collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Really sucks  (Read 17018 times)

catwithboost

Re: Really sucks
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2008, 09:15:51 PM »
I see your point on tranfering tags being hard to setup. But the idea is good. If anything at least out of this post we could all agree on that.  :dunno:

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2008, 06:09:32 AM »
My problem with transferable tags........ If you have a lobby group then you can get your whole family and pile of friends that don't hunt to put in for you.  This may be extreme as it would cost you a frinckin fortune, but you could seriously get all your fishing buddies to put in for 5 bucks then get your tag.  I see it alot on the Rez where cousins, aunts and grandmas who have ZERO intention of hunting, put in for th emoose tag, then have the hunter of the family go get a moose, elk or whatever it is they need a tag for, which isn't much, but thats a different thread.

Then what happens when the original tag holder wants his tag back?  :chuckle:

I could easily see the above scenerio happening. This is a bit different, but I know people that apply for ghost points for their kids and wife so that the points build up and in the future they can apply as partners. Pretty smart if you ask me. :chuckle:

Offline WDFW-SUX

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2008, 06:27:02 AM »
My problem with transferable tags........ If you have a lobby group then you can get your whole family and pile of friends that don't hunt to put in for you.  This may be extreme as it would cost you a frinckin fortune, but you could seriously get all your fishing buddies to put in for 5 bucks then get your tag.  I see it alot on the Rez where cousins, aunts and grandmas who have ZERO intention of hunting, put in for th emoose tag, then have the hunter of the family go get a moose, elk or whatever it is they need a tag for, which isn't much, but thats a different thread.

+1

It would cost about 400 bucks to build points for 10 people for deer or elk............I think there would be more than a few taking advantage of that....including myself.
THE WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND WILDLIFE SUCKS MORE THAN EVER..........

Offline BlackTail

• Scout
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2008, 11:53:56 AM »
catwithboost,  I understood your post from the start and see your point about people with no intention of hunting a certain tag (not sure how many fall into that category, but I see your point).  That being said, why would you then turn around and say you like the idea of transfering tags??  Talk about people putting in for a draw with not intention of hunting....

Think of how hard it would be to draw some of these tags if people had their whole family putting in for them too.  I think you would turn a lot of tags into the equivalent of the governors tag.

:bdid:

Offline Ray

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1475043431
    • Hunting-Washington
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2008, 02:33:30 PM »
So who are the people who go into the special draw and don't want to hunt? I think you guys are just looking for a reason to gripe.

Offline tmike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2008, 02:39:20 PM »
So who are the people who go into the special draw and don't want to hunt?
  PETA  :dunno: Those are the only ones I can think of.

Offline Ray

• Old Salt
    • Hunting-Washington
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2008, 02:43:08 PM »
Pretty much what I said earlier in the topic  :chuckle:

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2008, 04:19:44 PM »
So who are the people who go into the special draw and don't want to hunt? I think you guys are just looking for a reason to gripe.

That has been my question all along, but I am not getting any answers. :dunno:

Offline BlackTail

• Scout
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2008, 04:47:38 PM »
Ray,  Not sure if that question was directed at me but I was just agreeing that IF someone is putting in for a special draw with no intentions of hunting then that sucks, but I also said I didn't think very many people fell into that category.  If stuff happens, and it usually does  :bash:, and someone can't get out as much as they wanted to...well I think we all fall into that category!

The second part of my comment was about why I thought transfering a tag was a really bad idea.  I think it's very easy to see how someone, with no interest at all in hunting, might put in for tags if they thought some money could be made off of drawing and transfering them.

catwithboost

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2008, 06:06:20 PM »
catwithboost,  I understood your post from the start and see your point about people with no intention of hunting a certain tag (not sure how many fall into that category, but I see your point).  That being said, why would you then turn around and say you like the idea of transfering tags??  Talk about people putting in for a draw with not intention of hunting....

Think of how hard it would be to draw some of these tags if people had their whole family putting in for them too.  I think you would turn a lot of tags into the equivalent of the governors tag.

:bdid:
I was not looking at the transfer as a scam point. I was looking at the honest point of it. Notbeing able to use it and being able to tranfer so it does not go to waist.

Offline Ray

• Old Salt
    • Hunting-Washington
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2008, 06:21:13 PM »
I don't think you guys have thought this topic through. You want a license to gripe about everyone else around you got it. If someone asks you for some examples on who these people are and you're speechless and defensive. Take it as you want. That's how it seems. I don't really care. People will put in for any tags they want and if you don't like that then I suppose a lot of other things in life will eat you  alive from the inside than that.  :dunno: I think that you're just spinning your wheels and with a hint of elitism or even envy. Have fun.

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2008, 07:28:33 PM »
This is making me tired.  I'm gonna go hunt bear :chuckle: :chuckle:
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal