collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Kings????  (Read 2669 times)

Offline cohoho

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Frontiersman
  • Sturgeon Time Yet????
Kings????
« on: June 20, 2008, 10:41:16 PM »
Anyone - anywhere - fishing for kings and doing well right now???  What is open and accessable? 

My buddy called tonight and my favorite spot in AK has been closed due to the lack of the run developing this year...  So I want to hit it here and poke fun with him.  As he in any minute would do the same....

Offline robodad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
    • frog4life !!
Re: Kings????
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 10:45:11 PM »
Just got an email that they raised the limit for kings on the coast (area 1-4) to two per day and they have been getting a bunch of them around tatoosh island, been out there fishing black bass and caught some kings it was fun.

OH Crap !! now I have to get you another map  :bash: LOL
The essense of freedom is the proper limitation of government !!!

Offline cohoho

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Frontiersman
  • Sturgeon Time Yet????
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 11:02:32 PM »
I'll tell you what Robo, your probably one of the most generous folks that I talked with.  One of these days we'll have to met and go out and catch something....

Offline popeshawnpaul

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
    • http://www.facebook.com/smccully
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 11:12:32 PM »
If you really want to have fun go to Port Renfro and fish kings off of Swiftsure Bank...  I think your boat can do it.  But it would pound the crap out of ya.

I usually do a yearly trip to Tahsis...but it's not looking good with my boat still in the shop.  I know your boat can do that trip as it's mostly all calm protected water.

Offline robodad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
    • frog4life !!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 12:11:51 AM »
I'll tell you what Robo, your probably one of the most generous folks that I talked with.  One of these days we'll have to met and go out and catch something....

Well I really like to see folks be successful and if I know of a spot that produces results I'll tell them about it, it is no different then a guide taking you to his favorite hole or bowl or canyon or whatever, I hate it when I hear this on the radio, "Hey Bill you at that spot we talked about" "no Jon I am at the other place we talked about only a little further to the south" "Hold on let's switch to our channel on the big radio". 

What a bunch of bull, I turn off the radio when I start hearing that crap, They do this song and dance routine like their spot is the greatest spot in the world and don't want anyone else to hear where they are  :bash:

I would be glad to give up my spot to someone else right after I catch the last fish in the hole !!  :chuckle:  No really it is public property and I am just happy folks are out enjoying their time outdoors !! Go get em, just take lots of pics for us to see !!!

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 06:08:13 AM »
Yeah Pope, I would seriously like to fish for halibut before I get too old to stand the beating...whens that boat going to get fixed?

Offline popeshawnpaul

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
    • http://www.facebook.com/smccully
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 09:24:40 AM »
I don't mind sharing spots for some stuff.  However, I have tiny little lingcod holes that can get outfished by two boats.  Also, there are tiny high mountain lakes that can get outfished really quick as well.  Other than that, I'm ok with sharing spots.

The boat?  I don't know.  They still can't get it on the motor computer as it isn't available.  They have to fly it in and they don't know a timetable...  The boat actually runs and can be used, it just has a slight hiccup that my dad and I are trying to take care of.  We are looking at a trip mid July...  I'll let you know.

Offline robodad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
    • frog4life !!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 09:41:32 AM »
I don't mind sharing spots for some stuff.  However, I have tiny little lingcod holes that can get outfished by two boats.  Also, there are tiny high mountain lakes that can get outfished really quick as well.  Other than that, I'm ok with sharing spots.

OH yeah I agree totally with you, if I think it will have a detremental impact on the species as a whole then but stuff like halibut or salmon or what ever that can be found almost anywhere like black bass or bottom fish or whatever, it is no secret as far as I'm concerned, no big deal.

Lingcod is my favorite so my spots are a secret unless you are driving !!  :chuckle:

Offline Dman

• Dmanmastertracker
  • Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 08:11:29 PM »
 Heading out for Kings next weekend, will post a report.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:00:45 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]