM »
I think out of state comments should not allowed.   Worthless comments!!!

We went through this with the hound issue. The WDFW recieves federal money. Because of that they have to recognize all comments.
They can also give no weighted preference for in state or out of state comments.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 08:29:22 AM by adnahoundsman »

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2011, 08:20:38 AM »
http://mainehuntingtoday.com/bbb/2011/05/24/dr-valerius-geist-address-boone-crockett-on-hydatid-disease/

Good article, Bob. If Valerius Geist says it, I believe it. I've read a lot of books and articles by him, and he's why I am so adamantly against game farming. It's pathetic how the wolf lovers conveniently overlook the issue of hydatid disease.

Offline Jack Diamond

• Scout
  • Groups: N.R.A., D.U.
« Reply #132 on: June 05, 2011, 08:22:40 AM »
 :yeah:
Adapt, improvise,overcome

Enjoy American Lamb, 10,000 coyote's can't be wrong!

Offline stumprat

• Sourdough
« Reply #133 on: June 05, 2011, 08:28:31 AM »
Dale,
Judging by the public comments I heard at the meeting. Your group should be attending every meeting until this thing is finalized. 

My only suggestion is. When you guys speak to the commission. Make sure to leave out any emotion you may have pertaining to this issue. And make damned sure that all comments are fact based. If you let your emotions get out of check at these meetings. It just hurts any chance of being taken seriously. Comments to the commission should be well thought out and written out to stay on topic.

Unfortunately the wolf issue is what it is. They WILL be here to stay. The hurdle now will be. Countering the wolf lovers, to keep the numbers as low as possible. And the number of zones to thier current numbers.

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Old Salt
« Reply #134 on: June 05, 2011, 08:34:07 AM »
I think you are all wrong! Including BP! This is not about the wolves or if they belong here. Wolves have been here for a long time. Just look thought Wolfbaits past posts that have 3rd party documentation about wolves in this state. Often they are article from newspapers like the Seattle times or PI with questions posed to WDFW employees.
Today its wolves, Yesterday it was the spotted owl, and tomorrow? Maybe the wolverine... Animals are a TOOL and the ESA is the weapon. The facts are on our side in regards to wolves, just as they prove that spotted owls are in danger from other owls not timber cutting.
This issue is about $$$. The $$ made by "Nonprofits"  and the FED grants that are doled out to those states that cooperate.
Everyone here can argue facts until they are blue in the face, but i gaurentee if you take the $$$ incentive away it will become a non issue.
I laugh at Wolf "management" 1) because i have little trust in the WDFW or the USFS. 2) If Idahos aerial gunning management can only kill 5 wolves how in the hell are you going to "manage" wolves in real timber like whats on the the West side of the Mts?  2 small facts that i gleaned from a couple of WB 3rd party posts... Legal hunting was only able to take 5% of the wolf population, and aprox 40-60% take was necessary to keep wolf populations in check... Most bush pilots used to have AR rifles in their planes for wolf control before aerial gunning was outlawed... That was the only method that came CLOSE to keeping them in check...
We can argue the "facts" with people like robertg and his ilk, but they just lead us away from the main issue, like a Kill-deer leads you away from the nest pretending a broken wing.

RIGHT ON Special T.

And the Government Litigation Savings Act is a possible answer to the $$$$$$$$$ Issue
 I could have swore there was a thread on here regarding it ,but I can't find it. So here is the discussion on BCR Posted by a Montana native

Note to self.... Hey Moron,Look down one thread! Must have been too close!
http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,77056.0.html

http://www.backcountryrebels.com/showthread.php?t=15707
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal