collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Connelly: Has twilight come for America's wolves?  (Read 3024 times)

Offline Wenatcheejay

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
Re: Connelly: Has twilight come for America's wolves?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 11:50:07 AM »
 :bash: :bash: :bash: :puke: :puke:
Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline FC

• Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 11:55:54 AM »
I saw that last night, read the comments and you will really be shaking your head.
The reason there are so many Ruger upgrades is because they're necessary.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 12:19:10 PM »
silly wolf lover who has no concept....  :bdid:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Dave Workman

• Forum Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 01:38:27 PM »
Well, lesse how Workman stacks up to him....  ;)

Washington’s wolf war heating up fast

The “Wolf War” in Washington State is heating up faster than the temperature over the weekend, with comments from a leading wolf advocate and veteran liberal Seattle P-I.com columnist Joel Connelly adding fuel to the political fire.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/washington-s-wolf-war-heating-up-fast

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 02:18:37 PM »
Well, lesse how Workman stacks up to him....  ;)

Washington’s wolf war heating up fast

The “Wolf War” in Washington State is heating up faster than the temperature over the weekend, with comments from a leading wolf advocate and veteran liberal Seattle P-I.com columnist Joel Connelly adding fuel to the political fire.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/washington-s-wolf-war-heating-up-fast

Nice!
Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline NRA4LIFE

• Site Sponsor
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 03:15:42 PM »
"They hang on in northern Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan".  Hang on?  Really?  This guy has no clue.  They've populated 2/3 of the state of Wisconsin.  Guys can't run dogs anymore for coon and bear because the wolves pick them off.

Look man, some times you just gotta roll the dice

Offline Wenatcheejay

• Past Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 04:01:20 PM »
Good article Dave. You are right it is pretty clear that YNP and Lolo was not an accident on their part it was intentional. And, it is what they intend for Washington. I tried to upload this to the PI but it would not let me post even when I lowered the number to within their limits. I did send it to Connelly with some modification so he was not in the 3rd person. I thought I would leave my thoughts here.

I am not against “Government Wolf Reintroduction.” That might surprise many people I talk to about this subject. It has gone beyond being emotionally for or against this species. They are here and they will continue to grow in population. The question is what to do when there is conflict between humans and any predator. I believe Joel Connelly and his ilk at Conservation Northwest would put wolves above human safety and any economic destruction that reintroduction brings. After all, it is not him or his way of life that has to change. It amazes me how so many people are oblivious to the reality that wolves are creating havoc in certain ecosystems. They really do hold to the “Twilight” notion. To them, wolves are just dogs, they never conflict with or harm humans.  They believe there are Environmental groups that always pay Ranchers full compensation for the loss of their cattle. If the Ranchers are compensated they get paid so they are out nothing. The Problem is you have to prove it beyond all reasonable doubt it was a wolf that preyed on your cattle. That can be hard if not impossible to do. In my opinion their real agenda in pretending to offer compensation is to control the science behind how many domestic animals are preyed upon by wolves. Wolves do in fact attack and kill humans.  Candice Berner is dead. She was attacked and killed by up to four wolves in Alaska.  Kenton Carnegie is dead. He was attacked by wolves in Canada. There are hundreds of cases of non-fatal wolf attacks in the 20th century alone. These are areas much more remote than the Lower 48 States. The problem isn’t wolves. The problem is mismanagement when they go bad, when they conflict with or present a danger to humans. The bigger problem is the lie that wolves are endangered. They are not and have never been. There are over 70,000 Grey Wolves in North America. That is hardly a number that equates endangered. They are “rare” in the Lower 48 States. I say this to dispel the notion of getting rid of the wolves. That is not the intent, a call for sensible management is.

Representative Barrett is quoted as saying, “Wolves kill for sport and leave their victims alive to die.” This is fact. Documented “thrill killing” has been shown to be common with wolf populations. Deer, elk, cattle, even pet dogs have been mutilated and left to die for sport by wolves. It is required for Organizations like Conservation Northwest and Defenders of Wildlife must ignore this evidence because it would dispel the ideal that a wolf only takes what it needs, and only then it is just putting the sick and the old out of their misery. (Wolves are humanitarians.) That notion, “Putting the sick and the old out of their misery” is a common theme in liberal ideology. It works well for getting campaign contributions in my opinion. Governor Butch Otter is quoted as wanting to take 55 wolves from Idaho. That is true. The area of the Lolo region of Idaho used to be home to one of the largest elk herds in America. It has been decimated primarily by wolves and is in danger of becoming unsustainable. If that happens it would in all likelihood cost more wolves than 50 their lives along with economic ruin to the towns and people that depend on the hunting industry to sustain them.  Currently the elk populations in Yellowstone and the Lolo Region have dropped 80 to 90 percent since wolf reintroduction. It is also worth mentioning that the program Otter signed eliminated 5 wolves total. That is a dismal failure by any standard of management. What is the desired outcome of Conservation Northwest and I would venture to say Mr. Connelly would agree would be a Yellowstone free from human interaction. Large sums of land where human interaction is kept to an absolute minimum. While I can understand that many people do not hunt or fish don’t think they have a dog in this fight, allowing these groups who use their influence to create emotional causes to line their own pocketbooks, beware. Today they prey upon the vastly outnumbered human hunter. But make no mistake, when they get done with this program they may come for some form of recreation that you do enjoy and partake in.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw