collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: ~ Cougar Stake Holders Meeting ~  (Read 2822 times)

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
~ Cougar Stake Holders Meeting ~
« on: June 17, 2011, 07:11:25 PM »
Did anyone make it to the meeting today? I am looking for an update.

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
Re: ~ Cougar Stake Holders Meeting ~
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 07:14:07 PM »
huh ... what was this about ?

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 07:53:28 PM »
The DFW Stakeholders meeting today at OB2 in Olympia to discuss cougar conservation and hunting with dogs.

I was hoping that the WFW or WWPHA would have an update or notes to share with us.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 07:54:59 PM »
Man does WFW need a retired person that lives in the oly area or what!
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 08:05:25 PM »
I am looking for the agenda, but here is part of the email I got.

The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife is hosting a stakeholder meeting to discuss cougar conservation and hunting cougars with dogs.  This meeting is being organized to address a commitment made between Representative Joel Kretz (District 7) and Mitch Friedman, executive director of Conservation Northwest, during the 2011 legislative session.  We are requesting your participation in a forum designed to better understand the state of scientific knowledge and promote discussion from a wide range of perspectives regarding hunting cougars with dogs.

The session will be held June 17, 2011, in the Office Building 2 Auditorium on the capitol campus in Olympia beginning at 9:00 a.m.  The format will include a science panel who will discuss their perspectives on the science of cougar population ecology, cougar management, and the effects of hunting.  The invited stakeholders and legislators will ask questions of the panel members and discuss their perspectives.  We will also determine if there is enough interest in pursuing further discussion on potential legislation that bridges the perspectives of the stakeholders.

We hope that you are able to attend and ask that you contact************************* to confirm your attendance.  Others are welcome to attend and observe the discussion from the audience.  We are looking forward to a constructive and productive discussion about cougar management and hope that you can attend.

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 08:10:15 PM »
Here was the agenda. I hope the formatting stays since it was copied and pasted.

Agenda

9:00 a.m.            Overview and Purpose             Rep. Kretz and Mitch Friedman (Cons NW)

9:15 a.m.            Review Agenda & Meeting Format            Facilitator

9:30 a.m.            Introductions of Stakeholders                Self Introductions by Group Members

10:00 a.m.            Expert Panel                                        Facilitator
·        Introduce Members
·        Response to Pre-Exposed Questions
o       Explain your perspective on cougar population ecology and how it is affected by hunting (with or without dogs). Please give attention to the matter of human conflicts.
o       Explain your perspective on the various forms of hunting (use of dogs, boot) for cougar management.
·        Panel Members may ask Questions of Each Other

12:00 p.m.            Lunch – On Site

1:00 p.m.            Stakeholder Questions of Expert Panel            Facilitator         

2:00 p.m.            Develop Legislative Action Items                 Facilitator
·        Use of dogs for hunting cougar
·        Penalty for illegal killing of cougar
·        ?

3:00 p.m.            Workshop Individual Action Items                 Facilitator

4:30 p.m.            Discuss Next Steps                                           All

5:00 p.m.             Adjourn

Offline Elk whack master

• Scout
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 08:29:51 PM »
I'll take my cougar steak medium well!!! :drool: :chuckle:
Take a back road!

Chew tobacco, chew tobacco, chew tobacco, SPIT !!!

Offline stumprat

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 08:32:57 PM »
I wish I had known about it.

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 08:36:04 PM »
yeah me too... thats why I wish more people would get on board to let people who do not know everything to be aware of things like this !

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 08:56:35 PM »
The invited stakeholders and legislators will ask questions of the panel members and discuss their perspectives.  We will also determine if there is enough interest in pursuing further discussion on potential legislation that bridges the perspectives of the stakeholders.

If you read it was by invitation.... I was told about it by a legislator, but was not invited.  :twocents:
WFW is not a known organization yet, and WDFW probably knows if I was there I would speak my mind, I'm not sure that's what they want.  :twocents:

As Bowhunter45 eluded, it's a huge task following everything, I will be glad when we gain more members too.  :twocents:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 09:03:03 PM »
The invited stakeholders and legislators will ask questions of the panel members and discuss their perspectives.  We will also determine if there is enough interest in pursuing further discussion on potential legislation that bridges the perspectives of the stakeholders.

If you read it was by invitation.... I was told about it by a legislator, but was not invited.  :twocents:
WFW is not a known organization yet, and WDFW probably knows if I was there I would speak my mind, I'm not sure that's what they want.  :twocents:

As Bowhunter45 eluded, it's a huge task following everything, I will be glad when we gain more members too.  :twocents:
I just spent 1/2 hour reading threw the legislation meetings and everything I found was from March ...mainly about the cougar pilot program ...I will look harder tomorrow or call and see what i can find out !!!1

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 09:19:53 PM »

I just spent 1/2 hour reading threw the legislation meetings and everything I found was from March ...mainly about the cougar pilot program ...I will look harder tomorrow or call and see what i can find out !!!1

The legislator I was talking to told me it was by invitation, but there is a HW member who was invited who may weigh in.  :twocents:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 09:35:31 PM »
No invitation was needed and there was no public input or testimony.
From the last paragraph.
"Others are welcome to attend and observe the discussion from the audience."

I was told it would be recorded, but possibly not available on the DFW website.

Hopefully someone can give us some bullet points.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 10:00:17 PM »
maybe www.acesswa has it?
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal