collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Report Wolf Sightings Here - Hunting-Washington Wolf Count 158+  (Read 619751 times)

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
Re: Report Wolf Sightings Here - Hunting-Washington Wolf Count 158+
« Reply #390 on: September 21, 2012, 02:52:14 PM »
Met up with Mudman today and his buddy saw a wolf west of Maple Mtn off of Trout Creek Rd at 7:30 am this morning. They also said 3-5 wolves were howling last night on Maple Mtn across from their camp. I told Mudman to give a better report. ( they also have pictures of a Grizzly Bear paw print )
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #391 on: September 23, 2012, 10:57:42 AM »
Ok, I will get right to it.  Friend Saw skinny dark color blackish wolf running in field where cattle are fed off of trout creek rd north of stormking mnt..  The date 9-21. While I was harvesting bear hiking out at about 9pm a wolf howled long cry about 200yards directly across creek bottom we were coming out of.  Date 9-19.  On the nite of 9=19 and 9-20 2 to 4 wolves herd howling from maple mnt at about 10pm.  Grizzly bear spotted chasing small 180ilb black bear out of bottom.  Friend was on quad and looked down to see large brown bear chasing black bear across road he was on 20ft in front of him.  He said brown bear saw him and turned and ran back down, black stopped on road looked at him and continued up hill.  He left quickly on his quad.  He grew up locally and knows bear well, His stepdad has 450lb color bear mounted and he was on that hunt.  He knows bears well and says "I dont know for sure I saw Grizz but thats the biggest damn bear i ever seen"  He guess weight and size of 600lbs and head very large.  Another buddie hunting with us hiked the ridge with the big bear and found fresh large print crossing trail and took pictures I will try to get on here.  It is about 7-9inches wide and 7-10 long.  Also the bottom is a graveyard for deer, not sure if black bear kill mature deer that often?  Gods country. 101unit.
MAGA!  Again..

Offline Salmo

• Hunter
« Reply #392 on: September 26, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »
About the grizz..  Glad I'm not the only crazy man alive..  3 weeks ago while hunting bear in the south cascades west of Oldman Pass my partner and I watched a silver colored grizz for prolly 10 minutes.  No doubt about what we saw.  Both of us have killed and are familiar with the fact Washington has a very healthy population of color phase bear.  You can't tell us it wasn't.  Size prolly in the 450lb range tops..  Figure since nearly all bears look bigger than they are it's at least a 350lb bear.
"Thou shall hunt where there are trophy Mule Deer or forever be plagued by mediocrity"

Offline villageidiot

• Scout
« Reply #393 on: September 27, 2012, 06:33:34 AM »
 A friend was bear hunting up by Sullivan Pond which is northeast of Winthrop about 3 miles as the crow flies. He walked in what he said was 3 miles which takes him to almost boulder creek but not quite.  He sat down and used his rabbit call to see if he could get a bear to come in.  Soon 3 wolves showed up.  He was startled and said it was definitely wolves. He said they circled him and were making calls back and forth like they were talking to each other with little grunts and hoots.  These have not been reported on this site I don't believe but others have told me they've seen wolves up Boulder creek this spring.  This is not the Lookout Pack.

Offline Skinner

• Scout
  • 2007 Methow bear
« Reply #394 on: September 27, 2012, 08:45:07 AM »
Right in the heart of my buddies cattle.....
IAFF Local 828

Offline Sagebrushwilly

• Tracker
« Reply #395 on: September 27, 2012, 10:06:18 PM »
Went to Davenport this afternoon to watch my Grandson play football.  Talking to
my son-in-law about hunting and he said that some PUD linemen reported seeing
two wolves north of his parents home.  My son-in-law farms NE of Davenport.  His
parents live about 4-5 miles east of him.  I will be seeing him again Sunday and will
try to get a little more info if he knows more.  He said he was going to start carrying
a rifle.  I told him to also take a shovel.

Offline waterdoctor

• Tracker
« Reply #396 on: September 30, 2012, 08:08:42 AM »
Still out of state working however talked to my neighbor yesterday and he told me that he was going over the Orient cut off road on the way to coffee at the store and saw the black wolf that I had seen.  He is reliable so trust his report.  About 10 am near the First Thought road, Stevens county.

Offline danderson

• Hunter Education Instructor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
    • elkhornarchers
« Reply #397 on: September 30, 2012, 06:19:20 PM »
  I was up the Teanaway valley today  about 3 miles in from the main road for muzzy Deer, I wasn't seeing much and was thinking about moving to another area just because  in past years you would expect to see quite a few deer, at least a dozen or so does by noon, but when  I started getting into lots of  fresh elk sign and a bull started bugling I figured why not see how big this bull was, I moved down wind and slowly got into an  opening and waited for the show, all of a sudden the herd  exploded out of there pocket of trees and headed to another county,  I thought  that  they must have winded me until all of a sudden what sounded like at least 10 wolfs started howling, I knew immediately that what had happened was I spoiled there hunt, the howling lasted about 30 seconds and then nothing but  silence, eather I stumbled into there den or they already had a kill down, eather way I got out of there with no other encounter.

Offline Gringo31

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #398 on: October 03, 2012, 01:26:33 PM »
Thank you guys for posting
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
-Ronald Reagan

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
« Reply #399 on: October 04, 2012, 07:34:54 PM »
Talked fo a friend today and said he saw a wolf on the south fork of St. Peters Creek 2 weeks ago here in Ferry County.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #400 on: October 06, 2012, 05:44:16 PM »
Got a call from my mother in law in pomeroy this morning. She watched a grey wolf chase 2 whitetails out of the canyon, through the wheat and into her pasture about 90 yards from her house while she watched it all go down. The deer outran the wolf. He ran up onto the road where he stood staring at her guard llama for a few minutes. He then wandered off across the road through the wheat. This was in 178 peola GMU.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Elkslayer

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
« Reply #401 on: October 10, 2012, 01:40:29 PM »
My bro-in-laws brother was out elk hunting yesterday on the north boundry of the Spokane Indian Reservation and ran into some of the Huckleberry pack.

He said he could hear something coming towards him through the brush so he got ready thinking it might possibly be some elk. He said a big dark grey one came in and stopped at about 12yds, sensed something not right then turned around and left. Then shortly after a different one came in and stopped 15-20yds away, made eye contact for a few seconds then turned around and left with 3 young ones following behind.

"YOU MUST FACE YOUR CHALLENGES HEAD ON IN ORDER TO SUCCEED."

Offline TopOfTheFoodChain

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #402 on: October 12, 2012, 08:40:39 AM »
Did not actually see them but found the tracks on a cattle trail 30 yards from my tent on Thursday morning(10/04/12). All about the size of my wallet, 4.5" long. Here is a pic of the most clear track. Lone tracks spaced far apart, them a bunch of them together. This was in LT. Murray area, Manastash GMU340, Observatory Road, down low. Tracks were not there when I went to sleep, found them at first light.

Reported to WDFW.

I'm no expert - maybe a bunch of large yotes?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 06:44:49 PM by TopOfTheFoodChain »

Offline Co

• Scout
    • http://www.facebook.com/EuropeanDesign
Re: Watch out Wolves R out there/ big ones.
« Reply #403 on: October 14, 2012, 08:18:32 PM »
 :yike:
Hey fellas,
Was back and forth on weather I should share these pics....
I was out in one of my normal areas and was scanning the road for cougar/ bear tracks... and came across these monsters... the pics really don't do them Justis, standing there and seeing dog tracks that were 2-3 times  size of any dog track I have ever seen... and seeing the distance between foot tracks, looked like the size of a horse....   really erry...   I fallowed the tracks for about 3/4 mi.  the tracks, would fallow road, dip into timber for 20-75 yards then back into timber... then dissipated N. into timber....

These tracks were not very far outside of Leavenworth.
I Love Mule Deer.

, High Country Co

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
« Reply #404 on: October 15, 2012, 05:29:01 PM »
Did not actually see them but found the tracks on a cattle trail 30 yards from my tent on Thursday morning(10/04/12). All about the size of my wallet, 4.5" long. Here is a pic of the most clear track. Lone tracks spaced far apart, them a bunch of them together. This was in LT. Murray area, Manastash GMU340, Observatory Road, down low. Tracks were not there when I went to sleep, found them at first light.

Reported to WDFW.

I'm no expert - maybe a bunch of large yotes?

Coyote.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal