collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: "New Application Fee"  (Read 7292 times)

Offline WCTaxidermy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
"New Application Fee"
« on: August 03, 2011, 03:48:24 PM »
I just got my notice from WDFW.  Taxidermy State License fee is now going from $180.00 a year to $250.00 a year.  Washington has the highest Taxidermy license fee in the NATION! Bend over fellow Taxidermists and check your mail, it should be in there.  John

Offline seth30

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • It's time to HUNT!
Re: "New Application Fee"
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 03:54:22 PM »
John,

sorry to hear that, do they give a reason behind the raise in price?

Seth
Rather be dead than cool.
Kurt Cobain

Offline gaddy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 03:54:43 PM »
sorry to hear that. im not a taxidermy guy but i have to ask why? was there any explination? or are you just a small business with no clout that they can take advantage of as there is so few of you?

Offline seth30

• Old Salt
  • It's time to HUNT!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 04:00:15 PM »
sorry to hear that. im not a taxidermy guy but i have to ask why? was there any explination? or are you just a small business with no clout that they can take advantage of as there is so few of you?
I dont understand how when our economy is doing so poorley, and with so many looking for jobs that everything is getting taxed, and taken, you would think they would look out for us in these hards times.
Kurt Cobain

Offline WCTaxidermy

• Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 04:10:54 PM »
Hi Seth, I did have a lengthy conversation with them on the phone today.  They said that they had to make a price increase  "to stay in business"  They make it very hard to run a business in this state! >:(

or are you just a small business with no clout that they can take advantage of as there is so few of you?
gaddy, not sure what you mean.  Every Taxidermist in the State that charges for their services is required to be licensed, rather they take in one mount per year or 5,000 mounts a year.  John       

Offline seth30

• Old Salt
  • It's time to HUNT!
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 04:13:26 PM »
Well John,

I will just have to try harder this upcoming waterfowl season to get a trophy bird your way so you can recoop some of that cost 8)   Hopefully this new price will stay that way for years to come :twocents:
Kurt Cobain

Offline WCTaxidermy

• Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 04:21:35 PM »
Well John,

I will just have to try harder this upcoming waterfowl season to get a trophy bird your way so you can recoop some of that cost 8)   Hopefully this new price will stay that way for years to come :twocents:
LOL I hear ya Seth.  Hopefully if enough of us raise a stink on this one, maybe we can get it reversed.  I know that is wishful thinking, but they sure make it hard to run a business thats for sure.  John

Offline turkey slayer

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 06:01:34 PM »
Great John thanks for the wonderful news :bash:

Offline Wea300mag

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 07:09:50 PM »
We vote time and time again for "NO NEW TAXES" so they soak us in other ways. :bash:
Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes on the skyline

Offline sebek556

• Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 07:42:33 PM »
 :bash: f the little guys yet again

Offline DeerThug

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 08:19:54 PM »
So do you get your license from WDFW or actually through the dept of licensing.

What has happend to other state business licenses is that the Governor mandated that the licenses be done through DOL.  So DOL takes their cut off of the license fee.  So if the original fee was $100 to begin with.  Now the DOL takes their cut.  Then they mandated that it be paid for by credit card.  The agency has to pay that fee too.  So what was 100 bucks to an agency is now less than 80 depending on the situation.  So many agencies are having to raise license fees to get the income that was originally intended by the legislature.

Another backhanded way to fund unintended functions of the lib gov.  So if you apply to DOL a % of your license fee does not go to WDFW.
And is a hiden tax back to the public.
Shoot straight Shoot often

Offline WCTaxidermy

• Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 08:46:34 PM »
A taxidermy license in this state is issued by WDFW not DOL.  The only way you were able to get one issued to you was through WDFW in Olympia via mail.  The process for me was to download the application on line and print it out.  Write a check for $180.00 and put it in an envelope with the application I just filled out.  Put my own stamp on it and send it to Olympia.  They would receive it and cash my check immediatly. :bash:  They will then bring my previous year license up on the computer and change the year and print it out and send it to me.  I guess all that work on their end justifies a $70.00 increase!

I don't mind paying my fair share, the key word there is "FAIR"  The reason why I'm so hot about this is because no other State is even close to the fee Washington charges.  For example, 6 years ago Oregon charged $6.50 for their taxidermy license.  It has gone up since then to about $20.00.  Some states don't even charge for them because you are required to have other business licenses and if you do birds a Federal license as well.

We are getting fee'd to death!  Don't know how much longer the American people are going to put up with this.  Thanks for letting me vent.  John

Offline TheHunt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 09:18:15 PM »
We vote time and time again for "NO NEW TAXES" so they soak us in other ways. :bash:

Iceman put it correctly...   Vote them out and put some Conservative fiscal responsible people in.
275 down 2

Offline FSTaxidermy

• Longhunter
  • Go Seahawks!
    • https://www.facebook.com/pages/fireside-Taxidermy/144574058938866
    • firesidetaxidermy
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 09:43:59 PM »
No wonder the tea party was formed :bash:  smaller govt = lower priced licenses and goods (mounts)  :twocents:
FIRESIDE TAXIDERMY
Located in Toledo, WA.  Appox 15 miles south of Chehalis-Centralia
For current photos and general pricing check out our Facebook page: Fireside Taxidermy or give us a call: 360-623-0320
www.firesidetaxidermy.com

Offline BLKBEARKLR

• Frontiersman
  • Taxidermist
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2011, 09:53:37 PM »
Some states don't even charge for them because you are required to have other business licenses and if you do birds a Federal license as well.

New York, New York... No fees there, I will take you bird hunting in maine  ;)

22 years 3 months and 4 days, happily retired from the U.S Army.

Offline Michelle_Nelson

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Old Salt
  • Bring on the Bears!
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 09:58:11 PM »
I thought it was $200 if you mail it in $250 if you go in to pick it up?  If not what was the $200 thing for?  I just glanced over the letter.

You know when I first bought my license in 2007 it was $180.  So 4 years later in 2011 I would expect them to make an increase some time.  Considering they raised the prices on hunting licenses.  Though $70 does sound a little extreme.  Maybe they don't plan on any increases on ther for 4 more years. :dunno:

I will just take it in the ass like all the other WA taxidermists.  :chuckle:   

I think it use to be $150 or $180 for 3 years in GA.  That was 5 years ago.  Not sure if it has gone up or not.  Sure it has.

Offline Kuduman

• Scout
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 10:21:50 PM »
Reading the letter it looks like an increase of 20 dollars if you pay by 1 September at which time the license will increase to 250.
I don't have a problem with a 20 dollar increase but how about a little heads up...... I wish there was a newsletter addressing current issues like CWD/ Tagging and sealing / and license increases
I don't think that's unreasonable given the 200$ we give them every year.  :dunno:

Kuduman

Offline Smithandsonstaxidermy

• Smith & Sons Taxidermy
  • Tracker
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 06:58:21 PM »
I am glad I am not the only one angered about this.Our game department needs somebody with half a brain to start making some beter decisions.but thats not going to happen. STUPID ASSES.

Offline bucklucky

• Old Salt
    • Charlie Smith
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 10:52:45 PM »
I am glad I am not the only one angered about this.Our game department needs somebody with half a brain to start making some beter decisions.but thats not going to happen. STUPID ASSES.

Half a brain, Im thinking at leat a  1/16th of a brain would be nice  :chuckle: Pretty sure no thought goes into much of what they do. Well, OK, maybee a tiny bit  :chuckle:

• Smith & Sons Taxidermy
  • Tracker
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 12:46:43 PM »
This is how the dumbacrats treat small business,and our game department is liberal dumbacrat.they do what they want ,instead of what they should do. I give them less of my money every year because of there poor decision making.next year i plan on hunting out of state and giving them none.im fed up.

Offline BLKBEARKLR

• Frontiersman
  • Taxidermist
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2011, 02:15:15 PM »
Well guys I truly guess I am the outsider on this issue. They raise the prices for our customers to hunt, the taxidermy supply companies raise their prices, most taxidermists will then raise their prices back to the customer to fulfill that void. But yet we are going to bitch because they raised the prices of our license 70.00?? That is about 5.83 cents a month. Are we one of the highest states for taxidermy license ( YES) Can you go back to a lot of the southern/ Eastern states and tell them you are going to charge them 550 + to do a deer shoulder mount - NO. So I think the 5.83 cents is worth it. They gave us approx 45 days to let us know there will be an increase in fees. I am content.

Go ahead blast away, it's ok.

Smile it is a short life we live, enjoy all the things you can and quit worrying about the crap you can't, cause as much as we all will bitch about not one of us will pick up the phone or write a letter and tell them that we are not happy.  ;)
22 years 3 months and 4 days, happily retired from the U.S Army.

• Smith & Sons Taxidermy
  • Tracker
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2011, 02:21:57 PM »
yep outsider

Offline Michelle_Nelson

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Old Salt
  • Bring on the Bears!
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 02:53:11 PM »
LOL BLKEARKLR,  I wasn't complaining about the increase.  I was giving all the others crap, lol.  :chuckle:

Complaining just makes you feel like you've voiced your opinion.  I hope you guys feel better.  Now bend over and take where F&G wants to put it.  Cuz yall are just going to end up paying it anyway.  :chuckle:

Offline bucklucky

• Old Salt
    • Charlie Smith
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2011, 02:58:23 PM »
I was told it was just the beggining of increases, next year it is supposed to double  :yike:

• Smith & Sons Taxidermy
  • Tracker
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2011, 03:12:47 PM »
That was spoken just as it will be.Sorry if i am crying to much,its just that my butt is still hurting from the discovery pass i just had to buy,if i wanted to keep hunting the area ive hunted for years.

Offline FSTaxidermy

• Longhunter
  • Go Seahawks!
    • https://www.facebook.com/pages/fireside-Taxidermy/144574058938866
    • firesidetaxidermy
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 10:07:02 AM »
Yup, gonna have to pass it on $ or shut the doors :dunno:  we all get to do more with less, the future direction.  Simplier lifestyle is on the come back, lots of good to be had :! and as forest said....."thats about all I have to say about that". :)
FIRESIDE TAXIDERMY
Located in Toledo, WA.  Appox 15 miles south of Chehalis-Centralia
For current photos and general pricing check out our Facebook page: Fireside Taxidermy or give us a call: 360-623-0320
www.firesidetaxidermy.com

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 05:34:44 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter