collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: DNR Lands Requiring A Discover Pass  (Read 75686 times)

Offline Huntbear

• I am a BAD Kitteh
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Y.A.R. Jester aka Smart Ass
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1236486665
Re: DNR Lands Requiring A Discover Pass
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2012, 08:18:22 AM »
I have asked WDFW enforcement publicly (on their fb page) for a definitive answer on this , especially in the Central part of the state since it can be a patchwork of DNR, WDFW, Timber co., BLM, and other types of land....

NO answer back in 4 months....  and I gave them a gentle reminder 2 months ago, that I was still waiting for THEIR answer.
By my honorable conduct as a hunter let me give a good example and teach new hunters principles of honor, so that each new generation can show respect for their god, other hunters and the animals, and enjoy the dignity of the hunt.

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.

Offline Magnum40

• Pilgrim
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2012, 12:43:13 PM »
Man, you guys that are for this pass are way off target.  We, like our Grandfathers, should never have to buy access to our public lands and should never be stopped by law enforcement only to be asked to present a pass.  I was a reserve officer during college and believe me I'm pro law enforcement but against a large controlling police state...this pass gives the government the ability to restrict your access and contact anyone without reasonable suspicion to see their pass.  This is not the country I want to leave my kids.

www.oathkeepers.org   
Just give me a shot is all I pray...my rifle and I will make the play!

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2012, 02:43:27 PM »
Funny thing is, I was for a pass back when the idea first was floated out there.  But what I envisioned was a pass for the people who stay at DNR campgrounds or the people who ride their mountain bikes on the DNR trails and park at the trailheads.  It seemed like a good idea to get those people to pay toward the maintenance of those areas.

What they ended up with is a joke.  I am missing out on using a lot of good forest land in Capital Forest (which is not far from my house) because I refuse to pay the fee.  Requiring it on all DNR land is not right IMO.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline motg9_6

• These animals are gods gift first before government's possessions. If it is illegal for a man to fend for himself then he can not be a man in his own right!
  • Longhunter
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2012, 01:10:24 PM »
i personally refuse to buy one. remember when the access stewardship FIRST came out. you had to have it for wdfw and dnr lands. what changed. our prices on hunting keep going up. if they want to charge people for using MAINTAINED camping spot im all for that. just for land access its rediculous, what do we pay our taxes for then. they need to get off their A$$E$ and do their job correctly. balance the budget and live within their means, we have too.

Offline castor gitter

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Tracker
  • Groups: WSTA-life, NTA-life, NAHC-life, NRA-life, ITA..
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2013, 11:16:41 AM »
 :twocents: for me is this.... I buy my licenses and tags, license my rigs, am law abiding, and they keep hiking prices up and adding new things like this to our fees. I can support the pass for campsites and improved areas, BUT not for those of us that buy all these licenses and tags already. I have major issues with the fact of needing to have it on the mirror while driving. Also to just need it for driving through areas! The state is making it so that if people want to enjoy the outdoors you need to be rich! They talk now of a higher fuel tax again even when ours is one of the highest in the country? That's another reason I don't believe we should have to pay to drive our own roads. I use to love this state with all the diversity in what you could do. Now I don't wanna spend any money here to support the govt and messed up rules/regulations.

Offline motg9_6

• These animals are gods gift first before government's possessions. If it is illegal for a man to fend for himself then he can not be a man in his own right!
  • Longhunter
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2013, 11:37:30 AM »
 :yeah: agreed

Offline motg9_6

• Longhunter
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2013, 08:51:58 AM »
going to reopen this can of worms what is the difference between State Land, State Timber Lands, and DNR. i have seen all 3 of these on our counties parcel website identifing who own the lands. and is the Discover Pass required for all three of just DNR.
please dont speculate give facts obtained with paperwork to back it up. im getting ready to fight this one head on.

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2013, 09:09:45 AM »
Those labels aren't enough to really identify if it's DNR, WDFW, State Parks, or some other agency. If it says "state timberlands" you can be pretty sure that's DNR. I have never seen that myself.

A clue is the mailing address given. If you get to know which is which, that will tell you right off the bat. But if that doesn't work, there should be a link that says something like "view assessor's data for parcel." If you go there you should see a more accurate description of who the "taxpayer" is.

Another way to check ownership would be the WDFW "Go Hunt" online map. It will at least help to distinguish between what is DNR, and what is WDFW.

There are also the DNR Public Lands paper maps which would also be a good source in identifying ownership.

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2013, 09:18:15 AM »
One more thought- just try Googling the address given for the owner of the parcel. It seems that often the address shown if it's WDFW will be 600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, Wa. If you google that, you will for sure get many hits for Washington Dept of Fish and Wildlife.

Offline Noiro

• Hunter
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2013, 09:30:26 AM »
They must be having a big bonus ticketing unsuspecting urban dwellers out for a ride in the country with the kids. The family pulls over to stretch and take some photos and ends up being interrogated and assaulted by LE for no permit.
Any $$$ numbers on how much this extortion is pulling in? Any reports of permit stops developing into greater LE issues with the public?

Offline motg9_6

• Longhunter
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2013, 10:24:35 AM »
from goldendale fish and wildlife LEO all state land requires a discover pass doesnt matter how its is labled on the COUNTY parcel website. USFW requires access stewardship if you have hunting/fishing liscense and if you do not have hunting/fishing liscense a discover pass is required.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2013, 10:30:39 AM »
from goldendale fish and wildlife LEO all state land requires a discover pass doesnt matter how its is labled on the COUNTY parcel website. USFW requires access stewardship if you have hunting/fishing liscense and if you do not have hunting/fishing liscense a discover pass is required.

The Discover Pass is not applicable with the US Fish and Wildlife Service lands.

Offline motg9_6

• Longhunter
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2013, 11:00:34 AM »
according to their website it is look it up.

http://www.discoverpass.wa.gov/

you can find under exclusions that if you have a hunting/fishing liscense and are on wdfw that you dont have to have the discover pass.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2013, 11:05:31 AM »
according to their website it is look it up.

http://www.discoverpass.wa.gov/

you can find under exclusions that if you have a hunting/fishing liscense and are on wdfw that you dont have to have the discover pass.

You are confused. The Discover Pass is only needed on state lands. The US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) and US Forest Service (USFS) are federal agencies. WDFW is different then USFWS

Offline motg9_6

• Longhunter
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2013, 12:47:21 PM »
nope not confused maybe you are.......

right off their website

Where do I need a Discover Pass?
For a complete list of exemptions, please go to the Discover Pass website.

The pass is required on state recreation lands and water-access sites managed by Washington State Parks (State Parks), Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) and Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR). These lands include state parks, water-access points, heritage sites, wildlife and natural areas, DNR and WDFW campgrounds, trails and trailheads and all DNR managed uplands (natural areas and trustlands, but not aquatic lands. Learn more >>

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]