collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Last day on the Westside - Capitol Peak  (Read 6914 times)

Offline Braz475

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Re: Last day on the Westside - Capitol Peak
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2008, 11:50:33 PM »
Which entrances do you guys find to be the most productive area for bear in CF?  I have seen the most sign out Bordauex Rd....but still no luck... :dunno:

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2008, 05:12:19 AM »
Which entrances do you guys find to be the most productive area for bear in CF?  I have seen the most sign out Bordauex Rd....but still no luck... :dunno:

They can be far and few between. I once stopped a DNR employee and he told me in 15 years up there he only saw one bear...must not have been looking too hard.
pm sent.

Offline Dean44

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
  • -.-. --.-
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2008, 05:26:30 AM »
I was up there today and saw a bear at 6 am.
If you left your camp, went right at the gate and follow it back to the C line and take a left where the cut starts. It came out of the cut broadside about 200 yards in front of me and walked down the road. I got to watch it for about 30 seconds before it crossed into some older reprod. It was solid black with no rubs and about 150 - 175lbs.

I know exactly where you mean. We drove that route several times to and from the area where all the peels were and camp. That is OK though, hopefully you will get a chance at him in the fall season.

We did a little scouting near our home in Kalama yesterday morning. I will start a different post with some pics.

-.-.  --.-   -..  .   -..  .  .-  -.   .-  -  --  -.--  -  .-  .-.  --.  .  -  ...  .-.-.-  -.-.  ---  --

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal