collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolf Wars have moved to Washington  (Read 151615 times)

Offline mulehunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Wolf Wars have moved to Washington
« Reply #495 on: June 09, 2011, 07:56:45 AM »
If I own 300 cattles on 1,000 acrege below mountain with wolves hanging out above the property.  People have to understand if wolves start to howling above my house. Trust me I would not trust all biologlists if wolves start to kill my cattles.  People have no idea how all ranchers feel. Its something need to be fixed.  I believe all ranchers aren't poachers.  They have to spend lot of time to fix all fence and all year around protecting cattles from wolves.
I am very thankful to have delcious dinner who managed cattles from predators.

Mulehunter.

Offline BIGINNER

• YAR TOWN CRIER *************
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #496 on: June 09, 2011, 07:58:28 AM »
If I own 300 cattles on 1,000 acrege below mountain with wolves hanging out above the property.  People have to understand if wolves start to howling above my house. Trust me I would not trust all biologlists if wolves start to kill my cattles.  People have no idea how all ranchers feel. Its something need to be fixed.  I believe all ranchers aren't poachers.  They have to spend lot of time to fix all fence and all year around protecting cattles from wolves.
I am very thankful to have delcious dinner who managed cattles from predators.

Mulehunter.

IF YOU NEED ANY HELP PROTECTING THE CATTLE, JUST LET ME KNOW   :tup:   :IBCOOL: 
THIS MESSAGE WAS SENT USING MY TIME MACHINE.... SO THIS IS MY OPINION TOMORROW...

OH BY THE WAY. I FIGURED OUT HOW TO TURN ON CAP LOCKS ON MY PHONE... :IBCOOL:  :yike: :yike:

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #497 on: June 09, 2011, 08:08:54 AM »
I believe there are 2 strategies that Sum up our options.
1) Fight within the system to bet a proper outcome. I believe this is what Wacoyote Hunter recommends.. Argue the facts, hold people accountable and bargain for the best "Deal" possible.
2) Attack the money side of the problem. Go after the funding of the enforcement of the ESA, The funding of ESA related work by the WDFW, or the misuse of pitman roberts funds.

Examples of option 1's downfalls  are evident in this post. Playing within the system against a stacked deck is a suckers proposition. Not only do we not hold any cards but we are able to sidetracked and marginalized just like in this thread.... I for one have little trust in the WDFW or the USFS on this matter so why would i talk to them? It is a good tactic for them and not us... Not to mention this route is how MT and ID chose to deal with it and how has it worked out for the?

Option 2 is much cleaner in my mind EVERYONE is concerned about $$$ right now... You have a larger more sympathetic audience about government misuse of funds. It also easier to point out the lack of common sense in what is happening. I think it is easier to avoid being pidgin holed by or adversaries. Everyone is more likely to be concerned about $$$ Not just dumb ignorant rednecks that are only concerned will killing animals, like me.  :twocents:
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #498 on: June 09, 2011, 08:37:28 AM »
I gotta tell you guys for several years I felt exactly as WAcoyotehunter.  I liked the idea of having wolves in the mountains and believed once we reached the original management objectives that they would be delisted and both sides would be happy, Managed wolves back in the wilds.  That they were bigger than the original species, did not really bother me.  That some elk numbers would go down was expected and did not bother me.  I did not support or condon the SSS crowd, I believed it was counter productive for our side.  After watching the last 3 to 5 years unfold I have come to the realization that I'm a fricken moron.  The GOVERNMENT and the pro wolf advocates have no intention of ever compromising with us.  I have gone to the three year meetings with WDFW and have seen first hand they have no intentions of taking anything we ask for into consideration.  The few times they have capitulated on a issue is when we have, in force, confronted them and demaded action (Bear season in Aug).  On this issue WDFW and the Pro wolf advocates will not in any way meet us anywhere near the middle.  So what options do we have?  Lawsuits?  I don't believe with the liberal courts in this state (upholding unconstitutional ballot initiatives 655 and 713) will give us any relief.  So what are we left with?  We are left to fight for our heritage or give up and bitch an moan in a few years.  I believe we will all be fishing in just a few short years.  I see it as almost a sure thing.   :'(
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline Dave Workman

• Forum Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #499 on: June 09, 2011, 08:39:34 AM »
Methow ranchers indicted for wolf killings as battle lines drawn

Methow Valley ranchers Bill White and his son, Tom and Tom’s wife, Erin have been indicted by a federal grand jury in Spokane for wolf poaching, adding more fuel to a debate that has been raging this week over wolf reintroduction in Washington State.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/methow-ranchers-indicted-for-wolf-killings-as-battle-lines-drawn

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence

Offline Huntnphish

• Hunter
« Reply #500 on: June 09, 2011, 09:02:53 AM »
A weasel is a Democrat congressman from New York who sends lewd images of himself to women and then lies about it to everyone, including his pregnant wife.

:chuckle:

Offline trippledigitss

• 1.21 Jigawatts!?!
  • Sourdough
« Reply #501 on: June 09, 2011, 09:18:25 AM »
Not sure if this has already been posted on this thread but a commenter named "rickg1" supposedly from Missoula on the Seattle Times comment section posted a link to this thread with the following comment:

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,77285.0.ht

there are many hunters from WA who are preaching "sss" and want wolves exterminated from WA. Just look at that link and these people arew supposed to be so called conservationists.All these people care about is having large #s of deer and elk to shoot.

If you are interested, the Times comment section can be referenced here:  http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/reader_feedback/public/display.php?registration_return=true&source_name=mbase&source_id=2015269378&offset=20

Just a friendly heads up
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 09:27:37 AM by trippledigitss »
I aint superstitious - cuz its bad luck!
Global Warming: The #1 threat to Unicorns!

Offline sebek556

• Frontiersman
« Reply #502 on: June 09, 2011, 09:26:07 AM »
this is a opion and have no proof to back it but.. the surfice of a person on hear causing a up roar yesterday shows that we scare them if we organize. Never on this thread had there been one before and it was only after we started organizing that they popped on. we need to push forward! Do we have any members that are lawyers by chance?

Offline Wenatcheejay

• Past Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #503 on: June 09, 2011, 10:01:53 AM »
Methow ranchers indicted for wolf killings as battle lines drawn

Methow Valley ranchers Bill White and his son, Tom and Tom’s wife, Erin have been indicted by a federal grand jury in Spokane for wolf poaching, adding more fuel to a debate that has been raging this week over wolf reintroduction in Washington State.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/methow-ranchers-indicted-for-wolf-killings-as-battle-lines-drawn

Good job  :tup:
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #504 on: June 09, 2011, 10:44:44 AM »
Not sure if this has already been posted on this thread but a commenter named "rickg1" supposedly from Missoula on the Seattle Times comment section posted a link to this thread with the following comment:

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,77285.0.ht

there are many hunters from WA who are preaching "sss" and want wolves exterminated from WA. Just look at that link and these people arew supposed to be so called conservationists.All these people care about is having large #s of deer and elk to shoot.

If you are interested, the Times comment section can be referenced here:  http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/reader_feedback/public/display.php?registration_return=true&source_name=mbase&source_id=2015269378&offset=20

Just a friendly heads up

This is exactly what I was saying about the posts in here. Folks from the outside see this and we as hunters lose credibility. Here's the proof. Hunters are not the only ones reading on our site.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline trippledigitss

• 1.21 Jigawatts!?!
  • Sourdough
« Reply #505 on: June 09, 2011, 11:59:30 AM »

This is exactly what I was saying about the posts in here. Folks from the outside see this and we as hunters lose credibility. Here's the proof. Hunters are not the only ones reading on our site.

I dont know what all is in this thread as I havent been reading it - but that was exactly my same concern and what I wanted everyone here to be aware of.
I aint superstitious - cuz its bad luck!
Global Warming: The #1 threat to Unicorns!

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #506 on: June 09, 2011, 12:06:42 PM »
The SSS crowd need to move the last S to the first S.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Explorer
« Reply #507 on: June 09, 2011, 12:15:49 PM »
 :chuckle:
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #508 on: June 09, 2011, 12:51:00 PM »
what is SSS please?
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Dave Workman

• Forum Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #509 on: June 09, 2011, 01:05:15 PM »
"Shoot, Shovel, Shut-up"
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal