collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolf Wars have moved to Washington  (Read 151594 times)

Offline Klyne3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Country Girls Don't Retreat - They Just Reload
Re: Wolf Wars have moved to Washington
« Reply #450 on: June 08, 2011, 07:59:11 PM »
Has there been a organization organised yet for WA hunters to join to help monetarily and to voice our opinions? Is there a gov committie still active on this issue in WA? We need to organise. We need to find some hunter friendly BIO'S that can help with good statistics and info
I agree- a reasonable approach and organization would be helpful to send a unified message.

:yeah:

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #451 on: June 08, 2011, 07:59:29 PM »
ok thank you I was getting someback ground on who i am talking to.
now robert  these 15 wolf packs will this include instate transent packs?

when they are 15 breeding pairs in WA for 3 years, then I believe they will be delisted.
This is the plan now, but when it is time the Humane Society and all the other animal lovers make it a court matter.  Then it gets dragged out like we have watched in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming.  Why would they not do the same.  Make it black and white to the Humane Society that they have a plan in action if you turn it into a legal battle then the hunters will handle the matter at hand.  There management plans for wolves have been crap at best.
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

Offline Huntnphish

• Hunter
« Reply #452 on: June 08, 2011, 07:59:38 PM »
 Robert, do you honestly believe 15 breeding pairs will "naturally" make their way into this state? I seriously doubt this state will ever have more "naturally" breeding pairs than it does now, the only way I ever see 15 is if they are transplanted. :twocents:

Offline robertg

• Tracker
« Reply #453 on: June 08, 2011, 07:59:56 PM »
ok thank you I was getting someback ground on who i am talking to.
now robert  these 15 wolf packs will this include instate transent packs?

when they are 15 breeding pairs in WA for 3 years, then I believe they will be delisted.

Does this 15 pairs include the wolves crossing from canada and idaho? this is what i am asking, sorry if i did'nt get it across properly my spelling and gammar are horrible
I don't know to be honest.

Offline jager

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #454 on: June 08, 2011, 08:00:54 PM »
The idiocy on this thread is becoming almost unbearable...

Yes the Yellowstone wolves are being hit by disease....Parvo, for the last what? 7 or 8 years maybe longer.
Yet at the same time they sure managed to wipe out a whole lotta elk even with their weakend numbers.

The talk of YNP is like it's a fenced in enclosure, those animals are free to come and go as they choose.

The wolf will always have the upper hand. It is an apex predator. Period.

Why the lack of any science based facts disputing what is happening to ungulate populations in Idaho or Montana.

Fact: It's all the fault of the human intervention. Creating YNP, "exterminating" the wolf. Building your house. Coming to America. It's all our fault. It's all history and now we have to deal with it all.

This problem will not take care of itself naturally without horrendous consequences.

We have to manage most if not all species.  Period.

I for one will not stand by, and let all the fantastic efforts that have been done for all wildlife over the last 80 years or so be thrown to the wind because some folks don't necessarily agree and want to reinvent the wheel. Not gonna happen!

Offline robertg

• Tracker
« Reply #455 on: June 08, 2011, 08:02:43 PM »
Robert, do you honestly believe 15 breeding pairs will "naturally" make their way into this state? I seriously doubt this state will ever have more "naturally" breeding pairs than it does now, the only way I ever see 15 is if they are transplanted. :twocents:

I don't believe wolves will be transplanted. I think over time, more wolves will end up in WA. This 15 breeding pairs is not something that I think is going to happen quickly.

Offline Huntnphish

• Hunter
« Reply #456 on: June 08, 2011, 08:09:48 PM »
I don't believe wolves will be transplanted. I think over time, more wolves will end up in WA.

At the rate the wolves have been "disappearing" in Washington lately, the lack of confidence our hunters, and general public for that matter, have in our officials, how will the wolves ever reach that number without being "helped"?

Offline dscubame

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #457 on: June 08, 2011, 08:10:25 PM »
why are you double posting?  Same post on two different threads.  Perhaps your a trouble maker and should move on.  referring to robertg.

What do you mean double posting? I was responding to a comment seth made to me.

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,76638.60/topicseen.html

Double posting as you did on the Cougar Seasons thread here.
It's a TIKKA thing..., you may not understand.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline robertg

• Tracker
« Reply #458 on: June 08, 2011, 08:14:54 PM »
I don't believe wolves will be transplanted. I think over time, more wolves will end up in WA.

At the rate the wolves have been "disappearing" in Washington lately, the lack of confidence our hunters, and general public for that matter, have in our officials, how will the wolves ever reach that number without being "helped"?

Not sure.

Offline Wenatcheejay

• Past Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #459 on: June 08, 2011, 08:17:02 PM »
robertg's stance is far from radical compaired to what I have dealt with. Welcome to the site dude.
(Even if you do ignore me  :chuckle: )

The nice thing about this thread is that is shows the need for a unified voice for our heritage. To be honest a few weeks ago I flat out blew a gasket. I had as much as I can take. I decided it is over, Screw everything. My new mantra was to defund this crappy Government at every turn in every way. The outdoors as it has been for 100 years is my escape. There are forces seeking to and succeeding in changing and in many cases destroying it. I see that I was on the right track before. We need to join as many organizations as we can afford to. It is going to take time and effort to save some pieces of what we once had. Things will change, they have changed. We are going to have to adapt to it. I do think we have more support than we realize. Just because people don't hunt does not mean they don't support us. Just because we hunt does not mean we won't accept 4 legged competition. It isn't the wolves that are cheating, it is Defenders of Wildlife and their ilk. It would be nice when we get a new Governor if we could get them out of WDFW.
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

Offline Kain

• Scalpless
  • Old Salt
  • VantuckyKain
« Reply #460 on: June 08, 2011, 08:20:13 PM »
robertg's stance is far from radical compaired to what I have dealt with. Welcome to the site dude.
(Even if you do ignore me  :chuckle: )

The nice thing about this thread is that is shows the need for a unified voice for our heritage. To be honest a few weeks ago I flat out blew a gasket. I had as much as I can take. I decided it is over, Screw everything. My new mantra was to defund this crappy Government at every turn in every way. The outdoors as it has been for 100 years is my escape. There are forces seeking to and succeeding in changing and in many cases destroying it. I see that I was on the right track before. We need to join as many organizations as we can afford to. It is going to take time and effort to save some pieces of what we once had. Things will change, they have changed. We are going to have to adapt to it. I do think we have more support than we realize. Just because people don't hunt does not mean they don't support us. Just because we hunt does not mean we won't accept 4 legged competition. It isn't the wolves that are cheating, it is Defenders of Wildlife and their ilk. It would be nice when we get a new Governor if we could get them out of WDFW.
:yeah:  Totally.  :tup:

Offline Huntnphish

• Hunter
« Reply #461 on: June 08, 2011, 08:23:03 PM »

Not sure.

Me either. I don't believe all the existing wolves in Washington are here naturally myself, my opinion, and I realize you and WDFW say they are, we can agree to disagree.

What I am going to find interesting is how after all these years, we only have the three or so "confirmed" packs, yet some way some how, after this new plan passes, we will miraculously end up with new, previously unknown packs confirmed in places where they have not been for many many years, and the Lookout Pack female will miraculously re appear.

We will see what happens, but if I was a betting man.........

Offline sebek556

• Frontiersman
« Reply #462 on: June 08, 2011, 08:23:48 PM »
well said wenatchee  I believe bear paw is working on this very issue. I have to admit i have let this get me compleltly side tracked today not completed my arguement's in favor for proper wolf management. Living on the WA ID boarder I have seen the wolves first hand and watched them run down game in WA. It is a natural death, not a clean one I can tell you this. I would love the day that WDFW would actualy listen to what a hunter has to say instead of nodding then giving me their typical approved press release.

Offline Kain

• Scalpless
  • Old Salt
  • VantuckyKain
« Reply #463 on: June 08, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »

Me either. I don't believe all the existing wolves in Washington are here naturally myself, my opinion, and I realize you and WDFW say they are, we can agree to disagree.

What I am going to find interesting is how after all these years, we only have the three or so "confirmed" packs, yet some way some how, after this new plan passes, we will miraculously end up with new, previously unknown packs confirmed in places where they have not been for many many years, and the Lookout Pack female will miraculously re appear.

We will see what happens, but if I was a betting man.........

You may be right but Im not so sure.  There is a LOT of money to keep them on the list as long as they can and no incentive to take them off. 

Offline CementFinisher

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #464 on: June 08, 2011, 08:32:10 PM »
Has there been a organization organised yet for WA hunters to join to help monetarily and to voice our opinions? Is there a gov committie still active on this issue in WA? We need to organise. We need to find some hunter friendly BIO'S that can help with good statistics and info
I agree- a reasonable approach and organization would be helpful to send a unified message.

:yeah:
I dont, our states to the east of us tried that and it failed. We can not trust the fed's or the far left to manage the wolves properly.

im not talking about giving in or compromisesing. Im talking about a venue to creat a united educated front. thats the only way to get what we want. were dealing with goverment there for we must show power in numbers and education

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]