collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Illegal Activities Involving Wolves or Other Wildlife  (Read 80122 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
Illegal Activities Involving Wolves or Other Wildlife
« on: June 16, 2011, 05:07:05 PM »
Hunting-Washington does not condone the illegal killing of wolves or any other wildlife. An organized and civilized society must have laws and those laws must be enforced for a society to remain organized.

It has been the policy of Hunting-Washington to allow most civil discussions. Moderators will sometimes remove comments they find and judge to violate forum rules especially if comments are unsuitable for family viewing or discussion on this forum. When comments are found that suggest illegal activity they are usually left on the forum so that law enforcement can monitor such activity.

Topics started that appear to be meant primarily to promote illegal activity are not desired, topics that are meant to discuss the issues related to illegal activities may be allowed. Not everyone will understand or agree with what the moderators choose to remove or allow, but the moderator team will do their best to administer this policy in the best interest of this forum and the sport.

Everyone has agreed to the Forum Rules when signing up to use this forum. Please note the following excerpt from the Forum Rules: https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,163263.msg2152384.html#msg2152384

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, slanderous, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any State, International, or United States Federal law.

(updated)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 08:58:40 AM by bearpaw »
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline LRP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: Illegal Activities Involving Wolves or Other Wildlife
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 08:18:31 AM »
Great subject, not sure how many will commit themselves to posting anything.  In the field we hear of violations which are never reported.  Remember, anyone reporting violations to WDFW, do so in a timely manner, ASAP, not a week later.  Also try to include vehicle plate numbers, direction of travel, time, etc.  It's nice to see them caught in the field, makes a big splash.  Investigation consume a lot of time.
LRP

Offline mulehunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 09:29:32 AM »
Can you clarify what kind of activities would be considered illegal when it comes to wolves? (Besides the obvious)..  For example; if I stumbled upon a den could I take pics or is that harassment?  We have free range cattle near my property, if the wolves were hunting them, am I ok to scare them off?  Lets say they have that cow down already; if I witness it? How do you want us to provide evidence that it was a wolf kill? Last time I remember in okanogan county seemed pretty obvious that the cow was killed by wolves but biologist denied it.

Mulehunter.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 10:36:30 AM »
My Personal Opinion
I don't see how taking pictures or setting trail cams can be illegal, after all, Conservation Northwest members are doing it all over Washington. Disturbing wolves with other intentions is most likely illegal. I don't know how far you can go to protect livestock or pets, currently I do not think you can legally shoot a wolf in Washington under any circumstance unless you are being attacked, but I do not know how the law reads on that, I certainly hope the laws allow you to protect yourself or other humans.  :twocents:

Check The Laws & Report Wolf Sightings
Inform yourself by reading the Hunting Regulations, by calling WDFW, and by visiting the WDFW website. Report sightings, depredation, or any other types of wolf info here: http://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/gray_wolf/contacts.html#guidelines

Also report any wolf info and sightings here for the public record:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,79244.0.html
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 10:16:23 AM by bearpaw »
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline seth30

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • It's time to HUNT!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 10:39:24 AM »
Bearpaw,

Thank you for providing the proper channels for reporting Wolf sightings :tup:
Rather be dead than cool.
Kurt Cobain

Offline mulehunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 11:04:50 AM »
 :yeah: 

Mulehunter.   :tup:

Offline snowranger

• Pilgrim
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 07:34:29 AM »
I have a problem with the wolves being introduced in WA.  Not that I'm against it I just think the farmers and ranchers will have the final say and that will be it. I dont think they will get established enough for us to hunt them but hey maybe my head is in the sand.
O.   B.   A.   M.   A. Stands for...
One Big A** Mistake America!!!!

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 07:41:06 AM »
I have a problem with the wolves being introduced in WA.  Not that I'm against it I just think the farmers and ranchers will have the final say and that will be it. I dont think they will get established enough for us to hunt them but hey maybe my head is in the sand.
huh ... they will be everywhere soon... there are more out there than they think ....guarantee ya that .... :tup:

Offline billdo5

• Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 10:52:50 AM »
Great subject, not sure how many will commit themselves to posting anything.  In the field we hear of violations which are never reported.  Remember, anyone reporting violations to WDFW, do so in a timely manner, ASAP, not a week later.  Also try to include vehicle plate numbers, direction of travel, time, etc.  It's nice to see them caught in the field, makes a big splash.  Investigation consume a lot of time.
LRP
R u a gamewarden or something???... Nobody is going to report of a wolf being shot.. Hense "Shoot and Drive Away" or people throwing sponges on the sides of road soaked in blood and meat... You u want to save the wolves then go out and pick all the sponges off the side of the road because i wont... And im pretty sure nobody else will either.  :dunno:

Offline grousefether

• Tracker
  • nothing wrong with being a meat hunter
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 10:43:03 PM »
LRP
R u a gamewarden or something???... Nobody is going to report of a wolf being shot.. Hense "Shoot and Drive Away" or people throwing sponges on the sides of road soaked in blood and meat... You u want to save the wolves then go out and pick all the sponges off the side of the road because i wont... And im pretty sure nobody else will either.  :dunno:
       :chuckle: :chuckle:   makes a big splash for the wolf lovers. Its not illegal to keep your mouth shut. Makes me wonder about people that would rush to turn someone in. IMO....worry about yourself. If your gonna lose sleep over a dead wolf, there are plenty of people who share your views. Just not hunters who actually care about our wildlife
Keep working fellas. Millions on welfare depend on us

Offline castie2504

• Scout
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2018, 08:19:26 PM »

I thought I read that the wolves here in WA are spreading from those released in Idaho and Montana. They weren’t released here were they?
Life's a garden, Dig it!

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2018, 08:26:20 PM »
Talk about an old thread.

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2018, 08:52:21 PM »
Billdo, wow this is an old thread. Haven't heard from that character in awhile. :chuckle:
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline pd

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2018, 09:37:49 PM »
Shoot.  From the thread title I thought Bearpaw was going to talk about buying cigarettes for minors or something like that. 
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Brad Harshman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2018, 10:50:50 PM »
I've said before and I'll say it again.  The anonymity this site allows breeds this type of discussion.  I truly believe if HuntWA required everyone to use their real names the amount of trash talking and unhelpful bantar would decrease significantly. Say what you mean, mean what you say, and stand up proud about saying it.  Don't hide behind the cloak of the internet and your fake names.  Let's have quality discussions that support the hunting community, our traditions, our way of life.  All this trash talk about breaking laws destroys the very fabric that defines us as a community bound by ethics.  It paints everyone of us as blood thirsty, apathetic barbarians, not conservationists.
Stop giving the Humane Society and PETA future ammo to shoot us down with.

Great topic OP (whoever you are).

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by BigVinn
[Today at 10:21:19 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Today at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Today at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Today at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter