collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolf Wars have moved to Washington  (Read 151619 times)

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Wolf Wars have moved to Washington
« Reply #360 on: June 08, 2011, 02:40:14 PM »
i've figured it out robertg must be part of the wdfw cause you give him facts, data and resources yet all he does is spit out the same broken record type things with out even looking at any of the information you have given.  :bash:

And now turning on each other? How's this going to help hunters in WA?
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline sebek556

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #361 on: June 08, 2011, 02:42:09 PM »
how is it turning when he started against me?

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Explorer
« Reply #362 on: June 08, 2011, 02:43:53 PM »
Ok guys tell us how we are supposed to act and what we are supposed to say.  And then show me one instance where acting the way you WANT us all to behave and want us all to speak has had a positive impact in this instance.  Give me an example and I'll toe the line and shut up.
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline Hockdo7

• Tracker
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/HD-Productions/212835452072739
« Reply #363 on: June 08, 2011, 02:44:01 PM »
Piano Man...The Anti Hunters already tell lies...nothing that gets said here is going impact anything. You want the issue to up front and honest, get a big jar of vasoline, the only good that will come from it is a full belly for wolves.

Offline WAcoyotehunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #364 on: June 08, 2011, 02:44:36 PM »
I'm gonna hope that WFW is not condoning any SSS comments,and I hope the hunt-wa does not either..like it or not its against the law and does not help any cause.And if that kind of action is happening , I'm thinking the amount of breeding pairs might just get raised.

Go ahead believe in the system that has decimated Idaho, Oregon and Washington are next. Having worked with Both sides, (politically correct and the in your face crowd) I can tell you what system I stand behind. Policy is garbage, anyone on here believing that things will be changed by policy might as well sell all your hunting rifles. I've been behind the scenes on the political agenda and they are more about rubbing c*cks together then actually doing something. Tell where is RMEF????SCI? ??? ? Conducting polls and putting out bullsh*t 30 second youtube videos that don't represent the true voice of sportsmen. You shell out millions upon millions of dollars to these companies and what do they do to protect their own viability?? Not a dam thing! WISE up the Grey wolf is and always will be foreign and needs to be exterminated, just the like the common house RAT.

Hock

Your attitude won't do your cause any good. Hunters are supposed to be conservationists and respect ALL wildlife. Gray wolves are not foreign. They have been in north America for 750,000 years.
I agree Robert. 

Most of you on here know my position on wolves- I am pro wildlife and don't mind sharing with a managed population of wolves.  I think the extremist approach is only going to lead to disappointment.  We need to be realistic and understand that no matter what, wolves are moving into washington and are going to be a part of this landscape.  We need to get a reasonable managment plan in place and make sure that we can find/document wolves to meet the requirements set in that plan. 

I keep seeing the invasive species argument from Hockdo...it makes no sense to me.  If you want to save a deer or elk from an invasive species, go spray some knapweed and make a difference in the habitat.  We could have wolves and game if we managed habitat quality.  IMO the non native animal argument is not going to gain any ground.

Offline BIGINNER

• YAR TOWN CRIER *************
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #365 on: June 08, 2011, 02:46:06 PM »
 :)
THIS MESSAGE WAS SENT USING MY TIME MACHINE.... SO THIS IS MY OPINION TOMORROW...

OH BY THE WAY. I FIGURED OUT HOW TO TURN ON CAP LOCKS ON MY PHONE... :IBCOOL:  :yike: :yike:

Offline robertg

• Tracker
« Reply #366 on: June 08, 2011, 02:46:58 PM »
I'm gonna hope that WFW is not condoning any SSS comments,and I hope the hunt-wa does not either..like it or not its against the law and does not help any cause.And if that kind of action is happening , I'm thinking the amount of breeding pairs might just get raised.

Go ahead believe in the system that has decimated Idaho, Oregon and Washington are next. Having worked with Both sides, (politically correct and the in your face crowd) I can tell you what system I stand behind. Policy is garbage, anyone on here believing that things will be changed by policy might as well sell all your hunting rifles. I've been behind the scenes on the political agenda and they are more about rubbing c*cks together then actually doing something. Tell where is RMEF????SCI? ??? ? Conducting polls and putting out bullsh*t 30 second youtube videos that don't represent the true voice of sportsmen. You shell out millions upon millions of dollars to these companies and what do they do to protect their own viability?? Not a dam thing! WISE up the Grey wolf is and always will be foreign and needs to be exterminated, just the like the common house RAT.

Hock

Your attitude won't do your cause any good. Hunters are supposed to be conservationists and respect ALL wildlife. Gray wolves are not foreign. They have been in north America for 750,000 years.
I agree Robert. 

Most of you on here know my position on wolves- I am pro wildlife and don't mind sharing with a managed population of wolves.  I think the extremist approach is only going to lead to disappointment.  We need to be realistic and understand that no matter what, wolves are moving into washington and are going to be a part of this landscape.  We need to get a reasonable managment plan in place and make sure that we can find/document wolves to meet the requirements set in that plan. 

I keep seeing the invasive species argument from Hockdo...it makes no sense to me.  If you want to save a deer or elk from an invasive species, go spray some knapweed and make a difference in the habitat.  We could have wolves and game if we managed habitat quality.  IMO the non native animal argument is not going to gain any ground.

Well said.

Offline Wenatcheejay

• Past Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #367 on: June 08, 2011, 02:49:38 PM »
robertg, WFW & H-W does not condone illegal activity period. Is that clear or shall I type it again? Some people feel wolves should have not been released in the lower 48 States. Others feel betrayed because the organizations that you support did not abide by the agreed upon numbers of wolves. Delisting should have happened in 2003. If your side had allowed that instead of fundraising you could have had a lot of Hunting orientated organizations on your side. Wolves even with modern hunting would have continued to grow in numbers. If your side would allow for real science and not the rose colored versions you would admit there are 70,000 wolves in North America. You would admit that wolves will migrate 1000 miles. You would admit that if a wolf has sex Sandpoint Idaho and then migrates to the Spokane area with a pack in the Idaho/Washington area and should be counted for that area.Boarders are imaginary lines. But your side will not do this. You have pitted a usually quiet and slow to anger part of America against you. We will fight your false science. We will document how all of this came to be. I hope as time goes on we gather enough evidence to sue the Federal Government. As Washington Politics will be sympathetic to you and apathetic to us you will have time on your side for awhile. That is why keeping funding for nuisance animals inside the WDFW should be kept to a minimum. Seattle and it's burbs need to pay for it's own issues, they and their population created this. We need to force them to keep their own predators. It's not just wolves. It is the total mismanagement of wildlife that angers me. I'd venture most here. The anti predator hunting initiatives could be overturned. That would help some. In other states like Idaho the hands of the GAME Department have not been tied like here. That is the anger and the lack of trust. Clear?
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

Offline Hockdo7

• Tracker
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/HD-Productions/212835452072739
« Reply #368 on: June 08, 2011, 02:50:55 PM »

Hock

I agree Robert. 

Would it make a difference if it was a bengal tiger then? The canadian grey wolf is non native and much bigger, trained to hunt and kill much bigger game, in much harsher conditions, so just introduce random predators to ecosystems....?

Offline BIGINNER

• YAR TOWN CRIER *************
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #369 on: June 08, 2011, 02:53:59 PM »
BEHGAL TIGERS WOULD BE AWESOME!!!  :tup:  :yike:  :sry:

LOL 
THIS MESSAGE WAS SENT USING MY TIME MACHINE.... SO THIS IS MY OPINION TOMORROW...

OH BY THE WAY. I FIGURED OUT HOW TO TURN ON CAP LOCKS ON MY PHONE... :IBCOOL:  :yike: :yike:

Offline robertg

• Tracker
« Reply #370 on: June 08, 2011, 02:58:45 PM »

Hock

I agree Robert. 

Would it make a difference if it was a bengal tiger then? The canadian grey wolf is non native and much bigger, trained to hunt and kill much bigger game, in much harsher conditions, so just introduce random predators to ecosystems....?

As far as I know, bengal tigers are not native to North America. "canadian" gray wolves are gray wolves. These are the same gray wolves that have been crossing the border into Idaho, Montana, etc from Canada for years and years. Here is a good article for you to read. This non native canadian wolf thing is nothing more than a myth.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2010/feb/17/actual-wolf-weights-often-skimpier-than-hunters/

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #371 on: June 08, 2011, 02:59:50 PM »
Hockdo and Machias, I don't want the wolves at all. I hope I'm clear about that. I believe in being vocal against the wolf program and for taking the WDFW and the USFWS to task. I wanted to attend Saturdays commission hearing and ended up with an emergency that kept me home. I have no problem with opposing the wolf lovers and to using real science to prove our point. I have no problem with telling the world how misguided and misinformed these people are and to expose them for the frauds that they are. I want everyone to know that this action is going to endanger our wildlife.

Having said that, posting your plans for illegal poaching of a protected species is only going to hurt our cause in the public eye. Do what you're going to do. Broadcasting it will only make us look like Neanderthals in the long run. This will help the wolfies.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #372 on: June 08, 2011, 03:00:31 PM »
BEHGAL TIGERS WOULD BE AWESOME!!!  :tup:  :yike:  :sry:

LOL

Yeah, I'd put in for that tag!  :yeah:

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Explorer
« Reply #373 on: June 08, 2011, 03:01:15 PM »
robertg, WFW & H-W does not condone illegal activity period. Is that clear or shall I type it again? Some people feel wolves should have not been released in the lower 48 States. Others feel betrayed because the organizations that you support did not abide by the agreed upon numbers of wolves. Delisting should have happened in 2003. If your side had allowed that instead of fundraising you could have had a lot of Hunting orientated organizations on your side. Wolves even with modern hunting would have continued to grow in numbers. If your side would allow for real science and not the rose colored versions you would admit there are 70,000 wolves in North America. You would admit that wolves will migrate 1000 miles. You would admit that if a wolf has sex Sandpoint Idaho and then migrates to the Spokane area with a pack in the Idaho/Washington area and should be counted for that area.Boarders are imaginary lines. But your side will not do this. You have pitted a usually quiet and slow to anger part of America against you. We will fight your false science. We will document how all of this came to be. I hope as time goes on we gather enough evidence to sue the Federal Government. As Washington Politics will be sympathetic to you and apathetic to us you will have time on your side for awhile. That is why keeping funding for nuisance animals inside the WDFW should be kept to a minimum. Seattle and it's burbs need to pay for it's own issues, they and their population created this. We need to force them to keep their own predators. It's not just wolves. It is the total mismanagement of wildlife that angers me. I'd venture most here. The anti predator hunting initiatives could be overturned. That would help some. In other states like Idaho the hands of the GAME Department have not been tied like here. That is the anger and the lack of trust. Clear?

I will now SHUT UP and let Wenatcheejay speak for me since he is able to convey exactly what I feel and am thinking!

I also feel exactly like WACoyotehunter, the problem is the other side has NO regard for honesty, they have no illusions of ever properly managing wolves.  This is the frustrating part.  You guys keep saying it does our side no good, only harm.  Guys how much more harm can come when there is nothing left to hunt? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?
Fred Moyer

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Explorer
« Reply #374 on: June 08, 2011, 03:06:21 PM »
If you look back I have been following this thread since the beginning and have not posted.  My frustration level continues to rise and rise.  We all want the same thing, MANAGED WOLVES, however following the rules, playing nice will NOT GET US THERE!!!   :bash: :bash: :bash:   All we have to do is look east and those three states have a population MUCH more hunter friendly then we do.  This state will never ever see the pressure that was brought from the residents of ID and MT.  If we don't do SOMETHING it will all be lost in our lifetime.  We will not have a heritage to pass along to our children.
Fred Moyer

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal