collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Any **NEW** pictures or info on the Elk in YELM?  (Read 5396 times)

Offline Yelm hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Any **NEW** pictures or info on the Elk in YELM?
« on: June 11, 2011, 10:07:02 AM »
Has anyone seen any Elk in YELM this year?? --(2011)

My brother was coming home from fishing on clearlake and seen a nice bull just before the stop sign on Bald Hills were the OLD junction was. Across from Mt.Vista.

Anyone else see anything or get pictures?

Offline kglacken

• Co-Host at ZG Outdoors
  • Sourdough
    • ZG Outdoors
Re: Any **NEW** pictures or info on the Elk in YELM?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 11:44:50 AM »
Haven't seen them out that way yet but out where I live in Yelm i have seen them up until about the last 2 weeks. i just caught a glimpse with no pictures! Got pictures last year around this time of six 3 point or better bulls. That herd usually produces some nice animals!

Offline mmullins

• Hunter
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 08:25:24 PM »
Been seeing a ton of elk this year. Couple on baldhills road (between the new junction and 4 corners). also have been seeing them out on vail. I have never seen them around mt. vista though, but will keep an eye out. It's cool looking at them but i don't wast time hunting them out here.

Offline kenbell27

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 08:31:07 PM »
I have not seen any bulls yet but have seen a few cows out in the feilds.

Offline kglacken

• Co-Host at ZG Outdoors
  • Sourdough
    • ZG Outdoors
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 10:31:29 PM »
Saw a couple cows today in the evining

Offline pullemfar

• Pilgrim
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 09:59:57 AM »
What times are ya'll seeing these elk, I've burning up some gas and only seen one small bull cross in front of me on Rainier RD coming back from Lacey one night bout 8:30. I've been looking with the kids during the day and no luck so far, really want them to see'em.

Offline akirkland

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 03:04:39 PM »
Never seen a elk in Yelm. But ive seen many near the outskirts of the city.   :bdid: to talk about elk in our backyards. I dont like drawing attention to what we have.

Offline iRem

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 06:56:20 PM »
Never seen a elk in Yelm. But ive seen many near the outskirts of the city.   :bdid: to talk about elk in our backyards. I dont like drawing attention to what we have.
Well that's too bad! These Elk are no secret, and most evey one knows that when it's huntin season these Elk will stay on private property and no where else to be found! Secert's been out for years. We love driving around looking at the Yelm and Kapowsin Heard! Post em if you have em.

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 07:06:42 PM »
Yeah it is no secret, especially to the local who tend to get their bulls before or between seasons.  I saw 5 bulls on the other side of McKenna a few weeks back and one lone bull off of Hannus Rd.  Our local herd only has 5 barely branched bulls this year.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 07:26:42 PM »
Well that's too bad! These Elk are no secret, and most evey one knows that when it's huntin season these Elk will stay on private property and no where else to be found! Secert's been out for years. We love driving around looking at the Yelm and Kapowsin Heard! Post em if you have em.

"Herd", had to do it .
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline akirkland

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 10:19:47 PM »

Yelm has a HERD? Never seen a HERD out here before. Seen a few singles here and there and a few small groups of cows. I would say they are migraters looking for food. I have several large pieces of property i can hunt out towards vail (which is where these elk are coming from). I should stay home, eat toutle tag soup and put a hurtin on this HERD. Keep this post going! I want to learn more about this Yelm HERD! Thanks for pointing that out CAMPMEAT. I had some fun with that.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 09:22:39 AM by bobcat »

Offline pullemfar

• Pilgrim
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 12:23:14 AM »
 At this point we're just sight seeing, being new to the area and all, we just can't sight see enough. All I hear from the wife and kids when we pull out the driveway is "lets go find some elk and bear". Just got to know where to go look. Went down around skookumchuck on Johnson crk rd, didn't see any elk, but the tree farm is postcard material. 

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2011, 07:43:43 AM »
                                                                                                                                                                Yelm has a HERD? Never seen a HERD out here before. Seen a few singles here and there and a few small groups of cows. I would say they are migraters looking for food. I have several large pieces of property i can hunt out towards vail (which is where these elk are coming from). I should stay home, eat toutle tag soup and put a hurtin on this HERD. Keep this post going! I want to learn more about this Yelm HERD! Thanks for pointing that out CAMPMEAT. I had some fun with that.

I heard ya............
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline akirkland

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2011, 08:19:56 AM »
What times are ya'll seeing these elk, I've burning up some gas and only seen one small bull cross in front of me on Rainier RD coming back from Lacey one night bout 8:30. I've been looking with the kids during the day and no luck so far, really want them to see'em.

In my opinion i dont think you are going to be very successful finding a herd to look at. Im sure if you keep it up you will find a single or a few elk hanging together. They are just so far and few in between. Ive only seen one bear out here and he was haulin #@! accross the road. Dont get me wrong... i will burn some fuel lookin for critters myself. It is nice on the backside of Yelm. Kinda pretty in the evenings. This evening should be real nice if it is anything like last night. I concentrate on Ft Lewis if i want to find critters close to home. Good luck to ya :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 09:22:14 AM by bobcat »

Offline jason4429

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2011, 09:10:58 AM »
I see elk almost every day on my way to work.I don't know what you guys consider a herd,but the other day I saw 22 cows and one branched bull.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]